Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts? The guy did a banner kit that comes with the frictions like you said, the rubber seals, the new dipstick tube seal and what not. Steels get reused, retaining rings, basically anything metal.

When I was shopping for mine that I just used during my own rebuild, unless it was a "special made kit" that was threw together by a seller instead of actual kit to buy, it did not come with a new filter. Depending on your guy, may or may not have known and may or may not have sourced one. Clearly some things were missed in detail that are quite important so think what you may.

Oh, and I had a stripped VB retainer bolt too, I'm not too concerned. As long as you get equal clamp and proper torque along the rest I don't think it fully matters.

Oh one more thing, from what I've read, 3-4 slip usually means rebuild time. So you might be looking at another.
    Thanks coanan thanked for this post
    Likes coanan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    My thoughts? The guy did a banner kit that comes with the frictions like you said, the rubber seals, the new dipstick tube seal and what not. Steels get reused, retaining rings, basically anything metal.

When I was shopping for mine that I just used during my own rebuild, unless it was a "special made kit" that was threw together by a seller instead of actual kit to buy, it did not come with a new filter. Depending on your guy, may or may not have known and may or may not have sourced one. Clearly some things were missed in detail that are quite important so think what you may.

Oh, and I had a stripped VB retainer bolt too, I'm not too concerned. As long as you get equal clamp and proper torque along the rest I don't think it fully matters.

Oh one more thing, from what I've read, 3-4 slip usually means rebuild time. So you might be looking at another.
    Hope not.

Felt more like a delay between 3-4. No codes or limp mode.

Thought I'd see darker burnt fluid if trans clutches went.

I'll know when the motor and trans are back together on test drive if I need the rebuild.

Planning ahead though, trying to figure out what parts from the AMG 722.6 are better and that fit.
    13 Chrysler 300S, new build. 6.4 (BGE)4XX stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4
    (Whipple Gen 5 3.0 (ordered 4/21/21)) FORE dual pump return fuel system, Meth injection, ID 1050X inj. MMX 95mm TB

ATI 18% OD Balancer, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI (SRT83380)2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73 aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT420V 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understood when searching around for my rebuild kit, the only difference from "standard" to "SRT or AMG" is different thickness steels and snap rings, and have another one or two extra pairs of steels and frictions in their pack. That was the only difference. No different material or anything special other than that. The only thing that CAN be different is if you go with like Alto branded frictions and whatnot that are apparently more durable but they're about twice as expensive as the banner kit and that's just for the frictions from what I saw.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understood when searching around for my rebuild kit, the only difference from "standard" to "SRT or AMG" is different thickness steels and snap rings, and have another one or two extra pairs of steels and frictions in their pack. That was the only difference. No different material or anything special other than that. The only thing that CAN be different is if you go with like Alto branded frictions and whatnot that are apparently more durable but they're about twice as expensive as the banner kit and that's just for the frictions from what I saw.
    Pretty sure those are the clutches/frictions he showed me and installed, they weren't cheap, that I know. Said it was good for 1000 hp.

I'm just being a little petty about the screws I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Pretty sure those are the clutches/frictions he showed me and installed, they weren't cheap, that I know. Said it was good for 1000 hp.

I'm just being a little petty about the screws I guess.
    Were they like a bright red\burnt orange color all over? Then yes. If not then no

Post Thanks / Like
    Were they like a bright red\burnt orange color all over? Then yes. If not then no
    Looked like this, but larger kit. Think it had steels. Like $800.00

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I catch a break? Hell no. (Dings Valve body)

Taking it apart for cleaning and inspection for the 3-4 shift issue.

Three end plate screws broke on upper valve body. They used Loctite or something on the one end plate only.

After first one I used heat, but two more broke anyway.

Then the trans guy (in sig) did not put the screens in for pressure solenoids when he installed the valve body.

Maybe a MOD, Don't know.
    Last edited by coanan; 06-07-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only mods I can Identify to valve body are two holes welded shut.

I'm installing the Trans Go kit now and the parts I'm removing are stock.

Last edited by coanan; 06-07-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dam! As a machinist and wrench jockey for a long time, Aluminum loves to grab on. Over tighten and it can be hell to pay for removal. Especially if the black oxide finish is used or a compound.
    Can you take that to a machine shop so they can center up on them? I like to flat spot the damage with a small bit on the mill, center drill a dimple and plunge it with one size under a tap drill and go from there.

Dang it the luck...
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Wavetrac 215mm Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes. DSS Two Piece Aluminum Tracking Number Received.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna try getting them drilled. Pretty disappointed with the work of others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was that a Dings valve body. The clutches in the post look like the Alto clutches I used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    Was that a Dings valve body. The clutches in the post look like the Alto clutches I used.
    Yes a Dings. Whoever he has building them isn't doing him any favors.

yes, those are the clutches I was shown and told were going in trans.

If the valve body doesn't fix the 3-4 shift I'll find out in short order if they are in trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    That plate has some odd erosion on it, you can see it in two places, dark area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Think I should worry about the pressure reg solenoids not having a screen there this whole time?
    Last edited by coanan; 06-07-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Gonna try getting them drilled. Pretty disappointed with the work of others.
    Good luck, when I disassembled my VB and inspected all the valves and springs, I had the screw heads snap on a few too. Luckily it was most of the inner ones or ones around lighter springs. I found out that if you use an impact driver and slowly tap-tap-tap the screws loose, it greatly lowers the chance of snap. Even the last time I had it out during my full rebuild I wasn't able to drill or remove studs confidently, I decided to leave it. If you snapped several I'd recommend just getting a junkyard valve body and disassemble it more carefully next time.

Undoing the screws by ratchet wrench or screw driver breaks them too (broke the first one in mine that way), next I tried just using the light duty impact with the 1/4 inch on it, tried a full send not really thinking about it, thought the first screw was a bad fluke, nah broke again. After that it was just the tap tap tap till the corrosion or grey seeming thread seal was loose and they free spun out. Only lost one more after that due to over torque. They're only like 110 INCH pounds, and they're obviously very brittle. So basically just be real careful
    Last edited by Ultimagic5; 06-07-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast