Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every so often, I still get notifications for this in my email, and come back to check the thread. I’m glad it is still helping people after so many years.
    05 magnum rt
    83 300TD with waste veggie kit
    92 nighthawk 750.
    burn vegetable oil to work, burn rubber on the weekends!

Post Thanks / Like
    So, about five years ago, I had this same issue with my 2006 Charger and I fixed it using the billet part, but recently I am now having trouble shifting out of park again. Not always, just sometimes. To get out of park, I take a screwdriver and gently nudge the cable and off I go. Could it be the same issue with the billet part? I doubt it but I haven't disassembled the shifter assembly to take a look. Too dang hot in Texas right now to try it. Any suggestions? Sometimes, I keep trying to shift it to the right, and eventually, it gives very smoothly and works fine for days. Then one unlucky day it gets stuck again.
    Last edited by texasrunner; 07-27-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well somehow my 07 which I've had for 11 year missed this pink ailment until this morning, wouldn't come out of park, and I had no idea there was a problem with LX shifters. Ignorance is bliss.

You tube to the rescue, cast Dorman part #924-706 at the Rock for 12 bucks and change.... One problem; its the long labor day weekend rolling in and I can be bothered waiting for the postman to deliver.

All the parts places carry this Dorman part, and some carry Standard Motor part N01-570. Local O'Reilly store had one which I dickered down to 25 bucks. I installed it in about an hour. Not rocket science, just a bunch of stubborn plastic crap all snapped together.

To above poster's wondering why new part sometimes hangs up. I would bet that the shaft said part rides on needs some fresh lubrication. My Dorman part had instructions to lube with white grease, that stuff won't last for ever and also attracts dust. If your shifter assembly was mine as full of grit and dirt after 11 years of use (89K miles), I would give it a shot of Teflon spry with minimal disassembly needed to get that little lube tube down in there. Why Teflon, it dries to non sticky residue, so wont attract fine grit.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Share This Thread