Post Thanks / Like

Broken winshield

So I came out of work and BAM. 14 inch Crack from a rock chip in my windshield. Question is. How do I get my insurance to replace with the right glass with the challenger silhouette? They seem to want to send a guy to my work and do some quick fix Bulls hit.
    2016 Challenger r/t scat pack, 6 speed manual.tored black interior

Post Thanks / Like
    Just tell that that's what you want... You don't HAVE to use the company your insurance WANTS you to use... It's illegal for them to MAKE you use a specific one... They can SUGGEST it... You MAY need to end up paying out of pocket some of the difference... State Farm covered me 100% on my Jeep however...
    Nemesis - 2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392 - Born 9/8/2015 @ 19:10:10 in Brampton, Ontario, Canada - 1 of 156.

(Nemesis) - Goddess of revenge / retribution

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'll call them today and be more assertive

Post Thanks / Like
    Expect them to only cover the generic glass. You'll have to pay extra if you want OEM.
    -James

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Expect them to only cover the generic glass. You MAY have to pay extra if you want OEM.
    As I said, State Farm AND Progressive have both covered my Jeep's windshield... It was on back-order each time but I have $0 deductible on glass and didn't have to pay extra for the logo'd glass... I was told by State Farm that if it came factory (they can tell by the vin) then they will cover it... If it has non-logo'd glass and you want to put a logo'd windshield in, you will have to pay...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
    As I said, State Farm AND Progressive have both covered my Jeep's windshield... It was on back-order each time but I have $0 deductible on glass and didn't have to pay extra for the logo'd glass... I was told by State Farm that if it came factory (they can tell by the vin) then they will cover it... If it has non-logo'd glass and you want to put a logo'd windshield in, you will have to pay...
    I didn't ask him who is insurance company is, but if your vehicle is a popular model there are aftermarket glass options and they're normally cheaper that OEM so some insurance companies go for the low cost option. It's OEM spec, just different logos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they will tell him he cannot but if it CAME stock on his car with the logos, he has the right to get the same glass and insurance will pay... If he had standard glass, then no logos unless he pays...

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on the policy. That's not a blanket statement so I hope you're not setting him up for disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    True but it does fall under the fact of "repairing to pre-loss condition."

The standard for repair is like kind and quality, and pre-loss condition. If your insurance won't do this, can them... What are they doing for you? It's things like this in the future (whether some believe it or not) that people will look for if the car ever becomes a collector...

http://www.medinecollision.com/blog-...Loss-Condition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
    ..."repairing to pre-loss condition."

The standard for repair is like kind and quality, and pre-loss condition...
    That's the exact definition of OEM spec! That's how some attendant parts after lasted as OEM spec where others are not.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, sorry about the delay. They did fix it with the stock glass that has a Mopar serial number and challenger profile. My deductible was only $50

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have to fight or argue? What was your insurance co?

Post Thanks / Like
    No not really, just made sure as they were finalising my appointment that I will be getting that exact windshield. Geiko

Share This Thread