Post Thanks / Like

Selling my 2006 R/T Magnum, ~85k Miles

http://topeka.craigslist.org/cto/3517107518.html

I've had this car since 2009 (it would be 4 years in February) and have loved it. This vehicle accomplished all of the goals that I needed in a vehicle, which was utility, speed, and comfort. This is a 2006, so it does not have any of the first-model-year issues that the 2005 Magnums had.

If you're looking at this car, I can assume that you know it has the 5.7L (345 c.i.) "Hemi." Factory output for these cars was 345 hp/390 tq. My magnum is estimated at around 370/400, making it just as fast as the newer model Hemi's (2009 and up). This car has been tuned with a Diablosport Predator, which unfortunately was stolen out of my car. The only downside of this is that you have to run 91 octane unless you get another tuner, or have the dealership flash the car back to factory. I wouldn't recommend it, but to each his own.

In addition, this car also has the following modifications/aftermarket parts:

AFE Stage II Short Ram Intake
    Custom exhaust with 4" tips, mated to:
    SRT Shorty Headers and Mid pipes.
    SRT Aluminum 5-Spoke wheels
    180* Themostat
    HID headlights
    BC Racing Coilover suspension (fully ride height and dampening adjustable)

- This car has been lowered using BC Racing coilovers, and was professionally installed - none of this hacked off springs nonsense. The suspension is fully ride-height adjustable and can go about an inch higher than what the rear is now, all the way down to bagged low. (Run a quick google search on "Aretee Charger" and you'll see pictures of a guy with a charger slammed on these coilovers). This is a legit suspension upgrade, so the ride comfort hasn't been compromised. In addition to fully adjustable ride height, you can also adjust the dampening with the turn of a knob, giving you more control over how stiff or soft the ride feels.

This is a RWD Magnum, and has ~86k miles. It has the 6 disc MP3/CD player with cassette, and EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) which gives you steering wheel controls.

I've had the car since 32k miles and almost all of those miles are highway miles. I switched to full synthetic oil shortly after getting this car, and it has new brakes on all 4 corners. As far as the powertrain goes, this car is solid. Mileage varies depending on your driving habits. If you drive 65, you can see up to 26-27, but if you're cruising 80, don't' expect much over 20.

There are a couple things wrong with this car, which make the asking price flexible. The biggest issue is that the A/C quit working. I had it repaired at a dealership last summer, and when this summer rolled around it wasn't working again. Fortunately, Chrysler has been shoehorning these 5.7s into every imaginable vehicle since 2004, so a compressor is very cheap for these cars on rock auto. There are a few aesthetic blemishes as well. The front fascia has a crack in the corner, and the belly pans and fender wells need replaced. I pulled onto a parking block when I first got the car, and a piece of rebar trashed my belly pans, which later led to me having problems with the fender well. This car also is in need of a wheel speed sensor, which is a $30 part. There are advantages and disadvantages to not having this part, and I weigh the advantages more strongly than the disadvantages. It's easy to replace though, and very inexpensive.

I really do love this car, and I hate to get rid of it, but I just can't justify taking it with me. Hopefully I can find a good home for this fine automobile!

Interior Pictures:

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...5091362891.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...5091361386.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...5091360880.jpg
    Last edited by Sevenernine; 01-21-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Making sexy look easy since 1983.
    Stay Subtle
    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Get a procharger. I only chirp 4th now. The other gears are just a blazing, screaming, tire shredding, smoke filled show of power. But definitely no chirping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanksgiving Price Update.

Post Thanks / Like
    noooo!!!!

Current - 2007 Dodge Magnum sXt - Silver w/Purple Stripes - Daily driver
    Current - 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T - '15 Sublime/'05 Brilliant Black - Weekend warrior
    Current - 2005 Dodge Magnum sXt - Silver - Complete/running parts car
    Current - 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T - Cool Vanilla - parts car
    Current - 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 - Pearl White
    Gone - 2015 Chrysler 300S V6 rwd - Bright White
    RIP - 2005 Dodge 'Dirty Whore' Magnum R/T (12/7/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor View Post
    noooo!!!!

I knoooooow. But I'm moving to DC and don't wanna keep making payments on a car that I won't ever drive. :( Plus, I wanna get something different for now. I'll get another Magnum someday though.

Post Thanks / Like
    BUmp, updated price.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's you? Hmm... How soon does it have to be gone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm. Preferably by the end of January.

Post Thanks / Like
    Posted ad over.

Share This Thread