Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tesla Market Share...

2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Eric40962005 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    In 2018 Tesla delivered 86,555 vehicles ford and Chevy delivered 5,500,000 vehicles combined. Makes you wonder lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a sign of Investor's confidence. It speaks to world investment in renewable resources and just how blindingly quick the drive towards Renewable's is outstripping even the boldest predictions.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-10-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Its a sign of Investor's confidence. It speaks to world investment in renewable resources and just how blindingly quick the drive towards Renewable's is outstripping even the boldest of predictions.
    Yea I understand how stock markets I just thought they manufactured more vehicles than that lol. I mean I see hundreds of them daily but in trendy ass California. Their solar acquisitions are paying off as well.

Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a huge production volume difference...but that's not the takeaway :^)

In very simple terms - all (powerful) forces involved see where EVs are at and where they are going...versus where IC-equipped vehicles are not going...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    In 2018 Tesla delivered 86,555 vehicles ford and Chevy delivered 5,500,000 vehicles combined. Makes you wonder lol

But 367,000 in 2019.

Sales numbers are one thing. I wonder what their profit is like.

They're incredible cars. I rode in a RWD mid-level Model S shortly after they came out (Model S Performance, maybe?), totally different sensation accelerating with no noise. It was quite fast, and I'm pretty certain I rode in one of the slowest models they make.

Though I did view a Model X up close for a period of time, and the X wing doors are a complete joke. There were obvious spots where the metal of the door and the metal body were abrading each other, removing paint and a significant amount of aluminum in a very obvious spot of the door jam. Makes you wonder what is going wrong on the things you can't see.
    2006 Magnum R/T AWD. Intake, exhaust, tune. Dad mobile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bust0023 View Post

But 367,000 in 2019.

Sales numbers are one thing. I wonder what their profit is like.

They're incredible cars. I rode in a RWD mid-level Model S shortly after they came out (Model S Performance, maybe?), totally different sensation accelerating with no noise. It was quite fast, and I'm pretty certain I rode in one of the slowest models they make.

Though I did view a Model X up close for a period of time, and the X wing doors are a complete joke. There were obvious spots where the metal of the door and the metal body were abrading each other, removing paint and a significant amount of aluminum in a very obvious spot of the door jam. Makes you wonder what is going wrong on the things you can't see.
    I'll guess it wasn't by-way of the Insane Mode button :^) Try that and report back :^D

Growing pains while trying to meet market demand within a Company that does not have the same experience, at least in body fit, as the big three.

As you experienced, I wonder how many others on here would swallow their pride and take a ride to experience blinding acceleration they're not likely to achieve any other way :^)

Its not about conversion...that's gonna happen no matter what. Its a rather simple case of acknowledgement :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    When they talk about Tesla's market share vs Ford/GM they are taking about EV market share not overall. First and foremost is affordability. Tesla is not a cheap alternative. Most EV:s aren't cheap. The biggest claim to fame for EV's is being "green". It a marketing ploy just like black angus beef is. I understand that from a power standpoint your not gonna beat electricity. It doesn't take time to make power, it's instant. And you shouldn't base all of your info off of two major metropolitan areas such as California and New York. I mean how exciting will it be in the future to be at the dragstrip at an all EV event. They will probably have to mic up one of Ford's Mach E's sound system pumping the "Unbridled" sound through the speakers just to hear a faint glimpse of what a IC engine used to sound like. Outside of that it'll be just crickets. Lol.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WDOM8KR View Post
    When they talk about Tesla's market share vs Ford/GM they are taking about EV market share not overall. First and foremost is affordability. Tesla is not a cheap alternative. Most EV:s aren't cheap. The biggest claim to fame for EV's is being "green". It a marketing ploy just like black angus beef is. I understand that from a power standpoint your not gonna beat electricity. It doesn't take time to make power, it's instant. And you shouldn't base all of your info off of two major metropolitan areas such as California and New York. I mean how exciting will it be in the future to be at the dragstrip at an all EV event. They will probably have to mic up one of Ford's Mach E's sound system pumping the "Unbridled" sound through the speakers just to hear a faint glimpse of what a IC engine used to sound like. Outside of that it'll be just crickets. Lol.

Market share meaning actual stock market value. Click his link shows what we are talking about. Tesla is worth more than Ford and Chevy combined based on stock prices and share volume.

Post Thanks / Like

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - For the first time, Tesla Inc’s (TSLA.O) stock market value has eclipsed the combined values of General Motors Co (GM.N) and Ford Motor Co (F.N).

Post Thanks / Like
    Investors pumping it up to make it look good. Sell high buy low.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad I think they are ugly and will never own one from such a crack pot. I can't get behind the EV market until somebody decides to have an honest discussion of where all this "green" energy comes from. My gasoline powered stuff burns fossil fuels, I know where it comes from and what it puts out. These EV's make horrible pollution to create the battery packs in third world countries and are powered by coal, natural gas and other fossil fuels. The news headline is just an indication to me that we have some really stupid people on this planet. But we already knew that...
    Likes snobrdrdan, WDOM8KR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Investors pumping it up to make it look good. Sell high buy low.

Quote Originally Posted by kb67mopar View Post
    Too bad I think they are ugly and will never own one from such a crack pot. I can't get behind the EV market until somebody decides to have an honest discussion of where all this "green" energy comes from. My gasoline powered stuff burns fossil fuels, I know where it comes from and what it puts out. These EV's make horrible pollution to create the battery packs in third world countries and are powered by coal, natural gas and other fossil fuels. The news headline is just an indication to me that we have some really stupid people on this planet. But we already knew that...
    A lot of fiction and misinformation to unpack in both statements; because of the bias, I'm not going to try.

This post is about conveying facts, basically where we all are headed, whether you hate it or not, it won't change the information. You can stay in a bubble, or you can learn what's in store for us across the planet.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-10-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of fiction and misinformation to unpack in both your statements; because of the bias, I'm not going to try.

This post is about conveying facts, basically where we all are headed, whether you hate it or not, it won't change the information. You can stay in a bubble, or you can learn what's in store for us across the planet.
    Or I can do both

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kb67mopar View Post
    Or I can do both
    LOL, that's probably the perfect response!

I'll guess it wasn't by-way of the Insane Mode button :^) Try that and report back :^D
    I would LOVE to!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast