Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroassblaster View Post
    I thought that was what you had asked for? If not i will get more pictures.

when they made me they broke the mold, and beat the piss outta the mold maker....
    The pics were great - they just confirm the top of the valve stem is barely protruding above the retainer. That configuration is simply a no-go.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way, without the specific tool, to check the degree of the lock and retainer? Also, earlier i checked with a friend that bought the same set of springs for his LS build. Same part number from Comp. They are within a fraction of mine. Retainers as well. I know these are popular spring sets with Hemi guys, just cant figure out the problem with mine. But i wont buy another set until i figure this out. Aggravates me to death

when they made me they broke the mold, and beat the piss outta the mold maker....
    You just started reading the sentence you just finished reading...

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if the stem was .020 longer-that is still way too short. Get one stock 6.1 retainer and mock it up. This is a interesting problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way, without the specific tool, to check the degree of the lock and retainer? Also, earlier i checked with a friend that bought the same set of springs for his LS build. Same part number from Comp. They are within a fraction of mine. Retainers as well. I know these are popular spring sets with Hemi guys, just cant figure out the problem with mine. But i wont buy another set until i figure this out. Aggravates me to death

Why are you concerned about the keeper / retainer well angle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    Even if the stem was .020 longer-that is still way too short. Get one stock 6.1 retainer and mock it up. This is a interesting problem.
    Ive got a stock spring set and valves ordered. I can always use the springs on a 5.7 so its no a total waste. Yeah its more aggravating than interesting. I was gonna put this engine in my Mag 2 weeks ago and its holding me up. This set ne back on purchasing another ECM when i wanted. When it rains..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

Why are you concerned about the keeper / retainer well angle?
    Just curious. I know theres a tool that does it, but didnt know if there were other ways to tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious. I know theres a tool that does it, but didnt know if there were other ways to tell.

‚ÄčThat is not an issue here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12