Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First photos of Maddy (ChargerBaby)

These were taken in order, starting with a couple of pictures on Friday evening thru the latest pics from yesterday. The blue lighting is part of some therapy to keep her from having jaundice, kind of like a tanning bed, without the tanning. She's looking better every day and seems pretty laid back when no one's messing with her.

Maddy really is a miracle baby. Apparently the embryo implantation wasn't the best, so her umbilical cord placement was off to the side inside of in the middle of the placenta, so she was already working with faulty gear. Most of the time when this happens, it results in miscarriage. Luckily she managed to get everything out of the situation she could and lasted to 30 weeks and was fairly healthy/strong to boot.

This whole adventure started on April 1st when I woke up with a fever and vomiting and had to be admitted to the hospital. They were able to take care of the fever, and after a couple of days, realized I had acid reflux and treated that. Friday, the fourth I was hoping to go home, but around six am, I felt sharp pains in my lower belly and back and when they put the monitors on, Maddy's heart rate was irratic. They rushed me in for an emergency c-section and put me under general anesthesia. The whole surgery lasted only 13 minutes and I spent the rest of the day on a drip. By the evening I was feeling up to seeing her, so Marc wheeled me in. (that's the first couple of pics).

Her prognosis right now is looking really good. She's been able to breathe on her own from the start and pretty soon they'll be removing the nose canula (sp?) so her face will be freed up. Her weight is stable and her blood count is improving every day. Right now the only thing they are worried about is her bowel obstruction, which she's been working on getting out since yesterday. So hopefully by the weekend she'll be done with that and we can focus on keeping her fed and comfy for the next five to six weeks that she has to stay in the hospital.

Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts, they are part of what's been keeping me together the past few days. I'm looking forward to getting her home and taking her for her first ride in the Charger (probably just a cruise around the block ). In the meantime, I'll keep updating this thread as we get more pics and videos.

Member: CenCalLX & Mopar360
    "Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity."
    Twitter: Tam_aka_CG
    Instagram: cg_88

NOTPAID4 is offline "OLD GEEZERS LOVE CARS TOO!!!"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, she's beautiful! God Bless you and hope everything turns out OK!
    Make sure you give her our LOVE AND PRAYERS! Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey T, thanks for the pics. I can't wait to meet her in person.

• 2006 300 SRT/8 - Bright Silver
    • BT Frankentake CAI, Zoomers exhaust, AAC ColorShift v2.0 halos, CDC Glassback roof and trunk panel, HID fogs, Stealth markers and bulbs, LED tails and mirror covers, 22elite cover, TommyZ Deep Dish grill, USW 22" Extravagants with Vredestein tires.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again!
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Bless Lil Maddy! Isn't she a bit young for a tanning bed? J/K She'll be wanting a Charger before you know it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats again Tamara ...my best wishes ...can't wait to see pics of her home. Thanks for keeping us updated with pics...you know how we all love pics. Stay strong she'll get through all of this.

Stell

12.869 @ 102.02 Stock 5.7 w/ C&L, Predator, JBA Cats, Volant catback, 3.06 Getrag, DRs & skinnies www.hemirace.com
    Currently 12.26 @ 111+MPH with a completely Stock 6.1 4,250 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless MS MADDY and you too Chargergirl !!!! There is a reason for everything and miracles happen every day, case in point !

GOD BLESS YOU, MADDY AND DADDY
    2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger
    "DETONATOR"...Gone
    2019 Challenger TA 392 F8 GREEN
    [B] "EVERGRN" [B]
    2006 Charger R/T,[B] FRI 392 [B]
    "Daddys Toy" Hemi Rgeisrty#556

Post Thanks / Like
    wish i could see it but its blocked at work:/....i'll check her out later

Current - 2007 Dodge Magnum sXt - Silver w/Purple Stripes - Daily driver
    Current - 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T - '15 Sublime/'05 Brilliant Black - Weekend warrior
    Current - 2005 Dodge Magnum sXt - Silver - Complete/running parts car
    Current - 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T - Cool Vanilla - parts car
    Current - 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 - Pearl White
    Gone - 2015 Chrysler 300S V6 rwd - Bright White
    RIP - 2005 Dodge 'Dirty Whore' Magnum R/T (12/7/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and baby stats. At birth she weighed 2 lbs 10 oz, and was 15 inches in length. She has a headful of black hair and we're thinking the eyes will be brown like dads, but right now they're still that weird blue/black color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats you guys..........she looks beautiful. Can't wait to meet her in person.
    I like to pass!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear both CG and CB are doing well! You'll both be on the track in no time.

06 Inferno Red Magnum SRT8
    Pretty stuff: Blinker mod, Silverstars, Auto Headlight, ERF Backups, 22Elite console w/Jina's stitching

Go-fast stuff:
    Arrington 426 w/607 cam and FRI Heads by BFNY Performance, Tuned by HemiTuner, Kooks, Protorque 2800, Airhammer, 180 t-stat, Cool-It, B&B Catback
    [email protected] N/A
    [email protected] - 1.579 60'
    juiced

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy tiny baby! I'm glad you are both doing much better. I've been holding my breath waiting for this kind of news not wanting to say anything otherwise... She's apparently inherited your take-no-prisoners attitude, and while that's certainly serving her well right now, just wait until she's in her teens :-P

I DRINK ROYAL PURPLE! WHAT NOW?!

> 2006 Silver SRT-8 magnum, adopted 9/9/06 with 36 miles, groups I, II, &III.
    * tinted LED Tails * Mopar Remote Start * Stainless Airhammer * Coated Kooks Longtubes * PPP Heads, Cam, and Converter * Alpine R10 Subs/AoN Enclosures * 20" Black AR 311's w/ Nitto 420's * Corsa cat-back * Front Window Tint * Ratman Hatch Button Mod * Hotchkis Sways * BT Underhood Bling * Polished Intake Manifold * Autodim Drivers Mirror *

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super T View Post
    Holy tiny baby! I'm glad you are both doing much better. I've been holding my breath waiting for this kind of news not wanting to say anything otherwise... She's apparently inherited your take-no-prisoners attitude, and while that's certainly serving her well right now, just wait until she's in her teens :-P

Super, u sicko....u'll be too old 4 her by the time she'll be in her teens

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww... What a little cutie!

Best wishes to all of you - talk about a little miracle!!

Mike
    "Now, I may not be an expert either, but I do lay the keyboard down on occasion, wipe the donut crumbs off my face, put my pants on and go outside into the light... and work on the car." - MattRobertson
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v619/MikeEast/
    (AirHammer, FRI Sidewinder, JBA shortys/highflows, Zoomers, Diablo, Labonte, Pedders, RazorsEdge, HSP Mounts, Silver Box,BT PinkThingy, AMG Paddle Shifters) 3.07 SRT rear, [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow what an adventure! stay strong and as you already know there is a great amount of support, thoughts and prayers headed your way from all the great people here at LXF. Before you know it you will be chasing her around the house just trying to keep up with her like we are with our son who is now about 16 months! Good times are ahead!!
    06 Silver Magnum R/T
    Devino 430 Adana 22" Rims/Hankook 265 35 22
    K&N Typhoon CAI
    Billet door lock pins, Billet headrest spacers
    Ultimate pedals, Billet Technologies under hood goodies

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/OregonRT/

Post Thanks / Like
    good to here everyone is doing well. The biggest welcome to the newest Mopar fan.
    GT

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread