Post Thanks / Like

Aftermarket Intake Manifold for sale

Description: I have this listed on the hemitruckclub forum as well. I can complete the sale through eBay if the buyer wants.

changed to a different intake manifold so i am selling my Arrow single plane aluminum manifold, billet fuel rails, Holley intake elbow, factory throttle body with adapter to LS bolt pattern. There is a throttle body spacer as well that is in there because it was drilled/tapped for the brake booster. Links for info on the parts are below, selling complete for 500 bucks. PM me if interested. I can ship it anywhere.

Intake Manifold

https://store.prefix.com/products/arr-7509-m-gen-3-hemi-efi-intake-manifold?_pos=12&_sid=87bbd8ee5&_ss=r

Fuel Rails

https://store.prefix.com/products/arr-3783-billet-gen-3-hemi-fuel-rails?_pos=2&_sid=379e0ee03&_ss=r

Fuel Rail Brackets

https://store.prefix.com/products/intake-manifold-fuel-rail-bracket?_pos=1&_sid=379e0ee03&_ss=r

Intake Elbow

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/throttle_bodies/throttle_body_components/parts/300-240

Adapter Plate

https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/gen-3-hemi-throttle-body-adapter/

Price (USD): $500

Shipping & Pickup: Can Meet / Pick Up in person, Can ship within Country
    Shipping Cost (USD): $65

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    What's the benefit of running this intake manifold?

2008 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD - Daily Driver
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD - Weekend Toy
    2012 Dodge Avenger R/T - Daily Driver

Performance mods: Edge 3200 Stall, HP Tuners, SLP LM2, Custom Dual CAI, BCRacing Coilovers, R1 Concepts brakes, Tranzformer, HemiTuner TCM, Paramount Stage 2 Valve Body, Borg Warner Transfer Case
    Other: 2008 SRT Fascia, Road and Track Seats

60' - 1.95
    1/4 - 13.97 @ 99.7MPH

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drag_racer View Post

it was the only intake I had ran on my motor, so I can't offer any info on how it compares to a factory 6.1/6.4 manifold.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’ll carry power to higher rpm and the big open plenum is good for boost.
    Wonder what shipping to the US would be like.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN;5191205

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=86160
    Scat Pack Forums[/url]

shouldn't be too bad, depends on the carrier. different story shipping from the US to Canada though, our government taxes the crap out of everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    If this means you can run a cable operated throttle body (as opposed to drive-by-wire) in a LX car, I'd be very interested. Looking at possibly swapping in a 6.1 next year.

And I'm in Saskatoon so no shipping needed.

Does anyone know if that's possible with this intake?

Post Thanks / Like
    If this means you can run a cable operated throttle body (as opposed to drive-by-wire) in a LX car, I'd be very interested. Looking at possibly swapping in a 6.1 next year.

And I'm in Saskatoon so no shipping needed.

Does anyone know if that's possible with this intake?

yes, the Holley elbow has the LS throttle body bolt pattern, thats why there is the LS to hemi adapter in between. are you going to run a cable throttle body with the factory pcm? (yes it is possible)

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's possible thats what I want to do. Looking at doing a 6.1 swap next spring, and I hate drive by wire (I grew up with cable throttle race cars).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    It’ll carry power to higher rpm and the big open plenum is good for boost.

Does it lose low end power?

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's possible thats what I want to do. Looking at doing a 6.1 swap next spring, and I hate drive by wire (I grew up with cable throttle race cars).
    drive by wire is great if it is tuned properly, plus it provides a nice gentle way to limit rpm. it has a ton of advantages over a cable, there is just a lot of misunderstanding associated with dbw. same with torque management, it is a great thing to have, yes even for racing. most people just have it seriously misunderstood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it lose low end power?
    Yes, it’ll lose some down low but with a proper combo (cam, stall, rear gears) It really won’t matter.
    Ls bolt pattern for the TB opens up a lot of different options too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyc04 View Post
    drive by wire is great if it is tuned properly, plus it provides a nice gentle way to limit rpm. it has a ton of advantages over a cable, there is just a lot of misunderstanding associated with dbw. same with torque management, it is a great thing to have, yes even for racing. most people just have it seriously misunderstood.
    There's just a disconnect feeling with drive by wire, even with the throttle boost on the Trinity.

What benefit does torque management actually provide? We had a chevy 350 hooked up to a th-350 with a shift kit. After about 10 years and thousands of passes, only the input shaft broke. The clutches were still like new. It had a shift kit, and it shifted so hard it would chirp the tires going into 3rd gear.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's just a disconnect feeling with drive by wire, even with the throttle boost on the Trinity.

What benefit does torque management actually provide? We had a chevy 350 hooked up to a th-350 with a shift kit. After about 10 years and thousands of passes, only the input shaft broke. The clutches were still like new. It had a shift kit, and it shifted so hard it would chirp the tires going into 3rd gear.

when set up properly, torque management not only reduces wear on your clutches (obviously), it will also result in faster shifts than without it.

from the factory, it is set up with a compromise between performance\feel and the fact that chrysler wants the transmissions to outlast the warranty period. guys feel that it reduces performance and slows them down because as set up by the factory, it does. tune it properly, and it is a major benefit. think of what is happening during a WOT shift: the oncoming clutches are applying and dragging the motor down to a lower rpm. that doesn't sound all that bad until you consider the fact that those clutches are being forced to slow down a motor that is fighting against it at full power, and to do it in a fraction of a second. that is a lot to ask of your clutches.

when you bring in torque management, you reduce engine output during shifts, as we all know. when it is set up correctly with a properly shifting transmission, it will be reducing power when the shift is happening, and it will cut down the overall time that it takes for it to happen. rather than the oncoming clutches having to slow down a motor that is fighting against them with say 500 ft-lbs of torque, via TM you are reducing that opposing force to say 150 ft-lbs. that will result in a shift that is not only easier on the clutches, but it will also be faster than with no TM at all. and if it is programmed properly, you won't notice it at all.

when i had the factory pcm running the motor, there was no way to send a TM request to the pcm because the transmission controller couldn't communicate with it so i had to use a 2 step. the tranny controller has an output that will send a ground signal when it is wanting a power reduction for a shift. that wire was used to activate the 2 step (N2MB WOT box) which would cut the 12v feed to 7 coils. cylinder #1 didn't get its power interrupted because i needed that coil for an rpm signal for the transmission controller and it would cause problems if that signal was interrupted. so during shifts, 7 out of 8 cylinders went completely dead for a split second. this allowed the transmission to apply the oncoming clutches under far less stress, and also to complete the shift much faster. it took a while to tune properly as it is a band-aid method of TM, but it worked great. below is a screenshot of a WOT 3-4 shift, the teal line running with the yellow line is input shaft speed. from the beginning of the shift, which is where it begins to drop, to the vertical red line, which is the end of the shift, is 0.120 seconds, which is the total time it took to complete the WOT shift. the reason it flatlines briefly after is because this was during tuning when i was trying to get it set up properly, so i had began with i think a 0.300 second ignition cut and then shortened it from there until the cut ended at the same time the shift was completed. but the log shows how fast the transmission was able to complete the shift when the motor isn't fighting against it. so you're saving the transmission and also getting a performance benefit as well. there are writeups about it on hellcat forums, guys get faster shifts and lower ETs by using torque management than by eliminating it. if it is set up correctly for your application, it is going to make your car faster.

as for the disconnected feeling with DBW, that comes down to tuning. the CMR tune i had in the factory pcm had absolutely instantaneous throttle response, it was phenomenal. it just needs to be set up correctly.

119512547_1642200662625463_3232305063488645203_n.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    sale pending