Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I put a leave blower on my car..

Hey ya'll. Just like the title says I put a modified Black and Decker leaf blower on my "07 Charger R/T. I had also added the 6.1L SRT8 intake manifold, 6.1L SRT 8 TB, 6.1L SRT 8 map sensor, 6.1L SRT 8 fuel rail, 6.1L SRT 8 injectors, MMX pre Eagle 5.7L to 6.1L intake adapters, EGR delete kit, disabled M.D.S, K&N C.A.I (modified for a TRUE C.A.I), JBA headers, AFE POWER 46-32007 TB Spacer, Diablo Sports i2 custom tune, deleted resonator, dual Flow Masters and deleted stock rear mufflers. The blower is attached to the 90 degree elbow, which attaches to the K&N filter located besides the drivers headlight. There a 20' outdoor power cord underneath the vehicle going the circular drain hole cover in the truck. The cord is attached to a 1000w power inverter that has an ON/OFF switch wire, which is ran to the armrest on the drivers side. I will be getting a dyno within the next month (mostly for the 6.1L stuff) but IF (which im super skeptical) any hp improvements are seen with the dyno for the leaf blower, ill report back. As i had the power inverter already, the "Blower" project only cost approx. $45. As I had recently had a buddy spend over 5k on a turbo kit install for his Nissan 240x, I wasnt about to copy that route. Unfortunately, living in Cali and with SMOG every 2 years and fortunately have the LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY, having huge expensive upgrades are out of the question for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not enough volume from a leaf blower. Someone did this, ended up needing 6 blowers in parallel to get enough air.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I would imagine that the vacuum from the engine draws in more air than the blower would actually move negating any possible gains.
    Needless to say I would still love to see the dyno results and some pictures lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol dis gona b gud.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    We need pics of the install!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Streetsville (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
    Post Thanks / Like

2007 R/T R&T - Gone

2010 SRT8 - Sold

2015 SRT 392 - RIP

2016 SRT 392 - AFE Momentum GT Intake, SOLO Performance Exhaust, 20% Tint, Black Carbon Fiber Racing Stripes, tinted tails, Oracle LED sidemarkers, BT catchcan and underhood bling, Mopar Strut Brace, Rennen Forged RL-55x wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 tires

Do you even lift? www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HemDog View Post
    Hey ya'll. Just like the title says I put a modified Black and Decker leaf blower on my "07 Charger R/T. I had also added the 6.1L SRT8 intake manifold, 6.1L SRT 8 TB, 6.1L SRT 8 map sensor, 6.1L SRT 8 fuel rail, 6.1L SRT 8 injectors, MMX pre Eagle 5.7L to 6.1L intake adapters, EGR delete kit, disabled M.D.S, K&N C.A.I (modified for a TRUE C.A.I), JBA headers, AFE POWER 46-32007 TB Spacer, Diablo Sports i2 custom tune, deleted resonator, dual Flow Masters and deleted stock rear mufflers. The blower is attached to the 90 degree elbow, which attaches to the K&N filter located besides the drivers headlight. There a 20' outdoor power cord underneath the vehicle going the circular drain hole cover in the truck. The cord is attached to a 1000w power inverter that has an ON/OFF switch wire, which is ran to the armrest on the drivers side. I will be getting a dyno within the next month (mostly for the 6.1L stuff) but IF (which im super skeptical) any hp improvements are seen with the dyno for the leaf blower, ill report back. As i had the power inverter already, the "Blower" project only cost approx. $45. As I had recently had a buddy spend over 5k on a turbo kit install for his Nissan 240x, I wasnt about to copy that route. Unfortunately, living in Cali and with SMOG every 2 years and fortunately have the LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY, having huge expensive upgrades are out of the question for me.
    This is a joke ..right ? ..if not...you're in for a long difficult life..

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a procharger paintd to look like the leaf blower.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley, fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 275/40R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    No guys, I actually did. Lol. Ill send pics soon

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast