Post Thanks / Like

Want to increase trap speeds

So i have a 15 Scatpack charger with LTH/Tune I am happy with the car but like all enthusiast I want more... I dont quite have a goal on 1/4 times, with LTH/tune ive trapped as high as 114mph on performance summer tires. I will be adding LMI true cold air but outside of that any decent ways to add mph/ power to the car besides cams.. would love to trap 118mph+ with full interior in. Whats been working for you guys adding decent power besides intake and lth??.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Want to increase trap speeds

With LT’s , lmi and a tune I was running 11.8x @ 117.
    Best way to make more speed is to cut weight. Drag pack wheel setup can shave a solid 70lbs or more total , Braum seats can shave ~70lbs, lithium battery can shave ~50lbs , swaybar removal is good for ~20lbs and a better lift on launch, trunk liner and associated components good for another 20+lbs. Back seat is good for 40lbs also. Then there’s front and rear bumper supports shave about 20lbs each. All of those combined can make you up to or over 300lbs lighter !!! But the big hit items(wheels/seats/battery)do cost some money:(

Post Thanks / Like
    What's your goal with the car? If you are after a car just to run at the strip, then Ronan's advice is solid. But seeing how you only mentioned summer tires, I'm thinking you are probably actually driving on the street too. E85 or some n2o is probably your next bet if you don't want to go after the weight reduction, short of FI/internals. Changing your gearing might also be an option now you are tuned, but you'll likely need a good DR/slick to take full advantage of it.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    With LT’s , lmi and a tune I was running 11.8x @ 117.
    Best way to make more speed is to cut weight. Drag pack wheel setup can shave a solid 70lbs or more total , Braum seats can shave ~70lbs, lithium battery can shave ~50lbs , swaybar removal is good for ~20lbs and a better lift on launch, trunk liner and associated components good for another 20+lbs. Back seat is good for 40lbs also. Then there’s front and rear bumper supports shave about 20lbs each. All of those combined can make you up to or over 300lbs lighter !!! But the big hit items(wheels/seats/battery)do cost some money:(

117 would be lovely for now at least...

Post Thanks / Like
    LT's, catless, full factory cat-back exhaust, Jay Greene tune and a 180 [email protected] on crappy Nittos

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by punisher69; 09-10-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    LT's, catless, full factory cat-back exhaust, Jay Greene tune and a 189 [email protected] on crappy Nittos

275’s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    275’s?

305/40/18 NT05R's. Best 60' I could muster with them was 1.8... I could do that with my 315/35/20 Atturos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn that’s discouraging lol... I pull 1.8 60’ now on cooper RS3-S tires

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn that’s discouraging lol... I pull 1.8 60’ now on cooper RS3-S tires

Discouraging is that was on a track with crap for prep. I mean I literally could have done that on the street. My buddy with an SP Challenger running Hoosiers was barely getting 1.8's.

I have a set of M/T ET street R's mounted on a set of 17's waiting to go on. The kicker is, I'll be almost double the power of a stock engine when they do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Discouraging is that was on a track with crap for prep. I mean I literally could have done that on the street. My buddy with an SP Challenger running Hoosiers was barely getting 1.8's.

I have a set of M/T ET street R's mounted on a set of 17's waiting to go on. The kicker is, I'll be almost double the power of a stock engine when they do.

So looking at my 60’ my times seem to be noticeably different with every hundredth of a sec (not tenth).. there was a .2 sec difference with my 1.89 60’ and my 1.87 60’ so if that’s the pattern a low 1.8 60’ might be very helpful. Only made .5 mph difference though

Post Thanks / Like
    So looking at my 60’ my times seem to be noticeably different with every hundredth of a sec (not tenth).. there was a .2 sec difference with my 1.89 60’ and my 1.87 60’ so if that’s the pattern a low 1.8 60’ might be very helpful. Only made .5 mph difference though

Think you looking too deep into this. If you are hooking up better, MPH can drop. A run where you spin will likely trap higher. Based on your 60' times, I'd say you are hooking nicely. So the only way to increase your trap is to change the power to weight. So more power or less weight.

Now as far as ET, yes improvements in the 60' pay big dividends.

Post Thanks / Like

The 60' times do change the ET dramatically. Had I been able to hook I should have hit mid-high 11's before the build.

ET is a direct correlation to traction, MPH is more dependant on HP. It's a balancing act, for sure.