Post Thanks / Like

Is a Nag1 a Nag1? Are they all the same?

Are all Nag1 trannys the same from 2005 and up? including bell housing bolt patterns and length?

I had heard a rumor that the SRT8 Nag1 was a little beefier...true?
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Thanks Ultimagic5 thanked for this post
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Also curious

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have read they are all the same. Except AWD and RWD. Torque converters are different in body styles -engines ect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than a couple of different torque converter offerings, all Chrysler-based NAG1s (New Automatic Gearbox Generation 1) / WA 580 (Wandler-5-Gang-Automatik w/ 580 Newton Meter capacity) offered from 04' through 08' are copies of the Mercedes 722.6 series Mercedes transmissions. Maybach, Porsche and Jaguar are a few of the other marques that employed / employ the same transmission.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 07-12-2020 at 10:13 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Other than a couple of different torque converter offerings, all Chrysler-based NAG1s (New Automatic Gearbox Generation 1) / WA 580 (Wandler-5-Gang-Automatik w/ 580 Newton Meter capacity) offered from 04' through 08' are actually 722.6 series Mercedes transmissions. Maybach, Porsche and Jaguar are a few of the other marques that employed / employ the same transmission.
    So.... then only AWD drives (and jeeps) are different only because of the outer case?
    Will a 6.4L 2014 Nag1 will bolt to a 2006 SRT8? How long was the Nag1 supplied?
    Last edited by netnathan; 07-03-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=netnathan;5174908]So.... then only AWD drives (and jeeps) are different only because of the outer case?
    Will a 6.4L 2014 Nag1 will bolt to a 2006 SRT8? How long was the Nag1 supplied?[/QUOTE

Outer case and for example the Jeep had the same higher stall TC as the SXTs. 2014? Should, I have what has been deemed the very last factory brand new NAG1 available - in the Magnum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read somewhere that Charger Pursuit still uses the NAG1, anyone confirm?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuitlx View Post
    I've read somewhere that Charger Pursuit still uses the NAG1, anyone confirm?
    I remember reading the same in Allpar or such. The Pursuits get a column-mounted shifter rather than console-mountes to free up room for gizmos. From '15-present FCA hasn't adapted the ZF 8-speed for column-mounted Pursuits.

There was a W5A330 lower-torque transmission as well but don't know if/what Daimler-Chrysler used it in.
    FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
    FLOW Legmaker intake, Belanger Tri-Y headers, Zoomers catback, Joelvan's p/s pulley & Russell cooler, 392 front clip // GO 215mm Wavetrac LSD, AMG diff cooler & BlueTops, B&M pan, Tranzformer & NoESP // WHOA RideTech coilovers, Hotchkis sways, PowerGrid endlinks, REM bumpsteer, REM & Petty braces, CTP/BFNY solid cradle bushings, AAD harness bar w/ Sabelt 6pts // SLOW Serious Metal SRT 14.2 front & Pursuit BR9 13.8 rear rotors, Carbotech pads, Russell lines // SHOW WebElectric, Hurst, Billet Tech, RiderGraphix, Performance Pedals
    Thanks pursuitlx thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    06-08 SRT's has a 4 bolt yoke at the tranny and differential I think. Thats the only difference.
    06 Black Mag R/T. Rear wiper delete, trunk handle delete, front and rear aluminum belly pans, Strut grills, Spectre drop in , straight pipes exhaust, 85mm Arrington throttle body, diablo sport Intune, Jet 180, billet catch can, st coilovers,spc adjustable upper control arms, BWoody endlinks, Petty's garage sways, speedlogix 4 point rear strut brace, Pettys garage front strut tower brace, long tubes, 2015 eagle intake, SLP Underdrive pulley, Getrag 3.91-axles/hubs, BMR rear suspension

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Nag1 manual, if someone can tell me how to upload a pdf