Thread: Torque specs

Post Thanks / Like

Torque specs

I've been searching and can't find anything on this. Only a possible answer to my question and it's very frustrating. So I'm looking for a reference to the torque specs for the 6.1L HEMI intake manifold bolts as well as the ones underneath the manifold. I'm looking wanting to clean up the intake while the injectors are being sent off. Best I can find is 105-124 in.lbs for the 10 bolts that bolt it to the heads, not absolutely sure on this. I'd love to find a service manual or something to be able to look this stuff up in the future when the need arises. I'm also looking for the sp can for the 15-16, I forgot how many, bolts that bolt the plate underneath to the intake manifold itself. Sorry if its been posted, but I can't seem to find it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone on here has the luxury of downloading...
    Factory Service Manuals 1
    Factory Service Manuals 2

...and actually look the torque specs up.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 07-13-2021 at 10:09 PM.
    Thanks Andyvr2 thanked for this post
    Likes Andyvr2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So I've gone through the intake manifold section and it doesn't say anything about torque specs on the small plate in the bottom of the manifold. Do you know where I can find this info? The second link doesn't work for me on my phone or laptop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look under 6.1 engine removal / assembly. The plenum plate is not normally removed - no spec (nor needed really).

Both links are functional; push past the nanny...

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, will do in the morning. Thanks again for the help. I hate having to ask. Is this by any chance the big green Chilton's manual? I was looking into try to buy it to have a physical copy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyvr2 View Post
    Alright, will do in the morning. Thanks again for the help. I hate having to ask. Is this by any chance the big green Chilton's manual? I was looking into try to buy it to have a physical copy.

What you're accessing are the actual DC / FCA Factory Service Manuals. Compared to what we have access to here, Chilton falls on its face...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 07-14-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    DM / FCA Factory Manuals. Compared to what we have access to here, Chilton falls on its face...
    (To the OP) - As is pretty much the case with any factory manuals vs. Chiltons. If you want to own a physical copy of the manuals they'll cost you a small fortune, but they're worth it if you are doing any serious DIY repairs. The aftermarket manuals can't even come close.

Sometimes you can find used sets of the factory manuals for sale on the forums or ebay, etc. at decent prices. Still gonna be a few hundred bucks. With that in mind, the online copies linked here work for most folks.

Also that plate with no specs on the torque, "snug" will likely be good enough, but you could also follow the torque-by-fastener spec charts found all over the web as a general rule of thumb.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Thanks Andyvr2 thanked for this post
    Likes Andyvr2 liked this post