Post Thanks / Like

LX Anyone simultaneously run a MTCM and Tranzformer?

Hey,
    I'm not even sure if these two mods are even talked about anymore, I haven't been on the forums all that much in the past few years.
    I've had a tranzformer installed for the past 6 or 7 years and I love it for its line lock features. Hate it for the fact it can't hold gears in auto stick, it'll always upshift for you.
    That's why I just purchased a MTCM so I have full control over what gear I'm in. I hate the auto upshift feature of a stock TCM.
    Anyone ever run both? I dont want the auto upshift feature and I don't want to loose my line lock feature either.
    I've heard lots of stories about bricking MTCM's and I want no part of that.
    Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have neither and my car holds my gear without auto upshift. I have HP tuners so maybe that's an option in there

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have the Tranzformer and Blue Tops in my NAG1, but the auto upshift feature can be adjusted according to RPM - was it not enough? I haven't changed settings in years so I don't recall what it maxed out at or if it could accommodate valve bodies/tunes with raised RPM limits. Maybe contact ZAuto to see if he can send an update with the option to disable it completely?
    FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
    Mopar // SRT // Pursuit // LMI // Zoomers // Belanger // Diablosport // Hotchkis // PowerGrid Inc // REM // Petty's Garage // AAD // Syncro Design Works // Ridetech // Crank This! Performance-BFNY // Serious Metal Fab // Carbotech // Russell // Sabelt // Rennline // Joelvan // ATI Perf // Earl's // Improved Racing // B&M // AMG // Wavetrac // ZAutoTech // Saleen SMS // Speedhut // Black Cat Custom // WebElectric // Hurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFrankenberry View Post
    I only have the Tranzformer and Blue Tops in my NAG1, but the auto upshift feature can be adjusted according to RPM - was it not enough? I haven't changed settings in years so I don't recall what it maxed out at or if it could accommodate valve bodies/tunes with raised RPM limits. Maybe contact ZAuto to see if he can send an update with the option to disable it completely?
    From all the research I've done over the past few years you can't stop the stock TCM from auto upshifting. I'm tuned with HP as well, I seem to remember there even being an option to disable auto upshift with HP but it doesn't do anything.
    Just to make sure we're all on the same page here, what I mean by auto upshift is the vehicle won't let you bounce off what ever rpm you set your Rev limiter at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    I have neither and my car holds my gear without auto upshift. I have HP tuners so maybe that's an option in there
    So theoretically, you would be able to put the car in second gear, floor it, and watch the vehicle bounce off your Rev limiter and at no point it would shift to third for you?
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KING1307 View Post
    From all the research I've done over the past few years you can't stop the stock TCM from auto upshifting. I'm tuned with HP as well, I seem to remember there even being an option to disable auto upshift with HP but it doesn't do anything.
    Just to make sure we're all on the same page here, what I mean by auto upshift is the vehicle won't let you bounce off what ever rpm you set your Rev limiter at.
    With my Diablosport Predator I can turn off auto upshift.
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    100%. Have even gotten myself in trouble before bc I thought I was in auto mode and tapped it a few x in 2nd gear

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird. Maybe this was just a problem I was having with my TCM. The vehicle is an old police charger, I wouldn't have thought the TCM would have been different but there are so many strange quirks with the car. Doing that AMG paddle shifter mod was next to impossible.
    I've had a couple different shops and some buddies try and disable my auto upshift using diablo years ago and HP in the past few years.
    Wellllll if this MTCM doesn't work, the vehicles up for grabs, first 6 pack takes er.
    Thanks for the info, I suppose I should have no fears running the Tranzformer with the MTCN