Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Finding wheels for these cars is a pita!

Never thought I would get this frustrated looking for wheels for my 300c! I had some 9/10x20 wheels but the virtual chrome finish had zero quality control so they got returned! Decided I wanted to go ahead and go to a 10.5" rear wheel or maybe even an 11" and it has been nothing but frustration! I can't believe how many sellers want to sell 114.3 bolt pattern for 300 owners! Yes I know there are the Hellcat wheels but I've never been a big fan of any of the stock wheels designs. So far I've only found Centerline and Asanti's that I can even get in a 10.5" 5x115 unless I guess I want to go custom which isn't happening!! With all the lx cars on the road you wouldn't think it would be that damn tough to find staggered 5x115 wheels! This is turning into a tougher job than finding high offset wheels for my old lowered Dakota and that was a pita especially since it has 6 lugs for some stupid reason! BTW I do not like black/bronze wheels which makes for even more frustration. Guess I now understand why so many run reproduction wheels on these cars! Sorry just needed to vent!

Post Thanks / Like

Finding wheels for these cars is a pita!

I’ve been running 114.3’s for well over a year now , on and off the drag strip. Never had an issue.
    Have also taken a micrometer to the studs(diameter)and taken measurements of the gage(distance between studs) on all four hubs to show the tolerances allowed. Some studs measured 13.8 some 14.1 the gages were off by greater margins as well. To think a .35mm deflection on each stud would affect anything imo is silly. Now I’m lot saying you “should” run them, because that upsets people. But there’s the information that you can do what you will with.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ronan978; 02-07-2019 at 01:44 AM.
    Thanks punisher69 thanked for this post
    Likes PlumCrazyTN, 89OPLX, TEDDYSRT, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    He's not the only one that runs 114.3's either. Offset and backspacing is a bigger deciding factor than 115 over 114.3

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes 89OPLX, TEDDYSRT, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you convert 5x114.3 & 5x115.5 to inches it's 5x4.5 to 5x4.52... really not much.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 02-06-2019 at 11:28 PM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know its not much but its not right and as many cars on the road with this bolt pattern it shouldn't be this hard to find the correct bolt pattern and I didn't mention the offset but when you throw that in it adds to the frustration! Throw in that almost all will not have the correct hub bore size and will also need more than likely plastic concentric rings. I know on my Dakota I tried numerous times to find the correct concentric rings and never could get them to work. To each their own and in the end I may give up and run 114.3 as my last resort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying finding wheels with offsets for a Wide body that don't cost 4k or more... lol
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need hub rings, especially plastic ones. Our wheels are lug centric not hub centric. That 60° seat centers the wheels when you tighten down the lug nuts, so hub bore isn't an issue (as long as it's not too small).

The difference between 114.3 and 115 is .027 inches. There's more tolerance than that bored into the lug holes. It's that same as using a 1/2" socket when you should be using a 13mm, they fit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You don't need hub rings, especially plastic ones. Our wheels are lug centric not hub centric. That 60° seat centers the wheels when you tighten down the lug nuts, so hub bore isn't an issue (as long as it's not too small).The difference between 114.3 and 115 is .027 inches. There's more tolerance than that bored into the lug holes. It's that same as using a 1/2" socket when you should be using a 13mm, they fit.Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Hub rings do help with mounting them thou. Just makes its a little easier lining it up is all. I'm running Plastic Center Rings with 5x114.3 Wheels. After I bought my Bumper and Hood and waited for so long with the old owner of Charged Motorworks. The new owner made things right and sponsored a Wide body Flares and Spoiler for my SEMA Build. So I wasn't planning on doing a Wide Body set up and wasn't budgeted for it either. So I scrambled to find a Sponsorship for Wheels. In a 5x115 with custom offsets. Best I could do was 50%. Which was crazy good, but when wheels cost 5k. Still didn't have 2.5k to spend on wheels. This forced me to find cheaper wheels and started looking in the 5x114.3 sizes. I used a few online calculators and was able to find a common size and offset used for aftermarket trucks. The fitment for my set up is near perfect. 5x114.3 Fronts 20x10 -25 and Rears 20x12 -44.. NO SPACERS TOO. Been running these wheels since Oct. with no issues.. I've had it up to 110mph no shakes. I get a little crap for running truck wheels some times, but overall most like the set up. At $200 a wheel, it's hard to beat, but I was Sponsored. Which makes it even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    You actually just made my point and you don't realize it. There is a reason the factory wheels have hub bores that fit the hubs. I would prefer the weight of the vehicle be supported by the hub and lugs. I know from experience problems associated with not running concentric rings even though you supposedly don't need them. I'm not going to argue over fhis. I never said you couldn't do 114.3 on these cars. Doing something because you can doesn't make it right and that goes for many things. I know the differenes between these bolt patterns offsets and hub bores and I have said I may eventually give in and do 114.3 even though I don't want to.
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops guess I should have done a quote!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigslue View Post
    You actually just made my point and you don't realize it. There is a reason the factory wheels have hub bores that fit the hubs. I would prefer the weight of the vehicle be supported by the hub and lugs. I know from experience problems associated with not running concentric rings even though you supposedly don't need them. I'm not going to argue over fhis. I never said you couldn't do 114.3 on these cars. Doing something because you can doesn't make it right and that goes for many things. I know the differenes between these bolt patterns offsets and hub bores and I have said I may eventually give in and do 114.3 even though I don't want to.
    Just give in already...lol, You will find it much easy to find a set of wheels your happy. I think the Cheaper Cast Wheels, there is plenty of tolerance for the difference. Higher end machined wheels might have a tighter tolerance. I still can't see it being an issue. Talking a tolerance of half the thickness of pencil lead. .35mm...

Post Thanks / Like
    Your lx will never ever ever ever ever sit with it’s weight on its hubs .......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Look into Rohanna wheels i used to run 22x11 in the rear and they make 5x115 offset.

Also konig wheels? Bravado line is what i currently have and they offer 11’s too

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a fan of oem wheels, especially on the 300 so I had mine widened. You can widen to 10", run a 315 tire and still be flush or even slightly tucked in the fender. I know you mentioned you don't like oem wheels but if you found any one that was ever made for a 300, charger, challenger or magnum in the past 14 years, you at least have the freedom to widen to 10" or more, even if you start with an 8" wheel.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Likes run2jeepn, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trippytro View Post
    Look into Rohanna wheels i used to run 22x11 in the rear and they make 5x115 offset.

Also konig wheels? Bravado line is what i currently have and they offer 11’s too
    Yep I know about Rohanna and the others but don't want to spend that much and their wheels I've seen really don't turn my crank. As I said one of the other frustrating things is color of wheels, I really dislike black , don't care for the bronze and all the other colors that are all the rage these days. More of an old school chrome, silver and polished but polished to much a pita! I will say I've seen zome azad az23 and concept one's csm5 and a few others that causing me to reconsider my ethics😁. Using my damn phone on break for this, also hate using a phone for this ****! Once again old school, fingers and eyes not what they use to be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast