Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ECU VIN change

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    LX ECU VIN change

    All,


    I recently bought and installed a 6.1 engine with harness and ECU. Where would be the best place or method to get my cars VIN into the ECU? Also, does anyone do tunes for stock engines? Maybe just a bit more timing, better throttle response, small tweaks like that? Car is a 2008 Magnum R/T. Engine was pulled from a 2008 Charger SRT8.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Southern Connecticut
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can do it yourself with AlfaOBD or Appcar's DiagFCA.
    "Many true sports cars can be outrun by a powerful sedan." - Sir William Lyons, Chairman, British Leyland

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can do the VIN change. I can also reprogram your old 5.7 ECM with 6.1 programming so that you will have a backup. Send me a PM if you are interested. As far as small tweaks go, a Diablosport tuner really wakes these early cars up! You can get used ones on the forum here for pretty cheap. I saw one a few days ago for $150 I think.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Milan, TN
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CtCarl View Post
    You can do it yourself with AlfaOBD or Appcar's DiagFCA.
    With alfaOBD? ive had that program for some time and have never seen its ability to do that or change cluster mileage. Which is why i got it originally

    when they made me they broke the mold, and beat the piss outta the mold maker....
    You just started reading the sentence you just finished reading...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    727
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think either program can change mileage, but I know for sure appcar can change vin's on pcm. Had to do it with mine when I did my nag1 swap.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    I don't think either program can change mileage, but I know for sure appcar can change vin's on pcm. Had to do it with mine when I did my nag1 swap.
    Ik I’m bringing up a dead post, but appcar can? I’m doing a rt awd to srt rwd6.1 swap


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhart18 View Post
    Ik I’m bringing up a dead post, but appcar can? I’m doing a rt awd to srt rwd6.1 swap


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Yes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have appcar, but I do have Alfa. On these older PCMs, on an older revision, it could not. Maybe the newer updated version can.

    However, you will need more than a vin swap when going from 5.7 RT to 6.1 SRT. The fuel map is different as well there is no MDS nor EGR in the 6.1, but there is in the 5.7. so you will have to turn off MDS and EGR as well as tune it for the 6.1. I don't know if any of those apps can do it. I have never tried with Alfa.
    Last edited by Myckee; 07-10-2021 at 07:22 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Myckee View Post
    I don't have appcar, but I do have Alfa. On these older PCMs, on an older revision, it could not. Maybe the newer updated version can.

    However, you will need more than a vin swap when going from 5.7 RT to 6.1 SRT. The fuel map is different as well there is no MDS nor EGR in the 6.1, but there is in the 5.7. so you will have to turn off MDS and EGR as well as tune it for the 6.1. I don't know if any of those apps can do it. I have never tried with Alfa.
    I’m having johan tune it after


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums



Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •