Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I flush with the garden hose then get my supply of many gallons of distilled and keep flushing to get the tap out, then drain as much out as I can again. Jack up the rear a little if you have to. Then pour your 2 gallons of straight coolant in the rad and save a little for the expansion tank, then top off with a little more distilled and that's about it. With a 14 or 15 quart system you'll end up about 50/50 maybe a little more but close enough.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    THanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by albow View Post
    Unless draining the block isn't too difficult (and if I understand right, it has some of those highly strippable NPT plugs to remove) I will but it sounds like not. THerefore, my plan is to drain, refill with water, drive until the tstat opens and repeat until clear. Also I have pure anti freeze, not 50/50.
    The block-based NPT plugs have HEX heads making them easy to R&R.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    The block-based NPT plugs have HEX heads making them easy to R&R.
    Thanks for that info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by albow View Post
    Thanks for that info!
    Did I tell ya its messy?

Seriously, look carefully at the quality of the coolant that is initially coming out of the engine. Along with a really good inspection will dictate whether dropping the entire contents actually has merit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12