Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Help build it!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Help build it!

    My 07 Charger SRT8 just rolled over 140k and is still going strong! BUT I want more power!

    Current mods:
    Kooks LT’s
    Kooks mids w/ cats
    Borla catback
    BBK 85 mm TB
    AFE intake
    Tranzformer
    Custom tune
    Plus all chassis parts are updated

    My goal is 600 rwhp or more if the budget is there. Open to different idea to get there and vendor/option recommendations.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eric_uscg; 03-13-2019 at 10:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    2,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whipple & E85
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Corsa Sport Catback - Killer Glass
    BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling with lots of West Coast Fasteners Titanium Bolts & Washers
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brushed Copper Demon Reps by Factory Reproductions - KW Adjustable Springs
    Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood
    ZL1 Wicker Bill - APR Carbon Front Splitter

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Camd and heads


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Camd and heads


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    In your opinion, what head and cam would you go with.

    I’ve been looking at the HHP stage 2 head and cam with all of the supporting mods. If their numbers are right that should get me just under 500 hp.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UpInSmoke View Post
    Whipple & E85
    Do you think I would be pushing the limits of a stock top and bottom end engine with 140k miles on it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's a lot of work and expense to perform on an engine with that kind of mileage. That's my opinion, regardless of the fact I have a real nice, 600ish hp, 6.1 stroker engine that was built by BES Racing / HHP. It was a brand new crate engine that I sent to them. Never used; went with a Hellcrate engine and won't need this little gem. PM me if interested. Will give you a good price.
    No core charge. You can sell your stock 6.1 toward the cost.
    'Cuda SRT8

    My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with 6.2 MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in GoManGo(5.7/automatic)
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE inB5 Blue
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"
    Likes eric_uscg liked this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Trumbauersville PA
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    your 140k mile 6.1 is not going to do it... you have 3 routes you can go 1) Forced induction, 2) stroker 3) N2o assisted NA all 3 require forged internals …. I'll leave FI discussion to those who dabble in that stuff . …………….. .600RWHP is going to require at least 680+ Flywheel, 6.1(370CI) needs roughly 1.8 Hp per CI to reach this goal it’s doable but not going to be budget or daily driver friendly, it’s just a simple fact of engine dynamics. Once you get over 1.6 Hp per inch, it gets REAL costly no matter what brand of engine you’re working with. Your above average street performance engine needs to be between 90-100% Volume efficient, so real world this means that for 680/700 Fly wheel HP your heads need to flow a minimum 330-Cfm, good news is you can get there with any Hemi head made after 2009(6.1s 2005+).Also Good news is most G3 Hemi stroker combinations cost roughly the same no matter the CI Soooooooo a 426 CI in theory will get you 680+ at 1.6 HP Per CI with 330 CFM heads, Been there done it just dropped a 417CI off yesterday,602 FTlbs @5900 720Hp @ 7400 PUMP GAS Cost was 11k all new parts, BGE block bassed Do you want to start from scratch? Or use your 6.1? what kind of budget are you looking at?
    Likes eric_uscg liked this post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean there's nothing stopping you from doing drop-in pistons, cranks already forged, so voila, at the fraction of the cost of a stroke you've got a forged bottom end ready for boost, assuming everything else is in alright shape.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    I think that's a lot of work and expense to perform on an engine with that kind of mileage. That's my opinion, regardless of the fact I have a real nice, 600ish hp, 6.1 stroker engine that was built by BES Racing / HHP. It was a brand new crate engine that I sent to them. Never used; went with a Hellcrate engine and won't need this little gem. PM me if interested. Will give you a good price.
    No core charge. You can sell your stock 6.1 toward the cost.
    PM’d


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ric3xrt View Post
    your 140k mile 6.1 is not going to do it... you have 3 routes you can go 1) Forced induction, 2) stroker 3) N2o assisted NA all 3 require forged internals …. I'll leave FI discussion to those who dabble in that stuff . …………….. .600RWHP is going to require at least 680+ Flywheel, 6.1(370CI) needs roughly 1.8 Hp per CI to reach this goal it’s doable but not going to be budget or daily driver friendly, it’s just a simple fact of engine dynamics. Once you get over 1.6 Hp per inch, it gets REAL costly no matter what brand of engine you’re working with. Your above average street performance engine needs to be between 90-100% Volume efficient, so real world this means that for 680/700 Fly wheel HP your heads need to flow a minimum 330-Cfm, good news is you can get there with any Hemi head made after 2009(6.1s 2005+).Also Good news is most G3 Hemi stroker combinations cost roughly the same no matter the CI Soooooooo a 426 CI in theory will get you 680+ at 1.6 HP Per CI with 330 CFM heads, Been there done it just dropped a 417CI off yesterday,602 FTlbs @5900 720Hp @ 7400 PUMP GAS Cost was 11k all new parts, BGE block bassed Do you want to start from scratch? Or use your 6.1? what kind of budget are you looking at?
    It’s going to be a slow build so I want to do it in stages and I think I want to start with an all motor build. I’m currently upgrading the driveline. My original plan was to just do heads and a cam to start but I’m afraid I won’t get my money’s worth after parts, tune and possibly labor. Seems like you are pretty knowledgeable on this stuff. What could I expect out of a good head and cam package?

    In the end I wouldn’t want to go over 10k. I will be doing most of the labor and if needed I have a buddy with a shop here in Mobile that will rent me a bay for a case of beer!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like
    pm me a price if hes not interested.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_uscg View Post
    It’s going to be a slow build so I want to do it in stages and I think I want to start with an all motor build. I’m currently upgrading the driveline. My original plan was to just do heads and a cam to start but I’m afraid I won’t get my money’s worth after parts, tune and possibly labor. Seems like you are pretty knowledgeable on this stuff. What could I expect out of a good head and cam package?

    In the end I wouldn’t want to go over 10k. I will be doing most of the labor and if needed I have a buddy with a shop here in Mobile that will rent me a bay for a case of beer!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sounds like you're going to need a crapton of nitrous for that price. 2500 on nitrous plus tune, 2500 on forged pistons/rods, then you've got upgrades to your fuel system, and then the trans to handle it too.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    sounds like you're going to need a crapton of nitrous for that price. 2500 on nitrous plus tune, 2500 on forged pistons/rods, then you've got upgrades to your fuel system, and then the trans to handle it too.
    I know the budget is slim but the 10k is for the engine only.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I’m getting that my hp goal isn’t realistic for my budget. So, let me start over.

    500hp goal will hopefully fit the budget.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_uscg View Post
    So I’m getting that my hp goal isn’t realistic for my budget. So, let me start over.

    500hp goal will hopefully fit the budget.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a HHP 2R cam with ported/built heads and a 3.91 getrag rear. It's a fantastic daily driver with a ton of torque. It's as close as I can get to 500whp while still retaining daily driver characteristics. Many heads/cam setups put down 460-480 hp and you won't find much higher than that. You will need boost or more displacement if you want to see those numbers. It's easy to make that up though with the torque increase from gearing.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

    Likes agoristmike, eric_uscg liked this post



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •