Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT57RT View Post
    I feel like it has to be due to moving and rerouting the cooler, but if it’s getting fluid it should prime itself eventually. As I read the install manual it doesn’t actually say you need to disconnect the hoses on the 5.7, only rotate them..so I guess I’m going down the wrong thread here. This is strange. Is it making the whining sound the whole time when you cycle it?

2007 Charger R/T, Supercharged
    When you turn the wheel, it makes the noise. And the way it feels when you turn the wheel is like it's not getting fluid. The cooler is now located about 12" lower then stock. Could it be a weak pump not moving enough fluid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2007 R/T, long tubes, off road mids, borla atak exhaust. Inertia cnc big valve heads, inertia raging trojan cam, D1SC procharger 6.1 srt aluminum intake, mopar performance tcm, Trufiber Carbon Fiber SRT8 hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokedRT View Post
    When you turn the wheel, it makes the noise. And the way it feels when you turn the wheel is like it's not getting fluid. The cooler is now located about 12" lower then stock. Could it be a weak pump not moving enough fluid.

I dont think so, since the reservoir is still in the same spot in relation to the pump inlet...provided it’s bled properly. Can you tell if it’s slipping on the belt any? Maybe the belt tension change has something to do with it.
    SCOTT57RT
    2007 RT Charger 5.7L - Black Crystal Pearl
    Mods: DiabloSport Predator - InertiaTuned, MagnaFlow CAT Back Exhaust, JBA High Flow Cats, JBA Headers, 185Tstat, 85mm CNC Throttle Body, 6psi-P1SC Procharger Supercharger, Blown Spartan Cam, 20x9 FR SRT8 Challenger Wheels/Nitto555G2, Mygig, BC Racing Coilovers, Willwood Brakes&Rotors, 3.06 Getrag

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think so, since the reservoir is still in the same spot in relation to the pump inlet...provided it’s bled properly. Can you tell if it’s slipping on the belt any? Maybe the belt tension change has something to do with it.
    I just read a procedure to bleed our cars, I guess I did it wrong. I'll redo it the way the process calls for. Other thing is I'm running 20x9.5 wheels with 275/40r20 tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokedRT View Post
    I just read a procedure to bleed our cars, I guess I did it wrong. I'll redo it the way the process calls for. Other thing is I'm running 20x9.5 wheels with 275/40r20 tires.

I also run those tires with a stock 2007 RT pump and I have rerouted my cooler the way the Procharger manual says (like you). I haven’t had any problems for what it’s worth. It still could be a bad pump I suppose, but you might try bleeding the system again just to cross that off the list.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also run those tires with a stock 2007 RT pump and I have rerouted my cooler the way the Procharger manual says (like you). I haven’t had any problems for what it’s worth. It still could be a bad pump I suppose, but you might try bleeding the system again just to cross that off the list.
    Yeah I'm gonna try to bleed it again. Everything else looks good. If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think is the pump is going out. And it could very well be air in the system, I did have to take a hose off the cooler when I moved mine. The shop that ordered my kit for me ordered a 6.1 kit on accident. 99.9% of the kit is the same, except the power steering cooler relocation and inlet elbow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12