Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

All Over the Place Deciding on Tires

All Over the Place Deciding on Tires I would enjoy your words between these if you run or have ran them.

2013 R/T Plus RWD
    245/45/R20 Factory Chrome Clads
    Decisions Decisions?

I'm looking at:
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
    Michelin Primacy MXM4
    Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve run both the primacy and pilot super sports on one of my cars (Acura rsx) and there is no comparison, the super sports were world better for handling, traction and comfort. This is in SoCal dry weather through spirited canyon runs. I expected the primacys to be more comfortable but it wasn’t the case, and they were vague and squealed through fast turns. The super sports gripped so well and were very confidence inspiring through the same turns. I know it’s not a charger but if I had to pick between the two for my MSRT I’d get the pilot sports (which I think are the newer versions of the super sports?)
    Thanks gapi thanked for this post
    Likes Tikibeast, gapi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever since I tried the Conti DWS I've been hooked (in all 4 seasons)
    Likes Tikibeast, gapi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree on the Continental DWS06.

Ran them on my SRT Charger.

Now, on my Hellcat Charger.

Love them!

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes Tikibeast, HemiLonestar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    Totally agree on the Continental DWS06.

Ran them on my SRT Charger.

Now, on my Hellcat Charger.

Love them!

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    How well do they do with that much power? What size did you go with?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Just running stock size.

275/40/20

It's just dumb that they didn't do with a 315, in the back. Supposedly, that helps, but not much. I can break the back end loose at any speed. LOL.

Saving up for FR 10.5, or 11" rears, so I can go 305, or 315.

Prolly 315. Just need to figure out the correct offset for an 11" wheel. Don't want to run spacers...

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I run them on my Hellcat and the wife's RT Magnum.

Granted I'm in socal, but even with the 3 weeks of rain we just had, they performed better than the pzero, nitto, good year, perelli, that I've run, so far.

Dry, they're amazing... and a 50k Mike tire, so if you burn through them before 50k, they will prorate the cost.

A member just saved like $300, off a full set, because of this...

Bob

crucian is offline Got my title! Now the modding can begin
    Post Thanks / Like
    My vote is for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ I run them on my Magnum SXT, I cruise and the comfort and noise level when at highway speeds is superb. I love 'em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelin Primacy MXM4
    In THIS application these tires suck. Car is too heavy, too much power, & too tail happy.
    No idea on the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see, but I was under the impression the R/T's if not others were almost 50/50 weight distribution? But I can see how the RWD can be happy back there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rt charger is 53/47 front to rear weight distribution, pretty good but it’s still putting all of its hp to the rear wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post

I'm looking at:
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
    Michelin Primacy MXM4
    Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

Agree with an earlier post, the Michelin Pilot Super Sports (now Pilot Sport 4s) are fantastic but in N. Ga you might not get away with a pure summer tire. Since my wife wanted to be able to drive more than summer months her car has the Pilot Sports A/S 3+ tires. They are quiet and perform well. On her car they are easily better than the MXM4 she had previously.

Michelin's Driving Experience: Primacy RELAXING PRECISION, Pilot Sport EXHILARATION

They are different targets in the tire line.
    Last edited by Shelby; 04-04-2019 at 07:56 AM.
    Enjoy life- you only get one!!
    Likes gapi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't experienced any of these tires yet but got to ride in a 2014 R/T on General G-MAX AS-05's with over 30k miles and was impressed. Normally a Michelin fan I run LTX MS2 on my truck, and as stated Premier A/S on the Charger in 18", and tire noise and balance capabilities are are as much a priority as all the handling scenarios, but going to 20" now I want to keep open to other brands.
    So I never even considered General, didn't know they were a Continental made tire, and when I walked up to my buds R/T I naturally looked to see what he was on.
    He can be a critical as myself and he loves them. Leaving the house I know the roads and they were at minimal as good as my Premier's with less mileage. Very quiet and smooth and handle BETTER. The Premier's are a touring tire though.

So even more all over the place now. And the price is nice. When I do choose I will comment and show here.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Michelin's PS4S....I think that's what I'm going for when Goodyear's wear out that came with my RT

Post Thanks / Like
    When I switched to the Michelin Pilot Super Sports I was skeptical they would be worth the extra cost. The performance of the tire across a wide range of conditions has converted me to a believer. My next tires will be the Pilot Sport 4S no doubt since the Magnum does not get much time in the cold/snow/ice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast