Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmx5 View Post
    Big congrats on the recent pass. Great build and thank you for sharing.

Are you still on your stock differential and axles? I'm still doing my homework but am trying to determine whether my drivetrain could handle a 2800 stall when I'm making my full boost just over that RPM.
    It got a getrag conversion years ago. Had 3.91s in it with 226 stock axles and now has 4.10s in the getrag with same axles. It does have a one piece driveshaft.

Spraying a 150 shot hits hard now so I don’t spray till around 3500. Car is going to get a 4000 stall here shortly, should push 60’ down from nitrous out of the whole and 4000 also matches my NA curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks dcmx5 thanked for this post
    Likes Chri_mar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    It got a getrag conversion years ago. Had 3.91s in it with 226 stock axles and now has 4.10s in the getrag with same axles. It does have a one piece driveshaft.

Spraying a 150 shot hits hard now so I don’t spray till around 3500. Car is going to get a 4000 stall here shortly, should push 60’ down from nitrous out of the whole and 4000 also matches my NA curve.

Guessing this isn't a daily driver? 4.10 gears and soon to have a 4000 stall..

Awesome stout build for the strip though

Post Thanks / Like

What heads? And whats the compression?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Guessing this isn't a daily driver? 4.10 gears and soon to have a 4000 stall..

Awesome stout build for the strip though
    Was a daily driver for 70k miles but is more of a weekend cruiser now. Bought an 06 Daytona to daily that is getting a nitrous kit now too...darn Black Friday sales making me buy stuff lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    What heads? And whats the compression?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Self ported eagle 5.7 heads (stock valves, psi springs/matching retainers), stock compression.

Post Thanks / Like
    Times seem rather slow for the boost the op is running. Pre eagle motor with heads and cam and edelbrock supercharger @ 7lbs, 523 whp and 512 torque last year and ran 10.96 @ 125. This year a bit better with a 10.84. This is with stock trans and converter with 3.06 getrag stock bottom end.
    , hotchkis sways, BT catchcan, ,Corsa Sport cat-back, BC coilovers, 3.06 getrag LSD, chin spoiler, rear diffuser, whiteline suspension bushings. AMG paddle shifter kit, BBk shorty headers, PPP stage 3 head and cam (215/223 591/573 113LSA*), edelbrock supercharger. tuned by AJ.

PB 12.98 @ 108mph N/A
    345 whp and 323 TQ N/A
    523 whp and 513 TQ Supercharged
    PB 10.84 @ 125 mph SC
    1.54 60 ft time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Self ported eagle 5.7 heads (stock valves, psi springs/matching retainers), stock compression.

Damn good numbers then. Shines a good light on my nitrous build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri_mar View Post
    Times seem rather slow for the boost the op is running. Pre eagle motor with heads and cam and edelbrock supercharger @ 7lbs, 523 whp and 512 torque last year and ran 10.96 @ 125. This year a bit better with a 10.84. This is with stock trans and converter with 3.06 getrag stock bottom end.
    Still fascinated that a few people feel this way.. Stock hellcats w/ 707 crank hp run low to mid 11s, with all the track oriented bells and whistles they come with. I am pushing 600 crank hp at the most (probably more like 560-570), without those bells and whistles. Why/how should I be running similar times?

Your heads and cam are definitely putting in awesome work for you, and obviously the weight reduction is another major contributor to your slips.

At full weight (nothing removed, complete leather seats), my stock 5.7 on ~9/10lbs is right where I would have expected it - about 1.5 seconds quicker through the 1/4 than a stock 5.7. Picking up 2 full seconds+ off blower only just doesn't happen on these cars. (a stock 5.7 was running 13.6 @ 102mph at Atco the day I was running 12.2 @ 115)
    Last edited by dcmx5; 11-25-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think this is where your problem lies. I’m not bashing any of the tuners but I’ve used them in the past and now I use AJ Maybe start there. Your car at 10 psi should be running mid 11’s. I could be wrong “what do I know”. Not much I guess. We all have our favorite tuners
    [LIST][*]Stage 2 Whipple 2.9L - 10lbs of boost, 5.7L stock bottom end (Install by Tune Time Performance)[*]ECM Tune - Mike Doban (OST Dyno)[*]TCM Tune - Troy Ding (Ding's Racing)[*]3.09 LSD[*]Mickey Thompson ET Street R Drag Radials - 305R45/18

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a bigger motor brother. If you could forward me the info on a stock 5.7 with forced induction that they've tuned to mid 11s full weight I would love nothing more than to explore that car

Post Thanks / Like

Drag Strip Video - Whipple Supercharged 2017 Dodge Charger R/T

Im tellin ya, it aint all about the power.

Rear gears and stall are everything.

Suspension on the pre 09 cars is pretty loose as well so it’s decent stock for drag racing. My 13’ challenger was pretty tight and didn’t like to squat or lift the front.

Wheel and tire weight reduction is also very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll see if I can get my buddy’s slips when he was 8psi with a 5.7 Maggie. He was always a tick faster then me

Post Thanks / Like
    Still fascinated that a few people feel this way.. Stock hellcats w/ 707 crank hp run low to mid 11s, with all the track oriented bells and whistles they come with. I am pushing 600 crank hp at the most (probably more like 560-570), without those bells and whistles. Why/how should I be running similar times?

Your heads and cam are definitely putting in awesome work for you, and obviously the weight reduction is another major contributor to your slips.

At full weight (nothing removed, complete leather seats), my stock 5.7 on ~9/10lbs is right where I would have expected it - about 1.5 seconds quicker through the 1/4 than a stock 5.7. Picking up 2 full seconds+ off blower only just doesn't happen on these cars. (a stock 5.7 was running 13.6 @ 102mph at Atco the day I was running 12.2 @ 115)
    I feel this way because on my stock 6.4 with nothing but drag radials I'm running 11.61. Every hellcat that I have run stock with a decent driver is mid to high 10's.

Bone Stock motor w/ Hoosier bias-ply up front and MT ET Street R in the rear: ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000
    Not Stock: Who knows...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fumanchu182 View Post
    I feel this way because on my stock 6.4 with nothing but drag radials I'm running 11.61. Every hellcat that I have run stock with a decent driver is mid to high 10's.
    That's awesome. Has to be excellent prep and decent DA, and I'm guessing you've mastered your launch (and maybe eliminated some weight?). Granted this was during the warmer months, but stock to lightly modded 6.4s run low 12s at my local track and stock hellcats mid to low 11s. These are all drag guys who have been racing a lot longer than I have. These are also times that it seem most say they run in these cars in all but perfect DA/track prep

Post Thanks / Like

Drag Strip Video - Whipple Supercharged 2017 Dodge Charger R/T

Good prep, horrible DA in MD. No weight savings. Even have a huge sub in the trunk. I just spent everybweekend learning how to launch the car.

And yes I learned how to launch. Power brake at 1800 to get the converter to lock up. Traction control is turned off too.

Sent from mobile, tapatalk sucks...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123