Post Thanks / Like

Needing help: wiring a glowshift trans temp gauge

Hello my Mopar family...

I am trying to install a transmission temperature gauge made by glowshift into my 2005 dodge magnum rt and the dilemma I'm running into is how and where to connect the orange (headlights), yellow (consant 12v) and red (switched 12v) wires into the car. Needless to say, I was going to make all the connections via add a circuits into the front fuse box but low profile nor mini fuse tap types will work without major modifications because I wanted to make it look as oem as possible. So, I guess my next option is to reach out to my fellow forum members and find where I am able to connect into the wiring harness using wire taps. Thanks in advance for the information, by the way, the sensor will be installed into my b&m transmission pan. Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon. Respectfully , James.

Post Thanks / Like
    Constant 12V can be found at radio plug. Switched can be tapped from the front power plug (will need to set fuse to switched position in rear fuse box) and IIRC, you should be able to tap for lights at hazard switch assembly. Check with test meter. Where is your temp sensor going to be located?

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines
    Thanks drknyt67 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    Constant 12V can be found at radio plug. Switched can be tapped from the front power plug (will need to set fuse to switched position in rear fuse box) and IIRC, you should be able to tap for lights at hazard switch assembly. Check with test meter. Where is your temp sensor going to be located?
    Thank you BryGuy for the information regarding the proper connects for the gauge, I happened to get lucky and found an air vent pod on Ebay that I can modify into my driver's side air vent. I'll PM you a picture of the completed work when I finish. Again thanks for your assistance definitely appreciated. Respectfully, James aka drknyt67