Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    What part did you perceive as a joke? What I posted were facts that I'll gladly back up with "scientific studies" to back up what I said. What I left out was that the last ice age (and there have been more than one) only ended about 11k years ago....which literally was yesterday in terms of existence.

It only ended because of the Earth's changing axis tilt, and it will tilt again. With or without our help, it's going to happen.

What causes an ice age to end?

When Were the Ices Ages and Why Are They Called That? - Mammoth Discovery

Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them? – Utah Geological Survey

We’re Due For Another Ice Age But Climate Change May Push It Back Another 100,000 Years, Researchers Say | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Edit: Yes, the humans changing the orbit part was intended as humor. That's the only part though.
    Yes - the earth orbital change joke :^D
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You can tell a lot about a person by the jokes they do not get.
    Thanks centexcharger thanked for this post
    Likes centexcharger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone's trying to force their opinion. "I'm an electrical engineer I'm right and you're stupid"
    That's ALWAYS the case on every topic "I'm right and if you disagree you're stupid"

GM spokesperson admits 95% of 'clean' energy to charge electric cars comes from COAL. - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    It comes out of the ground and there's only so much they can dig up. Isn't that the problem we have with oil now?
    No. The problem we have now is fossil fueled vehicles are destroying the earth. Carbon emissions, and we have 15 years to save the world. "We" doesn't include china.

Thats what the politicians say anyway and we know we can trust the government right, RIGHT? Or do you really want to enlarge the earths orbit a few billion miles? (I know that was a joke, I'm sorry you were insulted (not sure why you 'liked' that post, thats a pretty bad insult on your intelligence)

Heres a challenge (that won't happen) lets focus the next 8 pages of this thread on digging up the scientifically proven negatives of EV's. Only want to have half a conversation? I know the answer to that, don't bother.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay727 View Post
    No. The problem we have now is fossil fueled vehicles are destroying the earth. Carbon emissions, and we have 15 years to save the world. "We" doesn't include china.

Thats what the politicians say anyway and we know we can trust the government right, RIGHT? Or do you really want to enlarge the earths orbit a few billion miles? (I know that was a joke, I'm sorry you were insulted (not sure why you 'liked' that post, thats a pretty bad insult on your intelligence)

Heres a challenge (that won't happen) lets focus the next 8 pages of this thread on digging up the scientifically proven negatives of EV's. Only want to have half a conversation? I know the answer to that, don't bother.
    I didn't take it as an insult. Simon knows I'm not a window licker and I don't think he meant it as a stab at me...just making sure I hadn't flipped my lid lol
    Last edited by punisher69; 06-11-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    if burning fossil fuels is killing the planet then we need to stop California's bad forest management from allowing massive forest fires that create more pollution in a day than I can in my lifetime. The percentage of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere is not changing significantly and neither is the temperature. We are flying around a fire ball on a giant rock covered by morons and we think the temperature is going to be consistent every year? Despite the fact that massive disasters have causes mass extinctions, the earth changed areas of seas to deserts and used to be covered in ice way before all this, but no, change isn't inevitable? Pull your heads out of your asses and wake up to smell the printing of money. The whole green energy movement is about money,always has been.

...this should get fun
    Mopar11 Charger, MMX Cam, BBK Shorty Headers, Hemifever tune, Getrag 3.91 LSD
    Thanks Jay727 thanked for this post
    Likes Jay727, snobrdrdan, punisher69, GTSDart340 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gentlemen,

Why don't we all take a deep breath, relax, think twice then reply without personal attacks?
    For God's sake the entire world is reading our threads.
    Getting to know some members on this forum has been an honor, that is my sincere and true statement.
    True professionals, intelligent, and above all respectful to each others;
    it really hurts to read some of these unwarranted calls to personal insults.

I am going to stick my neck out ( in the following common sensical points)
    I am urging you for no more personal insults:
    1. we all agree/disagree on many/all topics. That is us, that is very natural !
    2. Going through some threads implies some sort of ideological split; similar to making
    a political statement:
    HOW dare you disagree with me !
    IS this for real?
    Really?
    Are we serious?
    IF you do dare to disagree, are we going to execute your opinion and assassinate your character?
    Who moderate these threads?

I would love to call out a moderator here.
    Dear Moderator: please do what you have volunteered to do
    read, moderate, and do some edits.
    We need your services sir! it is needed,
    and yes am saying it again: please feel free to edit and delete these personal insults.

Green energy or wearing masks are taboos?
    Believing in fossil fuel or not wearing a mask is haram? not Kosher?
    who cares?
    is it democrats vs. republicans?
    Are we sinners deserve to be burned over an opinion?
    You got to be kidding.

We are much better than that, we operate above all that at a much higher intellectual level.
    Talking EV, renewable energy, masks, vaccines, or even voting choices, who cares?
    Wearing masks or not wearing masks, who care?
    That's up to all of us to believe or not to believe.

You can't force us to wear it, in so much as you can't force us to take it off.
    This is AMERICA, dictatorships live somewhere else pal.
    Whether we vouch for green energy or praying daily for fossil fuel, who cares ?
    This is not Sunna vs. Shi'a ideological wars in the Middle East !
    3. We are AMERICA, we carry so much pride in our intelligence, in our openness,
    in our tolerance for different opinions, different cultures, different skin colors, different religions
    and what have you.
    That's why ALL people from ALL over the world do whatever it takes to be part of the American melting pot.

To read some of these unwarranted personal attacks hurt, and it hurts too much.
    So please let us get over it. Please allow us to express our opinions with some freedom and some respect.

We ALL welcome you ALL to disagree with XYZ opinion, just say so and state your own opinion.
    Please respect our opinions in the same manner we respect yours.
    or better yet, choose to ignore our opinions, ignore the entire topic;
    choose not to participate in a discussion you don't like or where you might loose control.

Best regards to all.
    Likes RDT, vedros74, CruzKing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB1 View Post
    Gentlemen,

Why don't we all take a deep breath, relax, think twice then reply without personal attacks?
    For God's sake the entire world is reading our threads.
    Getting to know some members on this forum has been an honor, that is my sincere and true statement.
    True professionals, intelligent, and above all respectful to each others;
    it really hurts to read some of these unwarranted calls to personal insults.

I am going to stick my neck out ( in the following common sensical points)
    I am urging you for no more personal insults:
    1. we all agree/disagree on many/all topics. That is us, that is very natural !
    2. Going through some threads implies some sort of ideological split; similar to making
    a political statement:
    HOW dare you disagree with me !
    IS this for real?
    Really?
    Are we serious?
    IF you do dare to disagree, are we going to execute your opinion and assassinate your character?
    Who moderate these threads?

I would love to call out a moderator here.
    Dear Moderator: please do what you have volunteered to do
    read, moderate, and do some edits.
    We need your services sir! it is needed,
    and yes am saying it again: please feel free to edit and delete these personal insults.

Green energy or wearing masks are taboos?
    Believing in fossil fuel or not wearing a mask is haram? not Kosher?
    who cares?
    is it democrats vs. republicans?
    Are we sinners deserve to be burned over an opinion?
    You got to be kidding.

We are much better than that, we operate above all that at a much higher intellectual level.
    Talking EV, renewable energy, masks, vaccines, or even voting choices, who cares?
    Wearing masks or not wearing masks, who care?
    That's up to all of us to believe or not to believe.

You can't force us to wear it, in so much as you can't force us to take it off.
    This is AMERICA, dictatorships live somewhere else pal.
    Whether we vouch for green energy or praying daily for fossil fuel, who cares ?
    This is not Sunna vs. Shi'a ideological wars in the Middle East !
    3. We are AMERICA, we carry so much pride in our intelligence, in our openness,
    in our tolerance for different opinions, different cultures, different skin colors, different religions
    and what have you.
    That's why ALL people from ALL over the world do whatever it takes to be part of the American melting pot.

To read some of these unwarranted personal attacks hurt, and it hurts too much.
    So please let us get over it. Please allow us to express our opinions with some freedom and some respect.

We ALL welcome you ALL to disagree with XYZ opinion, just say so and state your own opinion.
    Please respect our opinions in the same manner we respect yours.
    or better yet, choose to ignore our opinions, ignore the entire topic;
    choose not to participate in a discussion you don't like or where you might loose control.

Best regards to all.
    Hey, thanks for coming to the rescue back when I first posted something here and got attacked by that someone who's always right. Oh you didn't care, that's right because we only care when he's the target. HMMM.

This is America huh? I was called a nationalist by the Canadian you're sticking up for, don't tell me that's not what you're doing.

Pandemic, masks, vaccines, EV's, what do they have to do with each other? Really? Like you.said this is America, we have our rights. This is not some tyrannical government? Then why is the government trying to force all of that on us?
    Why are people fighting over masks in stores? Why do you hear about the vaccine everywhere you go? Why are they, the government, planning to phase out ICE's when we still have fuel for them but they lie and say it's about climate crisis?

Trust the science? No one is getting science from the scientists, they're getting it from someone who (typically) manipulated the data to support this bull****.

The real information is out there, go to the source and stop watching TV news.

Unlike some people in this thread I don't support a tyrannical government. You probably do since you're calling for a moderator to come silence those who go against the majority.

Keep the covers pulled over your head, maybe the monsters will go away.

Post Thanks / Like

Masks and EV's

I know I have a relatively small sample to make a good inference, but from my "statistical" observation mask wearing and EV drivers are mutually exclusive.

It has been my observation (when I notice) there are a few drivers (actually very few, but those do make me smile) who wear masks while they drive their car, but none of those "mask wearing drivers" drove EV's. I find no positive correlation.

My point? I don't see where "mask/no mask" fit into conversation about EV's. But maybe some of you have observed otherwise.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    I know I have a relatively small sample to make a good inference, but from my "statistical" observation mask wearing and EV drivers are mutually exclusive.

It has been my observation (when I notice) there are a few drivers (actually very few, but those do make me smile) who wear masks while they drive their car, but none of those "mask wearing drivers" drove EV's. I find no positive correlation.

My point? I don't see where "mask/no mask" fit into conversation about EV's. But maybe some of you have observed otherwise.
    The government said wear masks, they all wear masks.
    The government says we need green energy, are you going to happily turn your car to yard art and buy an EV?

My point? Too many people mindlessly doing what the government tells them to do.

Does anyone realize that the virus is man made? And they need the virus as an excuse to force vaccines on people? Read the Dr f emails, one explains how it was made. Hundreds of Doctors and SCIENTISTS tell him that they used drugs that cost well under $100 to bring people from near death to walking out of the hospital and making a full recovery. (BUT THEY DON'T GET THE $38,000 C0V1D DEATH INSURANCE PAYMENT (or whatever outrageous payment amount they get)

Yet the vaccine is not fda approved and for emergency use only. Emergency use only means there is no other treatment, well there are other treatments but the world's "top" epidemiologist claims there's not.

So, think about how many people have died who could have been treated with these drugs.

When are they going to call EVs racist? Everything else that the government mandates that certain people can't afford is racist, but I guess only of a Republican suggests it.

So that's why. I'm in the USA and a normal state.

My state is one of few pushing back against these tyrannical laws (like mask mandates). But I also realize some people here have lived their lives under a tyrannical government and this is the normal for them.

That's how masks, vaccines, etc fit into the EV conversation. We wouldn't even care about EVs (as much) if the government didn't announce a plan to eliminate ICE's because of some bull**** climate crisis.
    Last edited by Jay727; 06-12-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I held this box of blue and white masks in my hand.
    Next time you need to run the car in the garage with the door shut are you going to slap one of these on your face?

The point? Government said masks work, government said we need to switch to EV's ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ LOL!!
    But it does prove a car is toxic and I am a firm believer in man's pollution over man made climate change. I'm sure if you piped in (via your HVAC system) the Coal Plant emissions or stored the Nuclear Power plants waste in your back yard you may induce bodily harm. Western states are no longer excepting nuclear waste, it's now being stored on site all over the US. When Elon made the joke about ICE being equivalent to the Steam Engine, I jokingly told my neighbor his two Tesla's also run on coal here in Chicago.
    I've sat at the tracks many of times watching the coal trains, 75-100 cars long feeding Chi's electrical system daily. I've driven past the wind farms, windmills stangnate, producing no electricity downstate. My point, today's renewables have their limitations too.

- I believe EVs should be part of the transportation network.
    -I believe we should strive to make new discoveries in renewable energy, batteries, etc., and to keep pushing the software that manages all of it to the next level.
    - I really don't have an argument against change or making that first step, purchasing an EV wagon after my Magnum dies.
    - We better move fast on all of this though, because the EV is trending hard, more so than ever before!
    Last edited by blue_devil; 06-12-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    2006 (Manu.Date 5/05) Magnum RT (midnight blue) - STOCK... Rolled over 100K on the OD. Just general maintenance for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Its precisely the lying / self-serving tripe that marks your presence here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay727 View Post
    Lied about what?
    Nothing huh?

Cars, electric or otherwise are still going to have mechanical issues that need competent people to perform repairs. Like I said previously, my background is electrical / mechanical engineering;

I'm not an Engineer, never said I was (more tripe / dumbazz assumptions on both your parts :^)
    THAT seems like a lie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Jay727

Before answering your questions, I sincerely want to wish you will.
    I got no beef with members on this forum and I really don't take sides.
    As I've repeatedly said, I respect you all for the help and support when needed.
    so let's get to it with a friendly hand shake

Your first assertion:
    This is America huh? I was called a nationalist by the Canadian you're sticking up for, don't tell me that's not what you're doing.
    I don't know what you referring to, a quick search for a nationalist meaning shows a person who strongly identifies with their own nation
    and vigorously supports its interests.
    If that dictionary definition holds true?
    By all means call me a nationalist, and I'll be happy to run with it. I see it as a compliment.
    Therefore, defending the interest of my country means (to me) defending my own interest,
    I don't care about what happens in China or Angola for that matter.
    The point here, I don't see anything wrong with being a nationalist.
    How do you see it so far?
    Are we on a leveled ground?
    I hope the answer is YES.

Your second assertion:
    Pandemic, masks, vaccines, EV's, what do they have to do with each other? Really?
    Like you said this is America, we have our rights. This is not some tyrannical government?
    Then why is the government trying to force all of that on us?

Yes Jay, I do agree with you This is America and I am saying it with so much pride and please call me a nationalist for saying it louder.
    Trust me I do understand tyranny and repression, and I do realize how painful it is.
    To answer your question, I must say the following:

1. There's no government on earth that operates in a vacuum;
    our government and others operate within what I call "spheres of influence"
    to put in other words:
    lobbyists, interest groups, influential figures who can dictate governmental agendas and determine
    "who gets what, when and how"
    So Jay, hear me out please: The difference between tyranny and non-tyranny in forcing their respective subjects is this:
    Tyranny by default does it with no questions asked, its done by its nature cause tyranny is built into the DNA of these systems. hard coded, if you wish.
    Subjects get used of it, they follow whatever the elites wish for, or follow whatever (the dear leader in North Korea says)
    2. Our does it in a more polite way, Pharmaceutical companies have their pull, don't they?
    So much for lobbyists, so much for interests groups, so much for money making, Right?
    3. lastly, where am going with all of this? Well, we the people are the subjects in both cases, aren't we?

To illustrate, I'll use my own personal experience for an example:
    I must return to the states this summer, but I can't unless I am fully vaccinated with two shots plus a certificate attached to my cell phone. other than that? leave the country and don't come back.
    worse? when you return you must quarantine in a third country for two weeks, pick Jordan, Dubai, Bahrain or Georgia
    (the one near Russia not our Georgia) Do you see where am going with this?
    If you don't, am going to tell you: these are the travel rules whether I agree or disagree with it, tyranny or not, it's the rule.
    Rules put by whoever has the authority to do so, that leaves us with no other choice but to follow it.
    Otherwise I can choose not to follow and forget about my kids and family, cancel summer vacation etc. etc.

Other points you have mentioned:
    The real information is out there, go to the source and stop watching TV news.
    Keep the covers pulled over your head, maybe the monsters will go away.
    I don't support a tyrannical government. You probably do
    The Canadian you're sticking up for, don't tell me that's not what you're doing.

There is no need for all of these harsh words, cause I don't watch the news nor I see monsters except in my 300 front end noise.
    I don't support tyranny, and I have dealt with Simon (the Canadian you referring to) as a forum member as I've dealt with you. Yes Simon was a gentleman who helped me in sorting out some problems with my 300 along with other members like
    JDM7, Gapi, RT Nomad and others. That's why I have so much respect to all of you on this forum.

Please accept the truce attached here to my best wishes.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast