Post Thanks / Like

Help me decide next project car

So my 300c is my reliable daily I'm keeping it bone stock. My budget is 7,000$
    My goal is an extra fun car, daily, occasional autocross and dragstrip. If it breaks I'm fixing it. I understand an older sports car is a gamble.

I'm bouncing between 99-03 BMW e39 or 540i 5spd, 04-07 wrx and or wrx sti, or 90-96 300zx tt.

If anyone has had one of these vehicles and would like to give me there two cents or sense please respond.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
    2009 300c heritage edition/brilliant black/104000 miles/bone stock

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you actually find a wrx (let alone sti) for 7k? I seem to recall them all being (at least around here) 15k or so.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    Can you actually find a wrx (let alone sti) for 7k? I seem to recall them all being (at least around here) 15k or so.
    I may have higher budget to get the "right one" I said 7k$ I left room for initial mods or fixes...there around 10 with some miles on it

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell I've seen dozens of WRX offerings on the market for sub $10k, having looked under the hood of a 300ZX I'd steer FAR clear of that one...

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Thanks Vindiesel thanked for this post
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If I wanted a FUN and affordable AutoX/ play car, my first look would be a ~99ish Integra or an RSX. They're peppy, cheap to mod and respond to corners REALLY well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Vindiesel thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    If I wanted a FUN and affordable AutoX/ play car, my first look would be a ~99ish Integra or an RSX. They're peppy, cheap to mod and respond to corners REALLY well.

One too many 0-60 runs obviously mess up your melon, you just recommended a Honda for a fun sporty car... Help me decide next project car

Galactus hungers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    One too many 0-60 runs obviously mess up your melon, you just recommended a Honda for a fun sporty car... Help me decide next project car

Galactus hungers...
    You haven't driven one with a decent suspension and tires on an AutoX course then lol...but you may be on to something with the 0-60 pulls

Last edited by punisher69; 11-08-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You haven't driven one with a decent suspension and tires on an AutoX course then lol...but you may be on to something with the 0-60 pulls

I joke, but one of the most fun little cars I've ever driven was a first gen Miata with steeper gears in the rear end, that thing was a go-kart!

Galactus hungers...

Post Thanks / Like

Help me decide next project car

I used to have a ton of fun with a couple second generation rx7’s back in the 90’s. I had 2 87’s and an 89, all turbos. Those were some fun cars , they handled like they were on rails and fast a hell with some mods!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Tikibeast, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Leaning towards wrx. Easy to work on, parts a relatively inexpensive. Vehicles are in my price range for one that is under 140k miles. 300zx are overpriced for what they are and like mentioned before engine bay is packed and they are really old. The BMW part prices are ridiculous...m5 that is decent is 10k+.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindiesel View Post
    Leaning towards wrx. Easy to work on, parts a relatively inexpensive. Vehicles are in my price range for one that is under 140k miles. 300zx are overpriced for what they are and like mentioned before engine bay is packed and they are really old. The BMW part prices are ridiculous...m5 that is decent is 10k+.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    I agree regarding the Subaru, easy to work on, HEAVILY documented, parts are a dime a dozen...though while the M5 is pricey...it's an M5! I love M5s personally, I think they're well worth the money if you have it.

Galactus hungers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    I used to have a ton of fun with a couple second generation rx7’s back in the 90’s. I had 2 87’s and an 89, all turbos. Those were some fun cars , they handled like they were on rails and fast a hell with some mods!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're cool cars, but the Z32 is impossible to work on...

Galactus hungers...