Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigzilla Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Great engineering! Well done..

PI_greg,
    03 RCSB SXT- Hemi, 392 stroker, 46rh trans, Vortech v7-ysi cog driven, narrowed 9.25 axle, mini tub, M/T 31x16-15, wilwood brakes, HTH, coilover suspension.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Hell yeah. Going to be wicked.
    Thanks man! My little grocery getter is gonna surprise people with its stealth. Unless they get within earshot of it.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtruck-VA View Post
    Great engineering! Well done..
    Thanks man! I agree, and wish I could take credit for it. I just specified exactly what I wanted, but kept getting told no by all the vendors. "You can't have the blower hidden behind the bumper." "You can't have all the accessories working with the gear drive." Blah blah blah. I just eyeballed it and knew it would work. Even my speed shop said no at first. But Zack is a wizard, and made it all happen. All the kudos go to Rocky Mountain Competitive Research (aka RMCR). But I didn't get everything I wanted. No A/C, so far. We had to grind off one of the mounting bosses for the compressor. It was in the way of the gear drive. And had to use another to mount the gear drive itself. Could've made a bracket with an idler, but where to put the condenser. As it is, the heat exchangers for both tranny and blower are in back with their own fans. We're still thinking about an electric compressor similar to what Tesla is doing, but I do enjoy driving it with the windows down so I can listen to that beautiful exhaust note.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems shops are often quick to say no.... I'm fortunate that in the shop I work with just gives me free run to do what I want. I'm retired machinist and occassionally will make a part for them. So its a bit of a trade at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wink View Post
    Thanks man! I agree, and wish I could take credit for it. I just specified exactly what I wanted, but kept getting told no by all the vendors. "You can't have the blower hidden behind the bumper." "You can't have all the accessories working with the gear drive." Blah blah blah. I just eyeballed it and knew it would work. Even my speed shop said no at first. But Zack is a wizard, and made it all happen. All the kudos go to Rocky Mountain Competitive Research (aka RMCR). But I didn't get everything I wanted. No A/C, so far. We had to grind off one of the mounting bosses for the compressor. It was in the way of the gear drive. And had to use another to mount the gear drive itself. Could've made a bracket with an idler, but where to put the condenser. As it is, the heat exchangers for both tranny and blower are in back with their own fans. We're still thinking about an electric compressor similar to what Tesla is doing, but I do enjoy driving it with the windows down so I can listen to that beautiful exhaust note.

wink
    You can do anything man! Just make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A picture of my car used to be here, but now photobucket is holding it for ransom.
    Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems shops are often quick to say no.... I'm fortunate that in the shop I work with just gives me free run to do what I want. I'm retired machinist and occassionally will make a part for them. So its a bit of a trade at times.
    They only said no because they hadn't measured things yet. Afterwards they said you're right, but it'll be real close. They have a pretty complete machine shop. All the usual suspects, lathe, mill, etc.. But they expanded into the next suite and added some exotic stuff, CNC plasma cutter, and a CNC vertical mill. The latter is very impressive in action. But they like me, and I promote their shop. So they give me freebies all the time. In return I give them all my money for everything else. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1202 View Post
    You can do anything man! Just make it happen.
    It frustrates me that I can't work on my stuff anymore. Used to pay the bills turning wrenches in an earlier life. However living too wild and crazy as a kid resulted in permanent injuries to my back, So I had to give it up and pay others to do the bigger jobs. Fortunately I found these guys. Impeccable attention to detail, the experience, and knowledge they each possess, I couldn't have pulled this off myself. Even if I was healthy. This is the 3rd build they've done on the Jeep. Each to make more power of course. What can I say, I like to go fast. In the 8 years I've known them, they've never let me down.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure its thought of but just incase, you have solid engine mounts right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question, and I honestly can't remember. We did the BES engine, headers, and some other stuff at the same time. I'll have to call Michael to refresh my memory, but I do recall discussing mounts with him.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wink View Post
    Good question, and I honestly can't remember. We did the BES engine, headers, and some other stuff at the same time. I'll have to call Michael to refresh my memory, but I do recall discussing mounts with him.

wink
    I’m using the larger srt challenger mounts on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I also enjoy listening to my truck, no radio and solid engine mounts. I can feel it, but no one else notices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1202 View Post
    I’m using the larger srt challenger mounts on mine.
    Are the Challenger SRT mounts larger than the Jeep SRT mounts? Seems it would be the other way around.

I also enjoy listening to my truck, no radio and solid engine mounts. I can feel it, but no one else notices.
    Yeah our engines make better music than what you hear on the radio these days. Can't say I've felt any more or less vibration. I've always been able to feel the engine.

Well I wish my memory wasn't fading, but I'm getting old, and it's been 5 years since we did the engine. And we've done a whole lot of other stuff since then. Even before this build started. I'll try to get in touch with Michael tomorrow. That said, whatever is holding the engine in has seen several hundred low 11 - high 10 passes and held up fine. I even added some nitro to the mix one night. Didn't get a slip, but a buddy estimates it was a 10.5 pass. Of course I'll be making a lot more power now, and more importantly, torque. However the plan is to minimize drivetrain shock via the boost controller. I want to launch at low boost, mostly to keep from blowing the tires out, then ramp it up once I'm moving. Gonna be a lot of experimenting with that. But that's part of the fun.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm likely older than you, its my truck that keeps me going. TnT friday, looking for low 11's... the truck launches good. I've pulled [email protected]'.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm likely older than you, its my truck that keeps me going. TnT friday, looking for low 11's... the truck launches good. I've pulled [email protected]'.
    Could be. I'll be 63 in November, but I feel like I'm much older some days. Oddly enough, I still think I'm 16 until my body says stop that. LOL!

That's a nice 60' in a pickup! You don't want to know what my RAM runs (S-L-O-W). It's basically stock, just a tune. But I bought it to be a pickup. I already have a race car. I know how you feel going for the next brass ring, so to speak, ET. I wanted to run 11's so bad. Then I did. So I then wanted to run 10's. Now I have. I want to skip 9's and go straight to 8's. We'll see how that works out. But I only built it down to 8.50 (Colorado times). At sea level it should be somewhere in the 7's. But I usually have to run in 8-9k DA. Sucks, but I can't excavate the mountain. LOL! My previous build only got me to 10.807 (9.860 at sea level). Usually trap around 125, I think my best was 127. Best 60' was 1.498, but I usually only manage 1.5x's due to the altitude, and crappy prep on TNT nights. I remember I was out there one night and my buddy, one of the Bandi officials, knocked on my window as I was staging. I'd been running 11.0's and 11.1's all night. He asked "When you gonna run another 10?". I responded, "When you gonna put some stickum on the track?". He said ok, went and got the sprayer, tapped it out, and waved me on. Ran a 10.8. Came back and said told ya.

But I'm with you. My Jeep and the track is what I live for. Can't wait to get back out there with hopefully twice the power.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it's all true.. run 11's... want 10's.... with your jeep if you can stick it, it'll run it... awesome build...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just talked to Michael. He said they don't make solid mounts for the Jeep, and all the SRT mounts are the same size. What he did was made supports for mine. He's gonna take a picture of them and send it to me. I'll post that when I get it. Anyways he said I'm covered for however much power it makes.

wink

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread