Post Thanks / Like

What tires do you run on your S/P Challenger?

I bought my 2016 Scat Pack Challenger used with 8k miles and the stock Goodyear Eagle RS/As still have decent meat on them, but I am not liking them at all...if the road is wet at all and you step on the gas too hard in 2nd or 3rd, the back end goes sideways. Being a big heavy chassis it straightens right out when you get off the throttle, but not what you want to happen in traffic. I caught some wet leaves as I made the right onto main street this weekend, spun the sh*t out of the tires. I thought traction control was supposed to pull timing when it sensed wheel spin, but either that's not how it works or it's not working. I had a set of Michelin Premier A/S on my GTP and even with FWD it was hard to break the them loose. How many miles did you get out of your stock Goodyears and what did you replace them with?
    2005 Magnum R/T *sold* Now:2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5 Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to be a smart ass, but there are literally HUNDREDS of tire threads on here...especially in this case, the search feature is your best friend.

This thread will end up 15+ pages long, with each offering their own opinion on which tire is best. Keep in mind, opinions are like butt holes....everyone has one.

Your budget is the largest consideration where tires are concerned. There are some good tires in every price range. Generally (there ARE a few exceptions) you get what you pay for. A $50 tire obviously won't be as good as a $400+ tire, but there are MANY affordable, good tires to be had.

Weather is another thing to consider. If you live in Florida, you could get away with summer tires all year....if you live in Maine, you can't. You'd actually fair better off there with 2 sets, one for summer and a dedicated set of winter wheels/ tires.

No single person on this (or any other forum for that matter) can tell YOU what's the best tire for you. They can tell you what's best for them (or in their opinion) but that's it. Period.

The only thing we can agree about on here is that the factory Goodyears SUCK!! LOL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes miket2016, 11R/TnBLK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Spend the Money. Buy once, Cry once.
    Everyone has an opinion on tires for thier HEMI.
    I've been through 3 brands...GOODYEARS (WORST) BFG's. ( as soon as they offer a larger size than 275, I'd go back) NITTO (Show car stuff, not for serious Drivers).by far the best CONTINENTAL Extreme Pro Contact.Go wider on the rears. JMHO

Sent from my LG-M150 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    M11/ 392

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see by my location, I live on Long Island, which is in NY State. I am looking for good hi-performance all-season tires. The top rated tires on the Tire Rack are the Michelin Pilot Sport AS and the Continental Extreme pro contact. I'm not buying another set of rims to run summer/winter tires. All of the top-rated tires are about the same in the $250/each range.I'm not looking for anyone to tell me what tire is best for me or what tires I should buy, I asked TWO SIMPLE QUESTIONS : 1. How many miles did you get out of the factory Goodyears before you tossed them and 2. What did you replace them with?

Post Thanks / Like
    atturos

Post Thanks / Like
    12,775 miles. Rotated every oil change.
    Switched to BFG G- Force Sport Comp 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by burbman View Post
    As you can see by my location, I live on Long Island, which is in NY State. I am looking for good hi-performance all-season tires. The top rated tires on the Tire Rack are the Michelin Pilot Sport AS and the Continental Extreme pro contact. I'm not buying another set of rims to run summer/winter tires. All of the top-rated tires are about the same in the $250/each range.I'm not looking for anyone to tell me what tire is best for me or what tires I should buy, I asked TWO SIMPLE QUESTIONS : 1. How many miles did you get out of the factory Goodyears before you tossed them and 2. What did you replace them with?
    I live on LI as well. I run drag radials from April until right about now. I like the 555r(305/45/18) and the mickey ss for DD, although proxes 888r will be my next shoe. For winter I’ve been using the oem Goodyear’s , but those are now gone so I’m thinking conti dws for the cold. I also will be running the contis up front(245/55/18)I also run 18’s because of our extremely well taken care of roads here[sarcasm]. Not to mention the benefit of less weight and sidewall for the rears(traction). My advice is stay away from cheap tires..... if I weren’t running dr’s in the summer , I’d run either toyo proxes t1 sports(mid price and a 200 treadwear)or Michelin ps4(s)[high price]. Again , you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks miket2016 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What tires do you run on your S/P Challenger?

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerrich View Post
    atturos
    Worst tire out there tenfold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    BFG g force comp 2 AS is the tire I'm considering. Seems to be one of the best all around All Season tires but may be a little noisy?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know where Long Island is, my ex is from there lol. I'm not in the habit of looking up locations before I post my replies. There's a ton of people who don't have one listed.

Lol, I took my Goodyears off before they hit 5k miles. They had plenty of tread left, they just sucked.

I went to Atturos next, had a problem with one of them, went to Indy 500's, and then to Nitto NT05s on the rear.

Now (and this drives Ronan up a wall) I'm back on the the Atturos. They grip pretty well, if they don't split, the tread lasts a while and I can buy 2.5 sets for what the Michelins cost for 1 set.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate the responses guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    When my Pirellis go down, either be Nitto 555g or Continental Extreme
    2018 Indigo Blue 392 Daytona

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody know if I can run 275's instead of 245's on the stock rims?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody know if I can run 275's instead of 245's on the stock rims?
    Yep.. Its std.practice.What tires do you run on your S/P Challenger?