Thread: Fan settings

Post Thanks / Like

Fan settings

Just wondering what everyone is doing with fan and coolant temps. I have a 16 scat pack with a 180* t stat a T 2 Trinity, cruising at speed temps are fine 183 to 185, as soon as I stop they go up,209 to 212. The main problem is at the track,in the staging lane the temps go up. my older 09 temps stay the same. I know the trinity says desired temp which I set at 173* but the fans don't even come on while at a crawl. What is everyone else doing to keep temps down?

Thanks
    392 thitek heads and twin 62 turbos.10.20's 0n 10lbs,lot's of Hp on tap. Old set up 427 eagle. http://youtu.be/F1twEKaSQHs http://youtu.be/461fZ5OpH8c

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a Diablosport Predator or Intune? You need to go in and adjust the fan setting temps...
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports installed 6.1/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    Trinity couldn't adjust my fan settings when I had my 12-14 charger, it just made you think so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerrich View Post
    Trinity couldn't adjust my fan settings when I had my 12-14 charger, it just made you think so.
    How so exactly?
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would tell it 180 and it wouldn't change the car....it would still go to oe temps. This was 3-4 years ago maybe its different now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kbr577 View Post
    Just wondering what everyone is doing with fan and coolant temps. I have a 16 scat pack with a 180* t stat a T 2 Trinity, cruising at speed temps are fine 183 to 185, as soon as I stop they go up,209 to 212. The main problem is at the track,in the staging lane the temps go up. my older 09 temps stay the same. I know the trinity says desired temp which I set at 173* but the fans don't even come on while at a crawl. What is everyone else doing to keep temps down?

Thanks
    There is no need to set the fans that low. I have mine set at 195 and 205. The issue at the track is different. You need to have a fan override that will force the fans to run from the accessory position of the ignition so that the fans are running while you are in the staging lanes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Working with Mike on this, we all use are cars a little different, I would like to run cooler all the time.
    Thanks for the input!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netnathan View Post
    Do you have a Diablosport Predator or Intune? You need to go in and adjust the fan setting temps...
    Trinity T-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Working with Mike on this, we all use are cars a little different, I would like to run cooler all the time.
    Thanks for the input!!
    To accomplish what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    To accomplish what?
    I sent him a new tune to try with some other fan changes that aren't normally needed on these cars.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I sent him a new tune to try with some other fan changes that aren't normally needed on these cars.

Thanks
    Should get it in tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should get it in tomorrow.
    Let me know if it helps, I may ask Mike to do the same for me. I'm not a huge fan of 208-210° in traffic either lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk