Post Thanks / Like

What tune to go with for my 6.4

I have a 2018 scatpack challenger. All I have is a hellcat full air box and mid muffler delete. I do not plan on doing anything else really due to wanting to do a 6.2 transplant down the road. My question is what is the best tune to run on this setup and do I need to replace the ecu or can I get it cracked?
    Semper Fi!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivey_usmc View Post
    I have a 2018 scatpack challenger. All I have is a hellcat full air box and mid muffler delete. I do not plan on doing anything else really due to wanting to do a 6.2 transplant down the road. My question is what is the best tune to run on this setup and do I need to replace the ecu or can I get it cracked?
    You'll need an unlocked ECU whether you go with HP or DiabloSport. You can buy one from someone here and send it to DiabloSport to get your VIN reassigned to it (I think that's $100) or just buy one from DS, which I think is more like $800ish.

Which tuner you go with depends on personal choice. HP let's you adjust things yourself, so if you're knowledgeable is a better route.

DiabloSport is a tad more user friendly (at least to me, because I don't know squat about tuning fuel injection). You can run the canned tunes or have an email tune from Jay Greene, Diablotuna, Hemifever, etc.

Then, there's always the Livernois option. Everyone else has their prices online and easy to see what you're spending. Livernois requires you to call them before you know how deep you're going to get into your pocket.

Either way, you're looking at $1000- $1500 between the PCM, tuner and tune (should you get an emailed one). You'll gain 20-30hp (depending) by tuning.
    Last edited by punisher69; 05-17-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Thanks Ivey_usmc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no clue what happened on that formatting. It's never done that before lol. Sorry if it's hard to read.

Edit: Fixed it. Evidently everything behind "sent from" goes into the stupid tiny text

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah if your not planning on doing much just one of the Diablosports is your best bet. Along with an unlocked pcm
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Killer Glass - BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brass Monkey Hellcat Reps - KW Adjustable Springs - Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood

Post Thanks / Like
    What punisher said only thing I have to add is go with custom tune, I recommend Jay Greene racing. Reason being he will give you free retunes with minor upgrades, intake headers etc.. that being said there is a limit no retuned for cams superchargers. But he literally has shot me a retune at 8pm on a Sunday..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Ivey_usmc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What tune to go with for my 6.4

Get an unlocked pcm used (2-300$) have it vinned like punisher said (100$), get a cheap used diablo i2 or trinity t1000(1-200$). Have a reputable hemi tuner tune it on the dyno with afr. Hands down the very best tune you will get. Period. No email tuner is going to actually see the curve your car is making. At the high end your into it for 1300$ and you build a relationship with a tuner who will really know your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Ivey_usmc thanked for this post
    Likes Ivey_usmc, punisher69 liked this post