Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any plans, or has there been talk, to start offering the SRTs forged from the factory? Even as an upgrade? im sure all us F/I guys would appreciate not having to buy pistons and all that to run more boost?

2014 Dodge Viper T/A
    2010 Challenger SRT: SLP LM1s
    2010 Charger SRT: Easy Street Air Ride, Kenne Bell 2.8LC, SLP LM1s For Sale $25k
    HEMI Registry #1522 https://www.lxforums.com/board/the-hemi-registry/257554-6-1l-hemi-registry-1522-mclarengts.html
    2008 Viper VVO Sold
    2007 SRT: SOLD #1447 https://www.lxforums.com/board/the-hemi-registry/238320-6-1l-hemi-registry-1447-mclarengts.html
    HORSEPOWER IS A LIFESTYLE !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumClub View Post
    SRT Engineers Round Table Discussion

Wednesday, May 25th 5pm - 7pm ET

The ground rules:

• First off, the SRT Engineers take time out of their busy schedule making go fast goodies to be here to answer our questions. Let's show them the proper courtesy and patience. There will be many questions and they may not be able to answer every question asked. If your question is skipped, please be patient as questions are not answered in order.
    • Please only ask one or two questions. There are lots of people who want to ask questions, so let's give everyone a chance.
    • Stay on the topic at hand. SRT Vehicles! Keep the off-topic chat to the other sections of the website. There is to be no discussion between members in this forum. Ask your question and enjoy the replies from the Engineers!
    • If your question has already been asked (by you or someone else). Don't re-post it in hopes to get it answered quicker.
    • Make sure you let the SRT Engineers know what model SRT vehicle you are driving or inquiring about. Yes, a head gasket is quite different between an SRT8 and an SRT4.
    • As much as everyone is salivating over what comes in the future, the SRT Engineers cannot answer any questions regarding future product.
    Quote Originally Posted by mclarengts View Post
    Are there any plans, or has there been talk, to start offering the SRTs forged from the factory? Even as an upgrade? im sure all us F/I guys would appreciate not having to buy pistons and all that to run more boost?

Are you new??

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Thanks guys!!

I just want to thank you guys and gals for the kicka$$ vehicle you design...Now I had a question from last time that didn't get answered..Maybe you have an update for me...Please!!

Hey guys and gals..thanks for having these disscussions...I have posted this before and wondering if this is going to take place per earlier chats..
    Quote:
    Quote:
    http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...&postcount=173
    Originally Posted by Joeyclutch
    I've been having a problem with a front end noise. Its been to the dealership several times and nothing has been resolved. They have replaced the steering rack, control arms, the bushings, struts and bracketts. I only drive this car abhout 4000 miles a year so I feel that this should not ben happening. The regional service rep said that this "noise" is a characteristic of the SRT vehicles from 2006-2007. I have driven in other SRT vehicles and did not notice this noise at all. Obviously they thought there was a problem with my car or they would not have switched out all of those parts. I even went so far as to look into the Lemon Law but unfortunately I was passed the alloted time. I dont think this is fair and need advice. Thank you.

For 2008, there was a check valve change to the shocks which helps this noise. They are retuned for better ride as well, so we suggest replacing all 4 if you want to go this route. The source of the remaining noise is the front upper strut mount in rebound events. We are working on a design change to help the issue, but it will be some time before we will have something out. Thanks to these webchats, we are able to convince management we need to keep working on it.
    Is there a replacement strut mount available yet? If so, is there a way to differentiate the new design vs. old to make sure I am getting the new one?

Is there a way to differentiate (visually) the revised dampers from the old ones?

Thank you

I was just wanting a time line that I could possibly get the redesigned dampers..The dealership has replaced both struts and several other parts, but when showing them the chat answer from before..they are also waiting the redesigned part.....Any thoughts on this

And thanks in advance..
    Ralph
    Last edited by zoomzoom1; 05-25-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    2006 TB Daytona 3033-4000
    Arrington Heads,Spartan Cam, Mopar CAI,Mopar Long Tubes, Borla Cat-Bac, Dyno-Tuned by Brent @DTP Racing..360rwhp 390rwtqe
    2006 Inferno Red SRT8
    Mods: to many to list

Post Thanks / Like
    Was wondering why is it that all SRT8 models besides the SRT8 Jeep come with slotted rotors ?
    Ever since I purchased the Jeep I have been having issues with very loud brake squeling, unlike the normal squeaking noise from the Charger I had before. Dealership offers no fix for it, they "service the brakes" and replaced pads/rotors but the horrible noise remains the same. Is this due to the flat rotors on the Jeep ?

2015 Chrysler 200S, not much will be done to this one
    2013 Ram 1500 Sport- 4" BDS Lift, Fuel Krank Wheels with 35" Tires :-) and a bunch of other crap(Gone)
    2011 Ram 1500 Sport (Traded in)

2010 GCSRT8, 20" (Traded In)
    2008 Superbee #558/1000, Traded in and missed
    2005 Crossfire, Traded in on Bee

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick question which maybe stupid. But why can't you make an SRT/8 in AWD ? To much HP & Torque, or to expensive ? Could it be done ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys and Gals thanks for your time.

As you can tell several people are looking to use 6.4 parts on other builds, something that has been thrown around are the differences in the block design in the 6.4.

The 6.4 from whats been said before is a beefed up 5.7 VVT

Spec size what was changed ( wall thickness, webbing etc )

It seems Dodge is going to be doing a lot more after market for the Rams, I hope that will work into the Gem3 Hemi's and LX/LC/LY platforms as well.

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    whats the benifit of the throttle body being on a 45* angle from the manifold on the new 392? thanks
    Last edited by cnhman2008; 05-25-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2007 charger srt8
    tsb for 15w-50 oil
    I have noticed with the mobil 1 15w-50 that it takes much longer for the oil temps to rise (I have to drive it hard or @ the track to exceed 230 degrees) hence the oil pressure @ start up is around 80psi and with part throttle will climb into the 90 psi range and takes muck longer (until the oil is hot) for idle pressure to be in the 20 psi range..
    Is there any potential problems with the oil pressure being that high for extended periods? what is the oil weight you would recommend for the hot Florida months?

Thank you !
    [email protected]
    2007 SUPERBEE #0667
    180 Jet T-stat/ JLT Cai/ 4" Magnapak Mufflers/ BT Catch Can/ BT Park Lockout/ SRT Nose Badge
    20% Tint/Black Powder Coated OEM SRT wheels/ Modified Metal SRT8 Shifter /
    09 R/T axles/Mercedes Blue Tops/ Overhead Gauge Pod/ Aem A/F gauge/ 275/40/17 Hooisers
    Mopar Performance T/C-
    Installer AMP
    SRT Max Plus Cam/ Custom Length P-Rods & Tune By [email protected] OST Dyno

Post Thanks / Like
    Hyper-grounding has slithered its way onto our platforms with the obligatory promises of better fuel mileage, more HP/TQ, smoother/faster throttle response, etc by simply replacing various GND cables with larger AWG (understanding how voltage and/or current are controlled by-way of the PCM - specifically ignition/fuel systems means the above gains are at best questionable).

However a CSN was released (J21; NOV/09) that suggests replacing B- and possibly the battery (w/higher CCA). This CSN, along with the notion the entire existing OEM GND cabling is inadequate (with zero empirical measurements), are being held up as proof.

Can you elaborate on the reasoning behind J21’s release, and why it covered a specific (production) range of vehicles. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 05-25-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerlover View Post
    Just for fun. Out of all the lx an lc srt s which one is your favorite.
    Not fair...that's like picking your favorite kid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletonizer View Post
    Do the new 6 piston calipers on the Grand Cherokee share the same measurements as the four pots as far as mounting and offset? Can you swap them to the cars?

The new 6 piston caliper is not compatible with the 2006-2010 WK, it was specifically designed for the new knuckle and suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Great job on the new 392ís.

Regarding the variable length runner system within the intake manifold; can you elaborate on the technology please; details like where in the rpm range it was determined the best point of transition, whether there are multiple transition points and the reasoning, and most importantly what sort of gains in HP and TQ were observed during testing. Thanks!
    The SRV actuates between 4800 and 4900 rpm. It adds a huge amount of area under the curve below 4800 and really adds to the performance of the MTX vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG View Post
    I have a 2011 IE 392 Challenger 6 Speed are the computers set to hold back timing and fuel and full HP till they reach so many miles on the car?
    We do not have any fuel/map strategies that we utilize for low mileage. The 6th gear learn is done at the plant. We typically see power increases on new engines up to 4k mileage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard of several changes to the power steering system on the 2011 Challenger. Can you share what was changed and what the results should be?

Thanks,
    09 Plymouth SRT8/6SPD - CAI, Predator, 180, Reso Delete, Hurst Shifter, SLP Line-Lock, Sequential Taillights, Autometer Shift light, Metco driveshaft loop, Valentine One, AFCO coilovers, Arrington 85mm TB w/NOS, Nitrous Express, SLP line-lock, Poly motor mounts, Pedders Front Bushings, Pedders Rear Cradle Bushings, Razor's Edge Froont and Rear Strut Braces, Chubby Pro sway bars. 12.369/110.51 MPH in 1/4, 1.724 sixty foot time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletonizer View Post
    What size pistons do the front Viper calipers use? I see that the viper calipers are serviceable unlike the SRT8 calipers. Is thier any chance the Viper service kits would work?

Nope unfortunately even if the diameters are the same, the piston length needs to be sufficient to not push the pistons out with worn pads and not too long so new pads will fit with the piston fully retracted.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread