Post Thanks / Like

Getrag swap axle question

Gathering parts to do a Getrag swap in my 05 Magnum R/T. I've got a 3.06 diff from a 09-14 Challenger and bought new hubs. It looks like the automatic and manual trans axles are different, but they take the same hubs. Does anyone know what the difference is between the auto and manual axles? Can't be the outer CV because they take the same hubs. Is the axle shaft a different size? Or is the inner CV where it goes into the diff a different size between an auto and a manual?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bednar1320; 09-10-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone?
    05 Magnum R/T 2WD 100% stock (for now) Coming soon 6.1 based 424, Getrag swap and who knows what else?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe its the length. The manual axles may be a bit shorter in length. I think
    06 Black Mag R/T. Rear wiper delete, trunk handle delete, front and rear aluminum belly pans, Strut grills, Spectre drop in , straight pipes exhaust, 85mm Arrington throttle body, diablo sport Intune, Jet 180, billet catch can, st coilovers,spc adjustable upper control arms, BWoody endlinks, Petty's garage sways, speedlogix 4 point rear strut brace, Pettys garage front strut tower brace, long tubes, 2015 eagle intake, SLP Underdrive pulley

Post Thanks / Like
    That's strange, can't imagine why they would be shorter. I was thinking that the axle shaft itself are larger on manual cars...….who knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    automatic and manual axles are the exact same for getrags. you're thinking of the 09 manual cars they use the 215mm diff with beefier hub side splines

Sent from my SM-G965U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    BOOM^

BTW 3.91 was the BEST MOD i've done to date
    Likes BM_SRT liked this post