Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    My horn works with or without the key in.

Thanks, Hazman

For Sale: mild steel AIRHAMMER! Brand new, only used for a month. Bought an SRT8, selling it for down payment money. $300 shipped.

Post Thanks / Like
    I intend to replace my horn with something a bit more intimidating than our stockers. I had an offer for a free one that was a direct replacement but it never materialized. It is one of those things that wehn ever I use it, I remember about it, but never when there is mod money.

Anyone have any ideas for a direct replacement that sounds more like a big truck or bus?
    TxSwimDad & the "Mayor of Speed City"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TxSwimDad View Post
    I intend to replace my horn with something a bit more intimidating than our stockers. I had an offer for a free one that was a direct replacement but it never materialized. It is one of those things that wehn ever I use it, I remember about it, but never when there is mod money.

Anyone have any ideas for a direct replacement that sounds more like a big truck or bus?
    Count me in if you find something. I want a tugboat horn or equivalent because I RARELY use the horn when a simple out maneuver-cutoff-brake test will make someone think twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Truth Kid you going to the Shindig in Perry next month? Nice ride.
    "Your talent is God's gift to you, what you do with it is your gift back to Him"

Post Thanks / Like
    I put this one in http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm . I just replace the passenger side horn with this, left the other stock one hooked up. It bolted right in where the stock horn was. Only modification was to run a gound wire from the new horn. Works great and much louder than stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrroscoe View Post
    I put this one in http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm . I just replace the passenger side horn with this, left the other stock one hooked up. It bolted right in where the stock horn was. Only modification was to run a gound wire from the new horn. Works great and much louder than stock.
    Does the sound clip do the horn justice? Sounds a bit high pitched to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
    Truth Kid you going to the Shindig in Perry next month? Nice ride.
    I'm gonna do a quick search to see when it is. 3 hour drive for me, so its feasible to do in a day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Kid View Post
    Does the sound clip do the horn justice? Sounds a bit high pitched to me.
    That is pretty close- it is very similar to all those air horns that are out with the separate air compressor. But it is loud and get the attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrroscoe View Post
    That is pretty close- it is very similar to all those air horns that are out with the separate air compressor. But it is loud and get the attention.
    I suppose I'm not factoring in the ear drum bursting sound of an air horn. Just realized there were plenty of choices further down the page. You may be responsible for a lot of frightened motorists on I-20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUM8R View Post
    The horn on my R/T has been replaced twice under warranty, water inside they say.
    And I live in CA, it rains rarely here!!
    My 300 is the same way, I get it replaced and they work for a while, then one will die etc.
    05 Red Inferno Magnum SXT-Traded
    05 Red Inferno Magnum R/T- Traded
    06 Silver 300C SRT8 RWHP 371 RWTQ 374
    Options I,II Sunroof,Side Curtain AirBags BIG HEMI

Post Thanks / Like
    I Wish My Horn Worked At All

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread