Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elkk View Post
    Dan, Performance Spare does offer a redesigned spare wheel/tire that does not require a spacer for $135.00, it will fit the 4 piston Brembo but not the 6 piston.
    Thanks again for the help/reply, seriously

Had I known it was "only" $135....I probably would've gone that route, BUT on their site...they're saying $275 for just the wheel/tire (and no tools):
    DODGE - CHARGER, CHALLENGER SCAT PACK 2015 AND NEWER (W/O JACK AND LUG WRENCH)
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    On another note...I read the opposite, that you should put the spare on the front. Putting it on the rear will wear out the LSD, or something to that effect because it's a smaller diameter and would be rotating faster than the other wheel.
    (I don't know for a fact, that's just what I read when reading about spares)
    You hear that about the LSD but Dodge has sold many vehicles with LSD and that small spare. For example, every M6 Challenger from 2009 thru 2014 had LSD and that small temp spare either as standard equipment or an option and still is today, so they obviously are not concerned about it for temporary use.

Also Modern Spare has addressed this too:

My vehicle has a limited slip differential, will using the spare damage my car?

-No, it will not. There are many performance vehicles that come from the factory with both a limited slip differential (LSD) and a spare tire.

As a general rule of thumb, a spare tire needs to have a diameter that is at least 85% of the diameter of the vehicles other tires.

At minimum, our products have a spare tire diameter that is 92% of the OEM tire diameter with many of our kits having a 95% + diameter relation to the OEM tire size.

Thus, you can be confident that any Modern Spare product will be well within the safe use range for your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Thanks snobrdrdan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's a good question for the dealer. I think for short distance it would be ok. Is the Scat Pack factory spare a 18" or 20"?

Also make sure your lug wrench fits the lug nuts and wrap the lug wrench/socket with tape to prevent damage to your wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scat Pack has no spare either standard or optional but I saw a 5.7L Challenger T/A with 4-piston Brembos and it had a factory spare. There appears to be two different spare tire codes now so I assume one of them fits over the 4-pistons as I cant imagine FCA releasing a spare that would only fit the rear. Why the Scat Pack with the same brakes does not offer a spare I do not know or maybe that is about to change.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
    I think I'd forget that huge spacer and just do a two tire swap if I had a front flat and keep that spare on the rear where no spacer is needed.
    Rereading this....I can use the OEM spare on the rear just fine, as is? (aka it'll clear the brakes)

Good call on the LSD....again, I wasn't sure and I had only read about it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12