Thread: Spacers

Post Thanks / Like

Spacers

Ive looked for info on this so please dont kill me.Im broke and cannot afford to buy wider rims right now but id like to get the wheels at lease flush with the fenders. Has anyone used them? If so what size and lug pattern did you use as well as the brand? Is there anything i need to be careful of when buying/installing them?My car is a 2018 SP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Billet tech sells them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    5x115 is the Bolt pattern. Get rings that are Hub centric if you go over 7mm. Which is about 1/4in. There is nothing wrong with doing some small spacers. I've used this company before. Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech
    Last edited by run2jeepn; 08-16-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ This is the company I've bought all my spacers from. I wouldn't go more than 5-7mm. If you do you'll need to put extended studs in.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Spacer use is fine, as long as done safely; the hard and fast rule is that the lug nuts must engage the 14mm x 1.5mkm wheel studs at least their diameter. This means the lug nuts must engage at least 14mm of the wheel stud's thread structure. Otherwise, you need to use longer wheel studs.

Hub-centric rings are a complete waste of time, as it is the 60 degree mating conical sections of the lug nuts that engages the same angled pockets within the wheels themselves. This centers the wheels - nothing else.

EDIT; corrected diameter, thanks to Punisher
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-16-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Spacer use is fine, as long as done safely; the hard and fast rule is that the lug nuts must engage the 15mm x 1.5mkm wheel studs at least their diameter. This means the lug nuts must engage at least 15mm of the wheel stud's thread structure. Otherwise, you need to use longer wheel studs.

Hub-centric rings are a complete waste of time, as it is the 60 degree mating conical sections of the lug nuts that engages the same angled pockets within the wheels themselves. This centers the wheels - nothing else.
    I get to correct Simon!! 🤣🤣🤣 Y'all write this down because it NEVER happens.

They're 14mmx1.5 studs lol (I know it was a typo, but you did it more than once Spacers)

Same rule applies though, if you can't get 7 full turns of the lug nut BEFORE torque, don't to it. The last thing you want is lug nuts backing off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good catch Billy, thanks :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Good catch Billy, thanks :^)
    I couldn't help myself lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I couldn't help myself lol

Just as in business, I have an expectation of my counterparts to point out factual errors to prevent misleading others. Your zeal is duly noted :^D
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-16-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used these for the back wheels. Planning on going to a wider wheel in the fall. They fit perfect.

Amazon.com: Customadeonly 2X Hub Centric Wheel Spacers Adapters | 5X115 | 14X1.5 | 5MM 3/16 Thick Fits Dodge: Automotive

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help guys!