Post Thanks / Like

2015 procharger tune got erased and back to stock

Wondering if anyone could help out, got a 2015 5.7 challenger 8spd that has a procharger kit on it and someone flashed over the pcm back to stock and we dont have the tuner (but we can get one) , does anyone have that flash file for either diablo or hp tuner(preffered) to get this thing running again? We already reached out to procharger and no help. Thanks for any help !!

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks! Each tuner will be VIN locked to a specific vehicle. So borrowing one won't work unless they divorce the tuner from their car first. Depending on your mods, boost, fueling, etc., the tune file will be specific to their particular build. So that might not work well, unless they have a very similar build. Might run, but maybe not optimally or safely. Probably the best course is to buy a tuner and have someone do a new proper tune for the vehicle.

Good luck!

wink
    http://www.mcvw.com/mcvw
    Thanks circ1977 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well all these procharger kits look pretty standard, there is a higher output version but other than that if someone has a stock motor with the same procharger kit on a otherwise stock motor it should work, most people keep a backup of their tune on their pc (or at least they should). I can get around the vin lock thing no problem. I have a plan b which is to just take and get a custom tune done on the pcm. But that will take a while and be more expensive, dumb lube tech at my work did a pcm flash recall and never even noticed this trade in had a supercharger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circ1977 View Post
    Well all these procharger kits look pretty standard, there is a higher output version but other than that if someone has a stock motor with the same procharger kit on a otherwise stock motor it should work, most people keep a backup of their tune on their pc (or at least they should). I can get around the vin lock thing no problem. I have a plan b which is to just take and get a custom tune done on the pcm. But that will take a while and be more expensive, dumb lube tech at my work did a pcm flash recall and never even noticed this trade in had a supercharger
    Yes the kits all LOOK similar, but other things could've been changed. The guy might've swapped a pulley for more boost. Might need more fuel in the tune. They might've bumped up the timing a lot, requiring higher octane or even race fuel. Just saying proceed with caution... Still a stock engine, but you can't see what's in the tune. But ultimately your plan B is the best route IMO. Just curious why he would flash it doing lube work.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    There could be unseen mods of course, but i doubt it. Ya the lube tech was told to do it real quick for the recall by my service manager because it's "easy" and fast. Not soo easy now eh mr. manager ) . Funny thing is this is not the first time this has happened :( .

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like y'all just have a spare procharger laying around that needs to be sold at a deep discount. :D
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com
    Likes circ1977 liked this post