Post Thanks / Like

Coolant temp rising but not overheating.

So recently (ie in the last year) I'v replace the radiator, cooling fans, 180 thermostat and water pump due to a rising temp gauge but never overheated. With that being said the engine, when at idle, runs right about 195-200 degrees with the A/C is on at the hotest point of the day. Then when driving temp will run up to approx 224-226 when driving at hw speeds. No coolant in the oil and no visual leaks. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
    2006 300C SRT8, Mopar cold air intake, Magnaflow shorty headers, cats and exhaust. KW Variant 2 suspension, Pioneer head unit, 10" Infinity sub with custom built box in the trunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    What temps (low, medium, high) do you have the engine cooling fans kicking in? In all three of my Hemi's, I run 190* stats, and have the fans set to come on at: Low=200*; medium=205*; high-210*. The highest I've ever seen any of them is 214*, even in ambient temps over 100* with the A/C on high.
    06 300CSRT8, cammed only so far, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    What thermostat is it? It may be not opening all the way and only shows up at high speed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check for a mushy lower rad hose.. Replace and add a spring to keep it from happening again.

Post Thanks / Like

Coolant temp rising but not overheating.

That’s not overheating. What is the highest it has gotten too? 226 is very normal. If you don’t tune the car for the 180 thermostat it will run the stock temps.
    How are you seeing these temps on an 06? The evic displays oil temp not coolant. I run an actual water temp gauge in my car and it drives (in Arizona summers) around 220. Higher with some pulls.
    If it is actually spiking higher, pull the thermostat and boil it in water and make sure it opens 100%. Easy thing first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Newoldchallenger; 07-12-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    No tuner installed at this point so I can't control fan temp actuation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea i thought of that and replaced it twice. Then i ran it w/o a thermostat for a cou;ple of days with same result.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom hose is good and has the spring in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing the hold the 2 inside lower steering wheel control buttons down for approx 10 seconds allows the vehicle to go into a kinda vehicle info screen. From there you can see numerous things that are not available in the EVIC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having the same issues you are. I don't remember what my fan temps are set at, but mine normally runs between 190-196 when idling or it's cool out. When it's hot out and I'm cruising it runs at 208-218. My guess is that the thermostat isn't opening up all the way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue and it was the thermostat.
    2012 300 SRT8: 22" Vossen wheels, Nitto 420 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust, Tuned by Hemifever, Mishimoto 180° stat, Legmaker Tru CAI, Billet tech Oil Catch can.

I am silently correcting you're gramar and speling.