Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 69RT View Post
    Just saying bryguy, close the thread. Other automotive forums close political threads immediately.

Covid-19 IS POLITICAL. That turns a thread to sht once people go beyond copying and pasting "information" Edit: DATA. (LMFAO)
    It makes sense that a a member full of red beans will cause the closure of this thread,
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netnathan View Post
    It makes sense that a a member full of red beans will cause the closure of this thread,
    Thanks to this site MOSTLY full of negative, close minded *******s who take great joy and even comment on giving you red beans.

They should give you blue beans, you seem like a hair sniffer from way back.
    Likes Vanquished liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news (on the local news just now); the goal of the application is to assist track-and-tracing to get a better handle on virus spread. Everyone should download this, especially(!) areas where the virus is seriously out of control (for example, red zones across the US).

Apple, Google release their joint technology for pandemic-tracking apps
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saying bryguy, close the thread. Other automotive forums close political threads immediately.

Covid-19 IS POLITICAL. That turns a thread to sht once people go beyond copying and pasting "information" Edit: DATA. (LMFAO)
    69RT, I'm not going to close the thread because covid-19 isn't political, it's people like you and the others who make it political. So here's what I am going to do. I'm going to start with watching your future posts and if I see one more politically oriented post from you, I'm going to ban you. Then I'm going to move on to somebody else, not sure who, but then I'm going to watch them, and if I see one more politically oriented post from them, I'm going to ban them and so on, and eventually, the thread won't be political anymore because the people who made it political, will no longer be members and the thread will revert back to the original intent. Be careful how you all tread moving forward. I am a man of my word. Have a nice evening and don't forget to mask up!
    Last edited by BryGuy; 08-01-2020 at 08:14 AM.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to this site MOSTLY full of negative, close minded *******s who take great joy and even comment on giving you red beans.

They should give you blue beans, you seem like a hair sniffer from way back.
    Judging by the fact you have accomplished that amount of red beans in 151 posts, I see 2 things.
    1. Admin is very forgiving
    2. Dude... you need some serious therapy. I am quite sure your issues affect your everyday life also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netnathan View Post
    Judging by the fact you have accomplished that amount of red beans in 151 posts, I see 2 things.
    1. Admin is very forgiving
    2. Dude... you need some serious therapy. I am quite sure your issues affect your everyday life also.
    You're not helping. Knock it off or you might be the first to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    You're not helping. Knock it off or you might be the first to go.
    Sorry/...

Post Thanks / Like
    I came on here and flamed a post a while back and ducked out unsubscribing. I return to explain.

I was in the middle of my battle with Covid-19. I was for some reason thinking I was going to find some positive uplifting info here and seen what was going on and lost it a little.
    I'm lucky because I am a senior and had a light case. I went through hell at first because I didn't know there were light cases. All the media seemed to report was doom and this was some of my reaction. I displayed some of it in my post.

So I'll contribute a little here on my experience with as little wind as possible.

First sign was a cough a few times a day and the second day I reflected on how this cough was like a cold without the nasal drip or sore throat. Hmmm?
    Over the next two days it increased in frequency and I began my concern and after finishing a meal of pan seared salmon noting how the kitchen did not smell of it. Bingo. It was Sunday and no testing was available. I tested the following Monday, isolated and finding out Friday I was positive. I could not smell a week old dead cat if it were in my lap.

The cough never got severe but I my head started hurting with each cough. A single Advil and the head pain never returned.
    I never lost my taste.
    I never had a fever or chills.
    Anxiety was high with waiting for it to hit the fan.
    I lost most of my appetite and 10lbs.

How my body felt is hard to explain, its nothing like any flu or cold I have ever had. I became very hoarse. Tired, no drive, short energy endurance, every tingle or different feeling had me wondering if this is where its going to get serious. I would make food, look at it and toss it. Nausea.
    My experience on the throne was like nothing ever before.
    The first 10 days was rough mentally and physically. I would have good and bad days, hours and minutes alternated.

Sitting still thinking about it is a mistake. Watching the media or the wrong kind of drama is likewise. Reading threads like this one wasn't good.

What helped.
    Phone calls from friends and relatives, stand up comedians, comedy. Texts checking on me. My Daughter put groceries on my porch.

Metamucil twice a day. I would feel better shortly after a dose, a large table spoon in water. I did this for the obvious but it helped more than that.
    Four days into it in my Daughter urged me to take Zicam, this too helped and after a day I could tell when it was time for another (about 3hrs) and soon felt the relief each time.
    A quality oatmeal with blue and straw berries and flax worked. I had no trouble craving it.

My smell took weeks to return.

I have talked to others with similar symptoms, one lost taste and smell, eating was like chewing rubber bands, the chills were teeth chattering.
    We all agreed mentally it was important to avoid bad news. Anxiety is amplified. It is physically felt throughout the whole body. I have never experienced anything like it.
    We who suffer from this light case are lucky compared to what is reported of those losing their lives.

You guys be careful.
    Last edited by gapi; 07-31-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks richierevs, SCOTT57RT, madcoder thanked for this post
    Likes Johnsand, netnathan, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    I came here...
    Glad your on this side of the grass gapi; apologies for not being more sensitive on my part. Know that there are others on here who have also contracted the virus and the ones that have reached out to me are doing OK...mostly (the myriad of multiple organ damage issues you elude to are reeking havoc).

Stay well...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-01-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to restart this thread by focusing on new learnings. In other words, strive for cutting edge information...

The kind of information that the Paramedics, Doctors, Front-line Workers And Researchers are learning daily that is being disseminated to others within the profession. My friends / acquaintances on the front lines (the reason this thread was started) are pretty tired and fed up with the baseless / tribalistic / confirmation bias-based resistance to facts that is being driven by willful misinformation and conspiracy theory BULLSH!T! This last part is really pissing them off!

In the beginning, when I admitted why I was picking their brains so hard, they saw value and were forthcoming; a few even elected to tune into this thread. It didn't take long however, in their exhausted / zero-patience state to grouse about how some are not interested in facts.

I've been warned not to ask the Medical Community stupid / wasteful questions about hydroxychloroquine, unless they volunteer information. They've f'n had it(!) with attempts to explain over and over to laymen its overwhelming lack of efficacy (study after study after study) and inherent dangers. Same with masks; they wear masks all day, why can't we - demonstrate respect - for finite periods of time. Essentially, they now have zero patience for ANYONE who refuses to practice critical thinking and accept responsibility for their own actions. So - going forward; let's help the the Professionals by doing what we're f'n told - without f'n whining.

Let's continue to post real / legitimate information from learned sources that conveys the latest learnings and practices that are NOT opinionated hearsay, baseless and / or political rhetoric. If you have nothing constructive to contribute (enough of the whining whataboutisms) and ...move on!

At present, across the planet, those countries who thought(!) they were closer to controlling this pandemic are facing significant setbacks. Those countries that don't(!) have control are headed towards - or are already over the precipice (by professional reckoning) - of a recovery process. This is not fear-mongering, it is what it is (hindsight is now a distant 20 / 20). In order to just get to any point of control means everyone must. work. together.

So(!), if you read or hear about a potential processes, emerging treatments (like Remdesivir), vaccine progress results, antibody persistence results, existing T cell memory / immunity results...stuff that offers insight into the virus or how to combat it...progress and therefore hope is welcome. Whining innuendo bullsh1t --> not welcome!

gapi was kind enough to write down his personal experiences; I'm grateful for that. Others who have gone through this - the door is open and I guarantee there will be no retribution for first-hand experiences. Part of the learning process - what we really need to know is going to come from folks like gapi.

Knowledge reduces fear and offers purpose and direction...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-02-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    As I’ve stated before I’ve moved on from worries about anyone other than me and mine. It’s just too damned hard on the brain to try and keep up.
    To me wearing a mask is like gassing a small engine while it’s running. You know you shouldn’t do it but you do anyway. It only takes once for the **** to blow up in your face.
    Until this is over, it doesn’t bother me to throw it on and go about my business. Will you be ok 99 times out of 100? Probably, but why risk the **** blowing up in your face!
    I recommend the Tommy Copper masks. Very comfortable and wash in two minutes, dry in five. Adjustable ear straps and just the right amount of wire to form to your nose. Worth the dough.
    Now, on to first hand knowledge of some people I know who have battled this thing...
    My daughters best friend who I practically raised is a nurse and works the COVID floors. She caught it at work and at 33 years old it knocked her down bad. For two weeks she was in bed and she said it felt like she was breathing in razor blades. It took four weeks to recover. She’s back to work but is still dealing with shortness of breath and brain fog. She’s what they’re calling a long hauler. She used to take the stairs but now takes the elevator.
    My wife’s uncle caught it in a nursing home and had minimal issues. Go figure huh? At 85 years I’m glad it wasn’t bad.
    A friends mother caught it in the hospital while in for another issue. Sadly, she lost the fight.
    That’s the crazy thing about this stuff, you never know.
    I will be shutting the engine down before I gas up for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 300 SRT8 / 2007 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Turbocharged
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Granpa Greg’s father Inlaw died from it. He was in the Soliders home in Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by netnathan; 08-02-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast