Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    2008-2010 3.5 engine

    looking to buy at least a good short block, a complete engine would also be nice. I could even use a salvageable rotating assembly. From what I understand 2008 thru 2010 would be best.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted on your other thread...

    Try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market


    There's a heaping plenty of engines on there.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorg1 View Post
    looking to buy at least a good short block, a complete engine would also be nice. I could even use a salvageable rotating assembly. From what I understand 2008 thru 2010 would be best.
    What is your location

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 89OPLX View Post
    What is your location

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    New mexico

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I posted on your other thread...

    Try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market


    There's a heaping plenty of engines on there.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I just needed a 3.5, and used car-part. I found a full running 2010 engine with 98k for $1300 at a yard 15 miles from home.
    Oh, 2007 - 2010 are the only years. Good luck.
    2013 Charger Daytona R/T Super Track Pack
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    I just needed a 3.5, and used car-part. I found a full running 2010 engine with 98k for $1300 at a yard 15 miles from home.
    Oh, 2007 - 2010 are the only years. Good luck.
    Did you get a warranty? I know I've bought several engines from them for other cars and got 1 year on a couple of them.


    You'd be surprised at the things you can find on there at decent prices.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Did you get a warranty? I know I've bought several engines from them for other cars and got 1 year on a couple of them.


    You'd be surprised at the things you can find on there at decent prices.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    91 days, but, it hardly matters. Ever try making a claim on a junk yard warranty?

    Absolutely!
    this week, that 3.5 engine. A buddy has a rotted 2500 HD truck bed, gold, otherwise great truck - found a rust free gold bed and gate for $1500 locally.
    I needed a silver cop car fender - local yard, silver, $75
    a grill in black - same thing, a local yard, black, $50

    car-part.com, search by distance IS YOUR FRIEND!!

    ** found out Ford police interceptors made in 99-2000 came with a high speed vibration composite driveshaft. Has clear markings on it.
    I search 99-00 driveshafts, found 4 near me. 3 of them were the valuable ones! Resold a few, kept mine.
    these actually interchange with 98-2012 Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and the 03/04 Marauder. everybody wants one.
    Last edited by chief455; 03-15-2019 at 05:09 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one I looked at listed at car-part was garbage. engine mount tab (boss) was broken off the block. Also was not properly stored. Full of sand. I'll keep checking.

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •