Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I installed General G-MAX AS-05's yesterday. I drive spirited, not so much in the twisty stuff but more than the Michelin Premier A/S Touring rubber is suited for.

Reviews can drive one crazy, but I sifted through them and came out choosing the Generals.

Tire Rack review listings on the (245/45/20) provided filters to see Dodge car owners containing several Chargers liking them.
    Tire Rack video test favored them a little over the Cooper. (No Pilots in the comparison)
    I like the wider or flatter contact patch.
    I like the rim protection attempt.
    45 Day trial.
    $70.00 Rebate.

Drove them more today and last night and no longer fear loosing comfort going from 18 to 20 inch wheels. The Michelin Premier A/S is a touring tire and I expected the G-MAX to be rougher but it's not. Its also quieter going over imperfections but no louder or silent at cruise.
    I'm trying to figure out how I can loose body roll and still be as comfortable as with the Michelin's. There is a round about I have to use coming and going home and I noticed this immediately.

This may not be the same for comparing any Ultra Perf A/S against a touring tire but on long high speed flat sweepers near me these tires are precise compared to the Michelin Premier A/S needing to be constantly corrected as in pulling the wheel a little harder and harder throughout the same turn at the same speed. These Generals are set it and forget it on this route.

Discount Tire, a new store here, told me they were getting good feedback on these. I purchased over the phone and picked them up with my truck, no rattle guns for my lugs and wheels. At pickup he was impressed with the low road force numbers and no weights over 2oz. I took her up to 130 for a few seconds and buttery smooth.

Normally a Michelin Tire guy I figured withthe trial periods I will try something new, for less cash, and can always revert. So far I'm pretty pleased.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    I run them on my Hellcat and the wife's RT Magnum.

Granted I'm in socal, but even with the 3 weeks of rain we just had, they performed better than the pzero, nitto, good year, perelli, that I've run, so far.

Dry, they're amazing... and a 50k Mike tire, so if you burn through them before 50k, they will prorate the cost.

A member just saved like $300, off a full set, because of this...

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I may have to check those out next round, I ran the DW summer tire on the wife Jetta and loved them so I put them on the Magnum and it's a totally different experience. That could be my fault as I went with a lower profile in attempt to sharpen up my steering response, but they just didn't do the job for me.

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    I installed General G-MAX AS-05's yesterday. I drive spirited, not so much in the twisty stuff but more than the Michelin Premier A/S Touring rubber is suited for.

Reviews can drive one crazy, but I sifted through them and came out choosing the Generals.

Tire Rack review listings on the (245/45/20) provided filters to see Dodge car owners containing several Chargers liking them.
    Tire Rack video test favored them a little over the Cooper. (No Pilots in the comparison)
    I like the wider or flatter contact patch.
    I like the rim protection attempt.
    45 Day trial.
    $70.00 Rebate.

Drove them more today and last night and no longer fear loosing comfort going from 18 to 20 inch wheels. The Michelin Premier A/S is a touring tire and I expected the G-MAX to be rougher but it's not. Its also quieter going over imperfections but no louder or silent at cruise.
    I'm trying to figure out how I can loose body roll and still be as comfortable as with the Michelin's. There is a round about I have to use coming and going home and I noticed this immediately.

This may not be the same for comparing any Ultra Perf A/S against a touring tire but on long high speed flat sweepers near me these tires are precise compared to the Michelin Premier A/S needing to be constantly corrected as in pulling the wheel a little harder and harder throughout the same turn at the same speed. These Generals are set it and forget it on this route.

Discount Tire, a new store here, told me they were getting good feedback on these. I purchased over the phone and picked them up with my truck, no rattle guns for my lugs and wheels. At pickup he was impressed with the low road force numbers and no weights over 2oz. I took her up to 130 for a few seconds and buttery smooth.

Normally a Michelin Tire guy I figured withthe trial periods I will try something new, for less cash, and can always revert. So far I'm pretty pleased.

Try BC coilovers to reduce body roll greatly and upgraded sway bars. I also am running the general as-05 but plan on running 285/35/20 General G-Max RS in the summer....
    ** 2006 300C SRT8 ** 426 fully forged Stroker 500 RWHP **Comp custom ground cam huge **4" 1 pc Driveshaft shop DS **Wavetrac 3.55 Diff **Paramount axles**Builder Bill Trans ** Viper 2900 Stall **BC Racing Coilovers **Drakes Strut Brace FT **Mopar Strut Brace R **Injen Powerflow CAI **Underdrive Pulley **Brembo 4 piston all around **American Racing SS Headers **American Racing SS catless mids **Corsa catback system **Professional Dyno Tune **BWoody sway bar links **Mishimoto Radiator ** Mishimoto/HPS Red silicone hoses **BBK 90mm TB **Ported Heads & Intake ground to match TB **

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the General G-Max RS great tires for a better price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I was just saying how could these tires take out notable body roll and still be as comfortable as the premiere's.
    I put Bilstein's on her awhile back.
    Lowering is not my bag. I'm pretty content right now.
    I went to 20's so I can install the BR9 brake upgrades I have on the bench. Rotors arrive Thursday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12