Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Last question fellas , I promise(definitely not).
    What plugs are you guys running. I was looking at the brisk rr12s , are those too cold ? Should I use the rr14s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alex used NGK 5107's in mine .. which is the exact same as dcmx's plug Started shopping/which blower ?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks ronan978 thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you guys know the edelbrock tune sucks, and I mean SUCKS. I think for you,you went the right route

Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Alex used NGK 5107's in mine .. which is the exact same as dcmx's plug Started shopping/which blower ?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Nice , a little cheaper than the brisk too

16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    Just so you guys know the edelbrock tune sucks, and I mean SUCKS. I think for you,you went the right route

ronan wouldn't have used the Edelbrock tune anyway but yes it does suck. the 2650 on my 5.7 Charger made 340/399 with the Edelbrock tune and 500/492 with a real tune. . part throttle drive ability was surprisingly good but the car would stutter at WOT. tune was incredibly fat..

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if everyone's seen already but looks like Hellion just released their twin turbo application for the Gen 3 (5.7, 6.1, and 6.4s with a 6.2 application "coming soon"). Priced at $8k to start, basically the same as the Whipple or higher end Procharger setup, but can get up to $11k+ depending on which turbos you want.

They call it a "sleeper" kit because you can barely even see any of the setup with the hood popped. I don't know how complicated the install is but definitely an interesting development - I'm happy building around my Whipple since I already have it but, if I didn't, I would definitely be looking at this kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmx5 View Post
    Not sure if everyone's seen already but looks like Hellion just released their twin turbo application for the Gen 3 (5.7, 6.1, and 6.4s with a 6.2 application "coming soon"). Priced at $8k to start, basically the same as the Whipple or higher end Procharger setup, but can get up to $11k+ depending on which turbos you want.

They call it a "sleeper" kit because you can barely even see any of the setup with the hood popped. I don't know how complicated the install is but definitely an interesting development - I'm happy building around my Whipple since I already have it but, if I didn't, I would definitely be looking at this kit.
    That kit is nice , but as soon as you jump turbos , the kit goes up about ~2k. Then your fueling and other supporting mods. I still almost jumped on it , but the low mount turbos bother a bit. Even on a mechanical pump I’m not sure I love it. If/when I upgrade from the d1x , it’ll be for a top mount twin set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, I ran the stock plugs up until near the end of the last build (800+). I switched to copper to clean up an occasional high RPM miss. But still stock heat range and gapped at .028. I asked Michael about colder plugs for both blowers and he said it wasn't needed. He was right. However he did want to go 2 steps colder for Pigzilla. But it started blowing out the spark. Can't remember what he ended up using, but they were still NGK.

wink
    http://www.mcvw.com/mcvw

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456