Post Thanks / Like

2020 scat pac 1320

Hi All,

kind of new to the forum, have posted a few times so i have some questions, i just purchased a 2020 1320 challenger.
    I have heard that there is a after market product that is called a peddle commander to help with consistent and more true gas peddle performance. is this true or not true.
    Second the car is equipped with a trans brake. i have heard this option can be very finnicky and not reliable true or not true. and what is the fix to make it more dependable.

any and all comments are welcome, and i already hit the newbie area
    Thanks,
    Kiddart

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO - it is waste of money. I tried one on my 08 Corvette and took off after about 3 months. Why, I had to re-calibrate it a number of times. I bought it used for education and sold it for what I had in it.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO it's a WOMBAT..

Search on the forum there are tons of threads that go back and forth on this product.
    2012 300 SRT: SLP LM II exhaust, Underdrive Harmonic balancer, Tuned by Hemifever, 180° stat, LMI Tru CAI.
    I am silently correcting you're gramar and speling.
    Thanks swoods thanked for this post
    Likes swoods liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Might I ask what exactly bothers you about the gas pedal specifically? Also what "performance" car did you switch from/have experience with?

I've never heard anything about the negative about the Transbrake other than the overly complicated button sequence to activate it.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    this is all if have read
    the negative about the Transbrake other than the overly complicated button sequence to activate it

And my last performance car is my Dart sport that is/was an all out race car. I have only read about the gas pedal I am just doing some research. I think it performs just fine but can it be better? everything can be better.

Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty a waste of money. I've also seen them throw codes for the throttle pedal making warrantable items non warrantable.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you run with the car in sport or competition mode, the throttle will be as quick as any pedal commander. As for the trans brake, let me say this. The electronics in these cars is phenominal IMO. However, each of the options are a little cumbersome to make them work correctly and consistently while under anyh duress at the starting line. I really like the line lock in my Hellcat Red Eye. However, it seems every time I'm going up to do my burnout and stage, there's a lot of pressure on me to get up to the line. Of three runs I made last week end, I botched getting my line lock engaged correctly 2 of the three times. Got it right on the second run, but really screwed up on the first and third runs. This is not the problem of the car, it was ME who screwed up. With that said, it would seem there's got to be another way to engage these systems successfully, consistently. In other words, if I go to a parking lot somewhere, under no pressure, I can make it work. Pulling up to that starting line though is not the same. Now, I'm an older coot, fumbling with these buttons. The younger generations may have no problem at all. Give them a try. You'll like 'em!
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda FB with MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 and S60 Dana
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in B5 Blue (797h.p.)
    '19 Ram 1500 4x4 Hydro Edition (5.7 Hemi)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Cuda SRT8.
    Then car is fantastic, I will learn the buttons and layout as well. I am used to my two red buttons in my dart. I am sure it just becomes muscle memory. thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I did put in drag mode and sport competition and did notice it changes the characteristics of the car greatly. I have some more miles to put on it before the trans brake works so all in short time to learn this stuff. My on had no problem finding all the spots where everything is at, i fumbled to find them he is 22 and i am old at 52. he teaches me stuff everyday with electronics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kiddart, congratulations on getting the 1320. That's an awesome car. Scat Packs have plenty of power for a fun ride and I'm so envious that the 1320s are NHRA approved for "stock" class racing. I would imagine if the same mods are legal on the 1320 as on the older generation of cars racing, that car could get in the low 11s pretty easy; maybe faster? I picture full length headers; 9" wrinkle walls; delete seats option and a tune. Ohhh man!!

BTW, was your Dart the blue Dart Sport with the "wheels up" on your avatar pic on another website?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cuda SRT8
    yes that is my dart on the other site. it is now gen 3 powered as well, I have not been to the track to test but i have on the street and it is a very low 11 second car with the current combo. a friend has a car that runs 11.3 all day every day and i was pulling on him like a he was tied to a stump. the car with the old small block ran 10.80 so i am guessing this new combo is a solid 11.0 deal. i hope faster. And yes it is nice to have the best of both worlds. My wife would like me to leave the 1320 as is, she absolutely loves the it, and if she is happy so am I. I still have the race car in the garage

Post Thanks / Like
    So you still have the blue Dart. Cool. For some reason I was under the impression you had sold it. That's great that you still have it. I've got a ways to go before I'll have my Cuda on the road / strip, but won't be til some time next summer. Have fun with that 1320. Good luck with keeping it as is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to talk my wife into letting me keep it around for my extra car to play with, actually my son has been putting miles on it the last two weeks and having fun driving it. I may take it out today and play on the streets.