Post Thanks / Like

RE: Part Number for Charger Scat Pack Bumper Lip

I'm looking to buy the Bumper Lip as shown on the Scat Pack Charger at the 2013 SEMA show for my 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit. I'm guessing since there was not body changes it will fit....finding it online however has been a challenge so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    subscribed!
    Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    hrmmmm...so this Scat Pack is for the 2014 model year, 2015 is a new design, and someone has already been told me they were told that isn't available for purchase yet.....I'm suspecting this might be a one off car unless it went into production, hence the lip won't be made available. Can anyone confirm if any 2014 Scat Pack equipped chargers were ever produced or sold??

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that's my fear as well. I'm guessing the Scat Pack Chargers got scrapped :( Too bad though, that front lip is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've looked into a lot of front bumper lips on the charger and there is no comparison to this version to all the aftermarket products out there. Its a shame no one has taken the styling cues from Chrysler and made this available.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to see this spoiler in person last summer. Had I known it was not going to be made, I should have borrowed it for the night and made a mold of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually these "one off" components get farmed out for a private company to make....it would be nice to know who they were and if they still have the mold to make more....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ops R/T View Post
    I got to see this spoiler in person last summer. Had I known it was not going to be made, I should have borrowed it for the night and made a mold of it.

hrmmm....the car did exist, therefore where is the car now would be a good question....? I've sent an email to Chrysler Canada in regards to the bumper lip....funny how this section of the forum says "Talk directly to the team at Chrysler that helps take these cars from the drawing board to the street." It's been a few days and the only thing I've heard is the sound of my own voice. Who do I have to wave money at to get their attention?? hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent a picture of the spoiler to one of the SRT/Dodge/Mopar designers on instagram and he was nice enough to reply back.

I had asked:
    Sorry to bug you, but do you know if this chin spoiler will ever be released for the 2011-2014 Chargers? My car needs this soooo bad!

He replied:
    Sorry, but I believe that was a one-off prototype for a SEMA showcar. The only chin spoiler Mopar sells currently is the one you have on your car..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ops R/T View Post
    I sent a picture of the spoiler to one of the SRT/Dodge/Mopar designers on instagram and he was nice enough to reply back.

I had asked:
    Sorry to bug you, but do you know if this chin spoiler will ever be released for the 2011-2014 Chargers? My car needs this soooo bad!

He replied:
    Sorry, but I believe that was a one-off prototype for a SEMA showcar. The only chin spoiler Mopar sells currently is the one you have on your car..."
    Yup that's what I thought. If you could nudge him one more time ask him who did the work for them....maybe just maybe they farmed it out to a private firm to build and they still have the mold.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep beating at this dead horse, but I just can't stop.

I was digging online and found a few email addresses tied to a press release regarding the Scat Pack, so I decided to drop an email to them. Here's the response I got back.

Good afternoon [redacted],

My name is Jenny and I am contacting you on behalf of Chrysler. Thank you for your inquiry regarding the front lip spoiler on the Dodge Charger and for sharing pictures of your beautiful vehicle! Your Charger is certainly a head turner!

I reached out to the Mopar and Dodge Brand Advocates to determined that the front lip spoiler was a part specifically added for the show vehicle and is not a production piece. As you mentioned that you are looking at the Scat Pack for your 2013 Dodge Charger, I have included the available part number below;

Chrysler Part Number Chrysler Part Name Application
    77072329 Scat Pack 1 Complete Package 2013 Charger

Please stay in contact with your preferred dealer for ordering and specifications and continue to visit the Dodge website at http://www.dodge.com.

We appreciate your interest, enthusiasm and loyalty to Dodge!

Sincerely,
    Jenny

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that sucks. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I did ask about who made the mold, but I don't expect a reply back.

Share This Thread