Post Thanks / Like

Differential Fluid Consensus

New to the forum (What's up guys and gals) and the brand. I picked up a new '19 Scat Pack Charger around a month ago. I've already done my first oil change and I'm looking at servicing the rear diff at my next oil change just to get break in metal out if it. What is the general consensus as far as the fluid is concerned? The OE stuff seems highly overpriced (I can buy at cost due to shop affiliation). I have used Royal Purple, Redline and Amsoil products with good success in previous vehicles but what do you guys run in your diffs and what has your experience been? Is the friction modified required with aftermarket fluids?

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll get a lot of opinions here. For me, I like RP 75W-140. If I can't find RP, then I go with Valoline. As far as friction modifiers is concerned for the LSD, I've had very good results with the Ford Racing product over some others. BTW, if the fluid states that it contains a friction modifier or it's formulated for LSDs, then you should be fine. These are just data points for you, I sure you'll get plenty of others.
    RichieRevs

Mod List: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...35#post2353135
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Post #43 in another thread today.

Always, follow the recommended specification; in this case 75W90.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks cghorr01 thanked for this post
    Likes cghorr01 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Simon is correct with stock builds... I forgot to mention that I have a custom build all around (except the driveshaft) so my specifications will vary...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Post #43 in another thread today.

Always, follow the recommended specification; in this case 75W90.
    Thanks for the other discussion link, hadn't come across that. I had planned to just run RP 75W-90 without the friction modifier.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cghorr01 View Post
    Thanks for the other discussion link, hadn't come across that. I had planned to just run RP 75W-90 without the friction modifier.

I would put in a half bottle of Trans X, the amount of modifier in the RP is minimal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
    I would put in a half bottle of Trans X, the amount of modifier in the RP is minimal.

In reading I I understood the function of the modifier was just to reduce noise, is that not in fact the case?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cghorr01 View Post
    In reading I I understood the function of the modifier was just to reduce noise, is that not in fact the case?

It allows the clutch plates to slip more easily so when you make a hard turn and both rear wheels must turn at different speeds to complete the turn, you don't get this chattering or groaning noise from the plates, probably also reduces wear on the clutches too.