Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Appcar DiagFCA

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to simply update my TCM. I have a 09 Ram 1500, I recently had to do a Cam and Lifter replacement. After completion, the truck is stuck in reverse. Manually shifting the lever on the side of the transmission doesn't change anything. I talked to a Dodge service tech and he said the TCM needs to be reprogrammed. Is this something that can be done with Appcar? Also is it possible to download the updates from Mopar Tech Authority and reprogram the ECM/TCM?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamed12 View Post
    I want to simply update my TCM. I have a 09 Ram 1500, I recently had to do a Cam and Lifter replacement. After completion, the truck is stuck in reverse. Manually shifting the lever on the side of the transmission doesn't change anything. I talked to a Dodge service tech and he said the TCM needs to be reprogrammed. Is this something that can be done with Appcar? Also is it possible to download the updates from Mopar Tech Authority and reprogram the ECM/TCM?
    No, can't do with Appcar, and definitely not TCM software issue. How could cam swap affect TCM? Broken/pinched wire, bent pin in a connector, forgot to plug in some connector, blown fuse...

Post Thanks / Like
    Question I have...do you need to back to google only, or can you backup to a usb key, ext. drive...etc?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345