Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m glad to hear your making some headway even if not 100%, it’s better than nothing or going backwards. When you finally get an answer for the issue please share the findings, I for one am more than just a little curious about it.
    Forged 392, Edelbrock [email protected] psi, 90mm throttle body, LMI intake, SRT headers & mids with Corsa Sport catback.600 rwhp/600 rwtq

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to update this and bring this to a close.

Went again to the tuner yesterday, and I can finally report he got this car dialed in. Many thanks to Black Market Racing and their patience and persistence working on my car.

I put the Hellcat throttle body back on because there is a noticeable difference between it and the stock one. After trying different things which were not working, he loaded a stock hellcat TB table into my tune, and made a few very small adjustments. It worked like magic....

Great shifts
    Linear acceleration
    Idles perfect

The flutter I once had is all but gone. There is a slight movement of the needle in my boost gauge at a very particular RPM and throttle input if I want to be really picky - but you can’t hear it and can’t feel it at all. I’m content with that! It’s running like it would from the factory.

So, problem solved. I’m using the original bypass valve and set-up as it came from Whipple. As has been said in other posts and forums - the flutter is a tuning issue.
    Thanks BlackCharger06 thanked for this post
    Likes BlackCharger06 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good. Glad you got it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that. My tuning begins again this Thursday, finally have the 392, KOOKS headers and 88mm throttle body in car. 65lb inj i bought from a whipple kit were too short, so I left the 52lb inj in, have to address that later when I see how they perform. Some say they will be fine, others say be safe and go larger.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.62 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Glad to hear that. My tuning begins again this Thursday, finally have the 392, KOOKS headers and 88mm throttle body in car. 65lb inj i bought from a whipple kit were too short, so I left the 52lb inj in, have to address that later when I see how they perform. Some say they will be fine, others say be safe and go larger.
    Don’t know your set-up at all, but I’m at 93% injector duty cycle at 12.5lbs of boost and a 92mm TB. They are the 65 lb DW’s that come with the Whipple kit. If you aren’t boosted, you’ll probably be fine even with that TB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Glad you got it worked out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Nemo View Post
    Don’t know your set-up at all, but I’m at 93% injector duty cycle at 12.5lbs of boost and a 92mm TB. They are the 65 lb DW’s that come with the Whipple kit. If you aren’t boosted, you’ll probably be fine even with that TB.
    Everything in Sig. Not sure about length of inj for the Eforce, seems odd that the DW whipple inj are too short, but I didn't pull mine from rail and stand them next to DW. I was wiped out tired and just did a quick next to rail comparison. Guy on HPtuners is using a set of deka 66.7lb, used in the Demons, not sure if they are the right length either.

2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGM with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley, fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall , Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.06
    Last edited by coanan; 08-08-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems many end-users have been told by tuners that whipple superchargers are the root cause of jerky operation while applying throttle.

It has nothing to do with the (any) hardware...the problem - and therefore solution - is in the tune itself.

Go to =68.ARB-bfOtOTunzcCWWt7pSL7N4f1uvgeFXjHXQDTRT4X...book Page and look for the post showing before / after clips from customers' data logs..

Thanks BlackCharger06 thanked for this post
    Likes BlackCharger06 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackCharger06 PM’ed me about this link to OST Dyno’s FB page. I took a look, and it seems they are saying the issues lies in the throttle. For some, that may be the case. For me, it wasn’t.

When we data logged my car, the throttle position was consistent. There was no throttle body modulation or flutter. For me, it’s in the bypass valve. For whatever reason, my supercharger/bypass valve/cam shaft/pulley/throttle body combo have a hard time all playing well together. We have it as good as it’s going to get, but there is still some flutter here and there depending on a few variables.

What I have found is that in my particular case, the acceleration is linear to a point - and then the bypass valve closes, giving you full boost near WOT. The only time my car bucks is if I’m not fully ready for the boost while I’m gently pushing the pedal - this pushes my foot away from the pedal ever so slightly as the car launches and causes me to let up on the pedal just enough for the car to go out of boost and then as my foot hits the pedal again, the car goes into boost again. This bucking is caused by my foot. Not sure that makes sense, but the throttle modulation is caused by me, not the tune. Probably need to adjust my seat... haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackCharger06 PM’ed me about this link to OST Dyno’s FB page. I took a look, and it seems they are saying the issues lies in the throttle. For some, that may be the case. For me, it wasn’t.

When we data logged my car, the throttle position was consistent. There was no throttle body modulation or flutter. For me, it’s in the bypass valve. For whatever reason, my supercharger/bypass valve/cam shaft/pulley/throttle body combo have a hard time all playing well together. We have it as good as it’s going to get, but there is still some flutter here and there depending on a few variables.

What I have found is that in my particular case, the acceleration is linear to a point - and then the bypass valve closes, giving you full boost near WOT. The only time my car bucks is if I’m not fully ready for the boost while I’m gently pushing the pedal - this pushes my foot away from the pedal ever so slightly as the car launches and causes me to let up on the pedal just enough for the car to go out of boost and then as my foot hits the pedal again, the car goes into boost again. This bucking is caused by my foot. Not sure that makes sense, but the throttle modulation is caused by me, not the tune. Probably need to adjust my seat... haha.
    What you are saying makes sense, but it still doesn’t seem correct. The bypass valve shouldn’t snap closed giving you a large change in boost for a small change in pedal. It seems like the vacuum required to close the bypass valve is too high....or the bypass valve is getting stuck close to being closed. Did you check to ensure the vaccum is getting delivered to the bypass valve properly and the line is not collapsing?

Admittedly I don’t know much about how a non-centrifugal supercharger/bypass valve is tuned. I know the supercharger makes instant boost irrespective of rpm, but I’m not sure how the bypass valve is tuned to deliver the boost vs throttle. Did whipple give you any examples of what it’s supposed to look like?

2007 Charger R/T, Supercharged
    SCOTT57RT
    2007 RT Charger 5.7L - Black Crystal Pearl
    Mods: DiabloSport Predator - InertiaTuned, MagnaFlow CAT Back Exhaust, JBA High Flow Cats, JBA Headers, 185Tstat, 85mm CNC Throttle Body, 6psi-P1SC Procharger Supercharger, Blown Spartan Cam, 20x9 FR SRT8 Challenger Wheels/Nitto555G2, Mygig, BC Racing Coilovers, Willwood Brakes&Rotors, 3.06 Getrag

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT57RT View Post
    What you are saying makes sense, but it still doesn’t seem correct. The bypass valve shouldn’t snap closed giving you a large change in boost for a small change in pedal. It seems like the vacuum required to close the bypass valve is too high....or the bypass valve is getting stuck close to being closed. Did you check to ensure the vaccum is getting delivered to the bypass valve properly and the line is not collapsing?

Admittedly I don’t know much about how a non-centrifugal supercharger/bypass valve is tuned. I know the supercharger makes instant boost irrespective of rpm, but I’m not sure how the bypass valve is tuned to deliver the boost vs throttle. Did whipple give you any examples of what it’s supposed to look like?

2007 Charger R/T, Supercharged
    I kind of explained it in post #34 above after I talked to Whipple. Basically, the bypass valves can be ordered with different springs and the vacuum line can be ported. Neither worked for me.

I just think anything outside of the original parameters set up by Whipple are going to cause issues because of the location of the bypass valve and the the design of the Hemi intake plenum.

Hellcats have a different intake design and their bypass valve is electronically controlled.

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this earlier today:

Superchargers and Jerky Throttle Problems...

It might be worthwhile to talk to OST...how can it hurt??
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks SCOTT57RT thanked for this post
    Likes BlackCharger06, SCOTT57RT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I copied it to here for him and I agree. After how far he’s come with this build I don’t see how it can hurt to send a log and talk to mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of explained it in post #34 above after I talked to Whipple. Basically, the bypass valves can be ordered with different springs and the vacuum line can be ported. Neither worked for me.

I just think anything outside of the original parameters set up by Whipple are going to cause issues because of the location of the bypass valve and the the design of the Hemi intake plenum.

Hellcats have a different intake design and their bypass valve is electronically controlled.
    Any thought on purchasing the smoothboost?

2013 300 SRT - 2017 Front and Rear SRT conversion.
    Fiberglass Hellcat Hood
    Accuair E-level / Universal Bags

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345