Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    That plate has some odd erosion on it, you can see it in two places, dark area.
    Mine had odd corrosion all over the mating surfaces, I just took a light buffing to it before reassembly. As for the screens, well, those are in for a reason. They ain't there for looks that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Three that broke. Need the middle one for sure.

13 Chrysler 300S, 4XX stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4
    E-Force TVS2300, DW 65lb inj. 84 +4 TB
    FORE dual return fuel system, AIT 18% OD pulley, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Getrag 3.73 Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT420V 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

(Whipple Gen 5 3.0 (ordered 4/21/21)) Meth injection, ID 1050X inj. MMX 95mm TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Three that broke. Need the middle one for sure.

Do you? Are the springs behind it the fat ones or the tiny ones? If they're the tiny, then I'd be unconcerned as most of the valve slots have a hole over them anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    Do you? Are the springs behind it the fat ones or the tiny ones? If they're the tiny, then I'd be unconcerned as most of the valve slots have a hole over them anyway
    Smaller weak springs except the one Pulse dampener.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found a donor VB 50.00

Split the halves. So welding two holes shut makes a stock trans bullet proof

Same amount of balls, 4 plastic and 8 steel. I'll compare more after cleaning.

At least this one is in better shape. May get holes tig welded and use it.

Deep erosion in black areas on dings.

I'll clean them up at work and attempt to not break screws.
    Last edited by coanan; 06-09-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    coanan please explain about the welded holes making trans bullet proof. im going thru mine soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    coanan please explain about the welded holes making trans bullet proof. im going thru mine soon.
    Kind of a joke. Dings Valve body. They claimed NAG1 would take all this horse power and survive. That's the only thing I've found to be different from a stock valve body so far.

I'll compare the valves and springs tomorrow when I reassemble mine.

They sure didn't use any transgo stuff in it, I installed that in lower already.

The upper is next when I get the donor cleaned up. It only requires a different spring in one valve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the transgo kit that has the longer spools?
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Wavetrac 215mm Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes. DSS Two Piece Aluminum Tracking Number Received.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Is this the transgo kit that has the longer spools?
    Expand, not a trans guy by trade.

kit with pics

Amazon.com: Transgo (SK722.6) Transgo Shift Kit for 722.6: Automotive

Post Thanks / Like
    Back together for the most part. Had to heat two screws with heat gun and ease them out, the rest were OK..

Waiting on friend to weld up the other plate, if successful I'll use it. It's in better shape

Other wise I'll finish bolting this one up with old plate.

Final analysis. Stock through and through from what I could see and compare, except the two welded holes.

Not a special mystery piece. You think they would have at least used the TransGo kit in combination.

Guessing it would take too long because of the screws potential of breaking.

Added: Chased all the threads and used anti-seize on the screws. Might make the next time easier.
    Last edited by coanan; 06-10-2021 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going off memory so spool was not the correct wording. I assume you may have read the details of the kit. Its not a total shift kit but an improvement or service kit of sorts.
    They have parts that take advantage of unused surfaces.

Anyway, I don't know much about it and watching on in earnest. TransGo | Mercedes 722.6 SHIFT KIT(R) Valve Body Repair Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole idea behind the Dings valve body was to raise clamping pressure not only during the shift but constant after the shift on the clutch packs. I would love to find out what those two holes are for. Thanks for going thru the valve body with your findings. What Trans Go pieces did you install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    I was going off memory so spool was not the correct wording. I assume you may have read the details of the kit. Its not a total shift kit but an improvement or service kit of sorts.
    They have parts that take advantage of unused surfaces.

Anyway, I don't know much about it and watching on in earnest. TransGo | Mercedes 722.6 SHIFT KIT(R) Valve Body Repair Kit
    Agreed, not a full blown shift kit.

Changing springs must have some affect on shifting, figured it couldn't hurt.

I used the sonnax 68942-05K overlap control sleeve kit with it also.

Trying to eliminate any variables since I don't know the history of valve body.

To think I sent my 13000 mile core in for this, should have kept it and sent a 50.00 core in.

The donor valve body seemed in much better shape, valves looked better, some springs appeared a little longer comparing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    The whole idea behind the Dings valve body was to raise clamping pressure not only during the shift but constant after the shift on the clutch packs. I would love to find out what those two holes are for. Thanks for going thru the valve body with your findings. What Trans Go pieces did you install.
    Not sure what the welded holes cover.

Map out the holes on plate in pic to a pic of valve body might get you there.

Thing gives me a headache looking at all valleys

Looks like the one is over the pressure regulator valve. Make sense that it doesn't bleed off pressure or something to that affect.

The other looks like it has something to do with the shift pressure control valve.
    Last edited by coanan; 06-10-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holes welded up on other plate. Need to smooth them out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast