Post Thanks / Like

Trinity 2 with TaZer

Fellow MOPAR maniacs,
    I am researching the ability to run a Diablosport Trinity 2 PCM swap and the ZAutomotive Tazer simultaneously on a 2018 T/A 392. With Dodge locking out the stock OBDII port on 2018+ cars I know the requirement to utilize a Double Bypass for either unit to access the car. Both SKUs I am looking at come with one.

The questions I am left trying to answer are...

1) Is there a way to install one Double Bypass unit somewhere under the dash?
    2) Is it possible for two Double Bypass units to be installed in the BUS in the trunk?
    3) Is a ZAutomotive OBDII T-Harness required?
    4) Is there another option I am overlooking? (Like splicing the two Double Bypass units together?)
    Thanks in advance for any insight,
    Gunner
    Gunner (Mike)
    2007 Tor-Red MSRT W/ SRT group I, II & III
    LMI true CAI, MMPG 87mm TB, GTP Ported Intake Manifold, Inertia Performance Heads, FRI Tomahawk, 176* T-Stat, SLP U/D pulley, JBA Long Tubes with catted mids, Custom cat-back W/ Blastin' Bob's, PT 2800, Blue tops, Getrag W/ 3.73s and CMR tuned by Brent at DTP.
    11/11/11 11.504 @ 118.00, 1.598 60' W/ 315/35/17 NT05R DRs @ 20lbs, 93 oct pump gas, 4125lbs, and a DA of -680

Post Thanks / Like
    I run both in mine. The Tazer in the trunk on the double bypass and the T2 in the OBD2 port under the dash. It has a 90° plug so it's out of the way of my park brake foot.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Punisher, That works for the Pre-2018 cars. Unfortunately on the 2018 and up they added another layer of security between the stock OBDII port and the PCM/BCM. in the form of a Security Gateway Module. This requires the installation of a double Bypass. Unless there is something that I am overlooking...

Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I run both in mine. The Tazer in the trunk on the double bypass and the T2 in the OBD2 port under the dash. It has a 90° plug so it's out of the way of my park brake foot.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll need an unlocked PCM for the T2 anyhow. I'm *thinking* Mike and crew have taken care of that problem with the unlocked PCM

Post Thanks / Like
    The unlocked Diablosport Trinity 2 PCM swap does not get "around" the SGM, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You'll need an unlocked PCM for the T2 anyhow. I'm *thinking* Mike and crew have taken care of that problem with the unlocked PCM

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that sucks

Likes 4t5Gunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You can run multiple bypass cables.
    You can use the one they provide in the trunk for the Tazer and one up front that we provide for the t2.

Alternately, you could just use one and get an OBDII y-splitter and run both off that.
    I use a splitter in my SP so I can have the t2 and Tazer connected at the same time.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Thanks 4t5Gunner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You can use the one they provide in the trunk for the Tazer and one up front that we provide for the t2.

Alternately, you could just use one and get an OBDII y-splitter and run both off that.
    I use a splitter in my SP so I can have the t2 and Tazer connected at the same time.
    Yea what mike said quite a few people tried to tell me you can’t run a splitter but you can just run it off the splitter never had an issue I can give you the link to the one I got from amazon if need be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 4t5Gunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, I was concerned with there being some sort of electronic conflict between them if I hooked up multiple Bypasses. I like the idea of a y-splitter. My TaZer came in yesterday, depending on the weather I am planing to install it in the trunk tomorrow. I originally said T2, however looking at my long term plans for the T/A being primarily bolt on. I am now seriously leaning toward the I3. is the bypass provided with that able to be installed up front or reach from the trunk as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Eric, do you mind throwing up that link so I can check it out. Its good to know that that one works before I buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Yea what mike said quite a few people tried to tell me you can’t run a splitter but you can just run it off the splitter never had an issue I can give you the link to the one I got from amazon if need be
    Last edited by 4t5Gunner; 05-31-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bypass we provide for the cars is designed to be plugged into the OBDII port and used up front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5Gunner View Post
    Awesome, I was concerned with there being some sort of electronic conflict between them if I hooked up multiple Bypasses. I like the idea of a y-splitter. My TaZer came in yesterday, depending on the weather I am planing to install it in the trunk tomorrow. I originally said T2, however looking at my long term plans for the T/A being primarily bolt on. I am now seriously leaning toward the I3. is the bypass provided with that able to be installed up front or reach from the trunk as well?

Eric, do you mind throwing up that link so I can check it out. Its good to know that that one works before I buy one.
    Sorry do you still need the link I must of missed your reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Well here it is anyways if anyone is looking for a splitter

Docooler 16Pin OBD2 Splitter Extension Cable Male to Dual Female Y Cable 30cm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TMCX72..._MIX9Cb1AN1MQQ