Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need a little help with HP tuners or 2 not ready codes

got my car back a few weeks ago from cam/head port, valves and switch to HP tuners. Asked the tuner if he was going to disable the rear 02s and he stated he doesn't need to. He can have the range I guess so close that it will semi read and not throw a code. Well next morning after pick up light comes on for P1128 closed fuel loop or something like if memory serves me correct. Send code to tuner and he's never seen nor have I. Go back to shop, seems he's unable to get it to do "what he wants" so he diables the rear 02s and now my car just sits with 2 not readys. Im talking 3 tanks of gas, 400+ miles and nothing.

Any ideas fellas?

Thank you,
    Jay Z
    Likes dev919 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man I am sorry to hear that.... were using Diablosport before and now switched over to HP tuners? Asking because I am buying a tuner soon. Hope it works out H-O-V

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, was DS intune before

Post Thanks / Like
    More than one way to disable the rear O2s...what did he do exactly?
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's extremely strange. I've put close to 2k miles on mine and haven't had an issue with the rear O2's.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just max out the temps on the rear o2. They'll report without making any adjustments

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    More than one way to disable the rear O2s...what did he do exactly?
    Just txted him for clarity. Under my assumption, he tried to max out temps and didn't work forcing to disable.

I have since replaced 02s but didn't change anything

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fastrt09 View Post
    Just max out the temps on the rear o2. They'll report without making any adjustments

shrug, according to a scan tool with live data, the 02s have voltage so I know their reading

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    shrug, according to a scan tool with live data, the 02s have voltage so I know their reading
    Mine does the same thing, but doesnt make changes. Here's how mine are set

Thanks Jay Z thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if they are disabled they'll still report voltage. Question is, did he kill the O2 hardware switches, directly disable the related P codes, or raise the threshold for Rear O2 tests?

Post Thanks / Like
    He said he's working on a fix and testing since im 2hrs away.... Sooo i'll wait. Cars already 8 months out, what;s another month lol

Side note... If I purchase my own HP tuner mcjigger, would I be able to retain his tune and modify what I wanted IF i wanted?

Post Thanks / Like
    He said he's working on a fix and testing since im 2hrs away.... Sooo i'll wait. Cars already 8 months out, what;s another month lol

Side note... If I purchase my own HP tuner mcjigger, would I be able to retain his tune and modify what I wanted IF i wanted?
    Yes. You can save the tune he put in and alter it if need be.

Other than the code, how's it running?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Now let me find the best deal on one....

Great. Almost stock besides the occasional stall in reverse when i'm fully locked. But honestly.... not what i was expecting for a Cam/ported heads/oversized valves

Put it to you this way, I've already called Geico about a 2012 CTSV quote, Looking into used G35 Sedans for a 5.3 swap with a turbski maybe so yea didn't cure my speed/power addiction

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have to license it to edit it yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Now let me find the best deal on one....

Great. Almost stock besides the occasional stall in reverse when i'm fully locked. But honestly.... not what i was expecting for a Cam/ported heads/oversized valves

Put it to you this way, I've already called Geico about a 2012 CTSV quote, Looking into used G35 Sedans for a 5.3 swap with a turbski maybe so yea didn't cure my speed/power addiction
    I loved me some Gen 2 CTSVs until I got my 13 ATS then sat in a buddys 13 V Wagon. It was like the interiors did not come from the same company. The V2 was squeaking and rattling like my 99 Camaro interior, and materials felt the same. Drove me nuts...and I'm not a big interior guy. That said, the LSA does indeed satisfy certain addictions
    My old Boss had a 13 CTSV...that diff made noises I never heard come from the back of a car before. They replaced it under warranty, but it only took like 30K miles to get to that point. Then there are the blowers that often need to be replaced. Do your homework
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-13-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast