Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Yes if made to spec. But, you have be careful of where and whom you buy from.

Does anyone believe MOOG is going to accept parts that do not meet specifications? Does anyone believe these parts, or a whole boatload of other parts we have bought regularly for many years that are manufactured throughout Asia...are now somehow an issue? Cause nowadays that (front Company) is what matters, not where it was manufactured.

In this day and age, along with the demographics...this thread is more about (anchoring, conformation) bias...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-14-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes jjo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone needs a safe spaceMoog part now made in China ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Simon my point is getting parts directly from China or eBay or a forum member. Fake cheap parts.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    While Moog does make excellent stuff generally, for front end parts for the LX, I prefer Mevotech. They have lifetime warranty, for their top end line, Mevotech Supreme, and are the only to have spherical bushings on both lower arms at the frame. They also use similar technology to Moog for their ball joints and tie rod ends. Made in China probably, but excellent quality in my opinion. As well, if you buy from a respected dealer like Rock auto, there will never be an issue getting warranty replacements etc. I love Rock auto for that, plus, even with the shipping and tax, they are still cheaper than buying locally.
    Likes jjo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

Does anyone believe MOOG is going to accept parts that do not meet specifications? Does anyone believe these parts, or a whole boatload of other parts we have bought regularly for many years that are manufactured throughout Asia...are now somehow an issue? Cause nowadays that (front Company) is what matters, not where it was manufactured.

In this day and age, along with the demographics...this thread is more about (anchoring, conformation) bias...
    Thanks Hemissary, that's all the confirmation I needed as to Moog build quality after outsourcing to China.

I wasn't sure hence this post/query.

As for the Covid19 cooties joke, that's all it was, a joke.
    No marginalization of minorities simply because I am one of those minorities....
    Peace out !

Likes Ultimagic5, CADYWAGN, Hemissary liked this post

NOTPAID4 is offline "OLD GEEZERS LOVE CARS TOO!!!"
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's about the only thing I don't like about our 15 LXs; 3 of the 15 need front end parts.

Old Geezers LOVE cars too!
    HEMI registry #864
    My Ride

We now have a total of 15LXs and two Rams
    ​We have 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    While Moog does make excellent stuff generally, for front end parts for the LX, I prefer Mevotech. They have lifetime warranty, for their top end line, Mevotech Supreme, and are the only to have spherical bushings on both lower arms at the frame. They also use similar technology to Moog for their ball joints and tie rod ends. Made in China probably, but excellent quality in my opinion. As well, if you buy from a respected dealer like Rock auto, there will never be an issue getting warranty replacements etc. I love Rock auto for that, plus, even with the shipping and tax, they are still cheaper than buying locally.
    Couldn't agree more. Back in 2016 I replaced pretty much all of the front suspension on my 2006 Magnum and noticed most of the manufacturers were warranting their parts out to no more than 3 years, including Moog. The lower control arms cost the most so I went with Mevotech and their lifetime warranty. As if it was timed, I needed to replace my lower control arms after 3.5 years. The warranty exchange through rockauto was fast and painless. In 2016, I paid approx $200 for both lower control arms and they now run $250 for the pair.
    2006 Black Magnum RT AWD - Sidewinder Cam * Ported Heads * Edelbrock Shorty Headers * Cherry Bomb Vortex Cat Back * SLP Dual-Wall tips * Volant CAI * Diablo Trinity * Johan Tune * KW V2 * 2013 Dodge Charger 19" AWD Wheels *

2010 Black Jeep Commander Limited
    Likes Rockhound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    COVID 19 - Why You Must Act Now (or should - have weeks and weeks ago when it would have saved thousands of lives because of WH ignorance and marginalization).
    I have to disagree with your characterization of the current administration. A public health emergency was declared on January 27, 2020, six weeks prior to the linked article.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12