Post Thanks / Like

Downshifting issue?

Just received my new 2017 Charger Scat Pack and I have a question. I have never driven a car with this much power or torque so not sure if this is actually a problem. When the car downshifts at slow speeds it "engine brakes" as it seems to downshift a little early. Is this normal for a car with this much power or do i have an issue? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the engine break. It's saves my brakes too. And you get to hear the pops out of the exhaust. I don't think you have a problem at all. As you move into different driving modes (track sport custom and default) you'll notice different aggressiveness in engine breaking. The most agressive should be manual mode with track on.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2016 does the exact same thing, pretty sure its normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the same issues, mine 16 SP, and brake squeeze noise in the morning...or slow brake squeeze noise parking lot...went dealer last week for them to check...surprisingly the tech told me that common for SP.. So they are replacing all brake pad and rotor overnight ship from factory...and i also complaining about the harsh downshift about 40-50 MPH. They also told me that they found FCA TCM/PCM TSB recommended to flash to latest version...so i accepted all recommends...driving for few day..i noticed that shifting is now very smooth...and no more brake squeeze noise at any weather...first day you don't notice of any shifting changes...but after a few day i think the adaptive mechanism pick up and learn the shift pattern more responsive and smooth..The TCM/PCM flash is not for all SP, certain SP VIN number only...or you just complaining.

Share This Thread