Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Blew up My Transmission

So i blew my transmission up on my 2016 Challenger Scatpack. And was wondering if 2016 Charger RT automatic 8HP70 transmission would fit directly without any modifications or any problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't bother trying, they have different part numbers, I know someone local who is selling a 6.4 8hp70 for $700, dm me and ill send over the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes , the 5.7 HP70 is exactly the same as the 6.4 . only thing different is the converter and shift programming so you would need a TCM tune . what happened to your trans ? it’s unusual to ‘blow up’. an HP trans . normally the clutch slippage is the first sign of a problem .
    Last edited by MXS67454; 09-14-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MXS67454 View Post
    Yes , the 5.7 HP70 is exactly the same as the 6.4 . only thing different is the converter and shift programming so you would need a TCM tune . what happened to your trans ? it’s unusual to ‘blow up’. an HP trans . normally the clutch slippage is the first sign of a problem .
    Its my fault, i was lining up next to someone doing 20 roll so i shift my gear to Neutral and revved my car to make it pop and shoots flames (i got Pcm and Tcm tune) and then he took off while i was revving so I shifted to Drive and smashed it, car shifted it self to 6, i tried to downshift real quick, it downshifted with sudden brake (by itself) i tried to shift it to neutral and shift it back to drive but it won’t move its like its on neutral it revs but it won’t move. I can put it on reverse and it moves without any issues. I tried the emergency thing next to the shifter and unplug the battery, pulled transmission fues and put it back but it won’t move on drive.I smelled a clutch smell like burning clutch, there was no smoke or leak just the smell. I know i was stupid doing all that but I think i learned My lesson.