Post Thanks / Like

Removing Autoshift With HPT?

Hey all, fairly new to posting but I've got a question I can't seem to figure an answer for through my googling.
    I'm looking to get rid of the auto upshift and downshift from my NAG1 using HPT.
    From what I understand, you can't disable that feature with HPT, it has to be Diablo.
    If that's the case, I seem to recall someone saying you could use a Diablo for just TCM tuning?
    Or is there any other options for getting that Autoshift feature off my TCM and continue to use HPT?

Thanks for any input!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a MOPAR MTCM. The best $300 I have spent on the car in a long time. It does not have the auto upshift while in autostick and has the hold in gear feature.
    [/SIGPIC]2005 Chrysler 300C SBE, ported big valved heads, Hellcat lifters, SRT 6.1 intake manifold, SRT shorties, custom grind Billy Drakeford cam, SLP LM1, MTCM and GETRAG 3.06 swap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    I just bought a MOPAR MTCM. The best $300 I have spent on the car in a long time. It does not have the auto upshift while in autostick and has the hold in gear feature.
    Ehh thanks for the info. I read up on that MTCM and that sounds like what I might just need to solve my auto-shift issue.
    I read somewhere that it'll throw your tranny into limp mode if you don't shift in time, is that true?
    Also, I'm guessing you use some sort of tuner on-top of the MTCM?
    Sorry for all the questions, I'm really intrigued abouts this MTCM route ������

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KING1307 View Post
    Ehh thanks for the info. I read up on that MTCM and that sounds like what I might just need to solve my auto-shift issue.
    I read somewhere that it'll throw your tranny into limp mode if you don't shift in time, is that true?
    Also, I'm guessing you use some sort of tuner on-top of the MTCM?
    Sorry for all the questions, I'm really intrigued abouts this MTCM route ������
    No that is not correct. Your car will not go into limp mode with the MTCM. It comes with 6k WOT shift points. I have my engine rev limiter set at 6,300 or 6,500. In autostick if you run over the 6,000rpm before you shift it won't care unless you bump against the engine rev limiter, which I have done a few times. And NO do not put a TCM tune over the top of the MTCM or you will defeat the purpose of the MTCM to start with.

Post Thanks / Like
    No that is not correct. Your car will not go into limp mode with the MTCM. It comes with 6k WOT shift points. I have my engine rev limiter set at 6,300 or 6,500. In autostick if you run over the 6,000rpm before you shift it won't care unless you bump against the engine rev limiter, which I have done a few times. And NO do not put a TCM tune over the top of the MTCM or you will defeat the purpose of the MTCM to start with.
    Gotcha, thanks for the info, really appreciate it.
    A couple more things though, when you hit your engine rev limiter in autostick, what happens?
    Also, the only feature I want off this MTCM is the no Auto up-shift, I would have to retune for a 3.92 rear end as well, I'm assuming you can change certain parameters like shift points, shift firmness and differential gear ratios while maintaining the no Auto up-shift feature? ( Using HPT )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KING1307 View Post
    Gotcha, thanks for the info, really appreciate it.
    A couple more things though, when you hit your engine rev limiter in autostick, what happens?
    Also, the only feature I want off this MTCM is the no Auto up-shift, I would have to retune for a 3.92 rear end as well, I'm assuming you can change certain parameters like shift points, shift firmness and differential gear ratios while maintaining the no Auto up-shift feature? ( Using HPT )
    Hitting the rev limiter in auto stick is just that ....bouncing off the rev limiter. She's going to cut spark and fuel till you either let off the throttle or shift to the next gear. And yes you would need to change the gear ratio if needed. Pretty much the only reason I bought my MTCM was so I couple change the ratio when I did my GETRAG swap. FWIW I think the MTCM came set with a 3.92 ratio stock though I can't be for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    My HPTuners Auto shift Tables.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hitting the rev limiter in auto stick is just that ....bouncing off the rev limiter. She's going to cut spark and fuel till you either let off the throttle or shift to the next gear. And yes you would need to change the gear ratio if needed. Pretty much the only reason I bought my MTCM was so I couple change the ratio when I did my GETRAG swap. FWIW I think the MTCM came set with a 3.92 ratio stock though I can't be for sure.
    Awesome, well sounds like I'll be getting a MTCM this winter. Thanks for all the info on that, appreciate it!
    Any idea on why Diablo has this feature and HP doesn't?
    Last edited by KING1307; 08-14-2019 at 01:46 AM.